• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawn Layden (President SCEA) wearing Crash Bandicoot t-shirt at PSX...

Majine

Banned

At least something Battletoads materialized after that.

Rare_replay.jpg

AntMurda

It's Naughty Dog's baby and Naughty Dog is Sony's baby.
Naughty Dog would have to pass it up before Sony would even consider handing it to a different studio.

I can't even imagine how a 2016 Crash Bandicoot by Naughty Dog would look like.

What about High Impact Games? Former Naughty Dog developers who worked on Crash, used to do a lot of first-party contract work for SCE.

Looks like an E3 2016 announcement then.... Sigh.

I wouldn't expect it if I were you. People are always expecting it and nearly lost their shit because of the shirt. Some people might try to rationalize it (release after Uncharted 4, release after Ratchet so you don't have 2 big platformers, etc).

I will wait to get excited until after they announce they have bought the IP, until then Crash is dead and gone to me.

modalife

Banned
Probably an E3 announcement. Looking forward to it, save these huge announcements for the biggest stage. Makes sense.

NEO0MJ

There's like no way ND will be working on an IP like crash now that they are Sony's cash cow. If they have taken the IP back then one of the smaller studios will be working on it.

Yeah. Even if they get the rights to Crash they'll have a team like sanzaru handle it.

Kriken

No, evidently you just have to state your opinion as fact with nothing to back it up.

How is that different than the original guy he quoted though? We have no proof that a game is or is not in development with current events leaning towards it not being a thing

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
There's like no way ND will be working on an IP like crash now that they are Sony's cash cow. If they have taken the IP back then one of the smaller studios will be working on it.

Yep this is true. But wow I don't think my brain is capable of imagining a modern Naughty God Crash game.

The logic of "why would they make a Crash game? Who cares about Crash?" is so dead and buried in a year where we've gotten stuff like Shenmue.

What if they offered it to Insomniac? They clearly know how to make great platformers nowadays. Or maybe Sanzaru considering how well they did bringing back Sly.

It's Naughty Dog's baby and Naughty Dog is Sony's baby.
Naughty Dog would have to pass it up before Sony would even consider handing it to a different studio.

I can't even imagine how a 2016 Crash Bandicoot by Naughty Dog would look like.
Yeah, but I don't see any chance Naughty Dog would ever want to do another Crash. Look at the games they are doing now, to go back to a franchise like Crash would be such a waste of resources. They are some of the best story tellers in gaming right now and for them to make a crash game would be a total waste.

Yeah, but I don't see any chance Naughty Dog would ever want to do another Crash. Look at the games they are doing now, to go back to a franchise like Crash would be such a waste of resources. They are some of the best story tellers in gaming right now and for them to make a crash game would be a total waste.

I absolutely don't think ND will work on Crash again, but the fact that they pretty seriously considered a new Jak, even going so far as to make all that awesome concept art, before deciding on TLOU shows they aren't afraid to go back to projects from their past.

Elios83

E3 2016, this was a hint of things to come!
or maybe not, ND has its hands full for the rest of gen with TLOU2 and a new IP

AniHawk

I absolutely don't think ND will work on Crash again, but the fact that they pretty seriously considered a new Jak, even going so far as to make all that awesome concept art, before deciding on TLOU shows they aren't afraid to go back to projects from their past.

i think it showed they're pretty tone deaf when it comes to any sort of game that should be a little more whimsical and cartoony though. i don't think they have it in them for a game like crash. i also don't really know if crash is a game that really needs reviving. how many people here have played those first three games recently? warped is the one that aged the best to me, but that one kind of started to focus on other things than standard platforming levels.

the first jak and daxter was kind of like crash bandicoot in 3d like other contemporary platformers and that worked rather well. that would be my template if i was looking at how to bring crash into a modern age. i'd probably get media.molecule to do it too since they're basically sony's best studio.

i think it showed they're pretty tone deaf when it comes to any sort of game that should be a little more whimsical and cartoony though. i don't think they have it in them for a game like crash. i also don't really know if crash is a game that really needs reviving. how many people here have played those first three games recently? warped is the one that aged the best to me, but that one kind of started to focus on other things than standard platforming levels.

the first jak and daxter was kind of like crash bandicoot in 3d like other contemporary platformers and that worked rather well. that would be my template if i was looking at how to bring crash into a modern age. i'd probably get media.molecule to do it too since they're basically sony's best studio.

Psychonauts 2s inevitable funding proves that people still want platformers

I think Crash 2 & 3 are genuinely great games. I replay them every year or so and am surprised at how well they hold up. Obviously they aren't perfect by any means, but they are actually good games.

And I think Crash should come back in some form or fashion. He's the only 90's console mascot that faded away as fast as he did. Hell, the other two still exist today (though Sonic is hit or miss at best). Crash deserves his Sonic Generations, so to speak.

Top Bottom