• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawn Layden (President SCEA) wearing Crash Bandicoot t-shirt at PSX...

Nakho

OP, you're tripping if you think ND will make a new Crash game.

It will go to a lesser known dev and be happy about it.

Ricky_R

Shawn

EBC89mW.gif

hohoXD123

Definitely getting some FF7 troll vibes. It wasn't even a discrete tease.

They got the IP???

Is it this years PSX troll ala 2014 Square Enix & FF7?

E3 2016 reveal incoming??? Seems pretty apt with Naughty Dog having released Uncharted 4 by then.

JTXBO0y.gif

There's like no way ND will be working on an IP like crash now that they are Sony's cash cow. If they have taken the IP back then one of the smaller studios will be working on it.

I really don't like this... If they have it why not announce it now. They want the FF7 situation that bad? Everyone sees this coming, nobody saw FF7 coming at E3. This is the first time as a gamer I was really dissapointed by such a event. I didn't expect Crash. He and Spyro are a running joke from me and my friends every single year. When you bring it out with a Crash Bandicoot shirt and don't show it... It really does hurt

I'd say it was a pretty big intentional troll. PSX troll being an annual thing, they obviously hear the demand for Crash, the fact that his anniversary is next year, etc. I'd expect an announcement at E3 2016.

Matticers

Mega troll job. But the troll was that they didn't announcement something today. I think it's very obvious that a real announcement is coming at E3.

Big Chungus

Didnt whats his face wear a Battletoads shirt at the MS E3 conference?

and it turned out to be Battletoads in Retro Replay and In Killer Instinct, lol

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Forget the haters, Crash Bandicoot 1 is my favorite in the series (especially for its challenge), and is my favorite PS1 game. So much nostalgia.

Its my favorite as well and nostalgia has nothing to do with it.

Its just simple, good 3d platforming.

They are totally trolling and holding back until e3. They still need big announces for the biggest show of the year. Can't show all your cards at a smaller conference like PSX.

Auctopus

"If we opened with Uncharted imagine what the rest of the show will be like" While wearing a Crash shirt.

You knew exactly what you were doing Layden.

He immediately walked off stage and got the first taxi back to the hype train derailment bunker.

HardRojo

I'm gonna say they're working on bringing Crash back, and this is just a small tease to keep us wondering. They'll probably have something more concrete at E3. If that's not the case, then I don't see how they thought this would be a good idea.

Freeman

Banned
Was I the only one who thought about Agent when Adam Boyes made a James bond like pose before getting into the stage?

I don't like this teasing, as if we are not teased enough, this was so bad I'm thinking about never watching another conference again and just get the news like everyone else, I don't need this.

Yawnier

Banned
Don't get why he would wear a Crash Bandicoot shirt if Sony didn't get the rights to him, or if they somehow worked out a deal with Activision, Vivendi, or whoever the fuck owns Crash now. Unless he really wanted to troll and fuck with us.

Man

Even if there was a new crash, there is no way Naughty Dog has any significant role in the making of that game.
It's Naughty Dog's baby and Naughty Dog is Sony's baby.
Naughty Dog would have to pass it up before Sony would even consider handing it to a different studio.

I can't even imagine how a 2016 Crash Bandicoot by Naughty Dog would look like.

Top Bottom