• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawn Layden (President SCEA) wearing Crash Bandicoot t-shirt at PSX...

Oneself

I'm a believer. It's probably part of the huge deal they have going with Activision from the start of the PS4.

Maybe Sony does the whole game and it gets jointly published with Activision.

AniHawk

Psychonauts 2s inevitable funding proves that people still want platformers

i'd say that the millions of platformers sold on nintendo platforms this generation proves that people still want platformers. that wasn't really the argument i was trying to make at all. i'm saying that naughty dog is probably not the best studio suited for that line of work.

Memento

I am actually starting to believe now.

I mean, in a world of FF7R, Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian, Ni no Kuni 2, Nier 2...? I am a complete believer.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Why is everyone so obsessed with Crash? Cartoon characters don't sell these days, any new Crash games would be dead on arrival.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
At least something Battletoads materialized after that.

Rare_replay.jpg

…is that Killer Instinct? Hah, that's cool.

Man

Why is everyone so obsessed with Crash? Cartoon characters don't sell these days, any new Crash games would be dead on arrival.
It has a lot to do with talent involved and pedigree.
I don't care about games in that genre but if it's a new mainline Mario game or a new mainline Crash Bandicoot by Naughty Dog then I will be there day 1.

troy-X

Neo Member
I want Crash back on PS4 :( An HD remix would be fine, but a new episode would just blow my head off.

Literally.

I have serious doubts about how well the new R & C game will sell

They have released a lot of them in the past eight years or so, and they've all sold reasonably well at the least. Hell, they must be pretty damn confident in the IP to make a movie out of it, even if I don't think that's a great idea. What makes you think this game will be the one that bombs?

As said before all Crash games have been regularly on top of PSN charts. The only other classic that is on their level is FF7. There is a HUGE audience who remember the old Crash games very fondly. All they need to do is go back to the basics.

And of course Crash games are pretty damn great.

kirby_fox

Banned
I have a gut feeling...

That it's going to be a remake/reimagining similar to Ratchet & Clank and/or a remake collection of all the PS Crash games.

ZarKryn7

BruceLeeRoy can you just spill it out already. I had enough teasings as it is.

Fffffucking hell Shawn and that shirt.

I have a gut feeling...

That it's going to be a remake/reimagining similar to Ratchet & Clank and/or a remake collection of all the PS Crash games.

What it should be: Crash Bandicoot 4. Plain and simple. Both Linear 3D and 2D segments, classic running toward the camera segment. ''Shitty friend/gimick'' levels minimal. Crash 2 had the best balance with very small use of the water scooter and jetpack. Bring back the Relics from Crash 3. Minimal story. Instant PS4 classic.

What it should be: Crash Bandicoot 4. Plain and simple. Both Linear 3D and 2D segments, classic running toward the camera segment. ''Shitty friend/gimick'' levels minimal. Crash 2 had the best balance with very small use of the water scooter and jetpack. Bring back the Relics from Crash 3. Instant PS4 classic.

Agreed on all points.

AniHawk

Guess who's in third?

they're not in third place because they make cartoony games. their cartoony mascot games have sold millions of copies this generation and are what are keeping them relevant. they've had several games they developed this generation that cleared the 10 million mark, and more that cleared the 5 million mark.

the problem sony has is a problem that sony has. even microsoft tapped into the family market really well with the 360 late in its life, and sees minecraft do well for their consoles in particular (monthly sales are usually 360 > ps3 > xbo > ps4). ps4 or ps3 are generally in last place for these kinds of games, which is actually kind of strange considering that the userbase is the biggest and that sony has been actively trying for at least two years to get something going. i don't understand it myself.

What it should be: Crash Bandicoot 4. Plain and simple. Both Linear 3D and 2D segments, classic running toward the camera segment. ''Shitty friend/gimick'' levels minimal. Crash 2 had the best balance with very small use of the water scooter and jetpack. Bring back the Relics from Crash 3. Minimal story. Instant PS4 classic.
Yeah, usually when I think about rebooting an old franchise I would suggest just using the basic name or a subtitle, but this could definitely just be "Crash Bandicoot 4".

J Range

Why do people keep quoting bruceleeroy? Is he an insider or like verendus or something?

I would be so hyped for a crash game that isnt a cash in. It just makes sense. And why stop at nostalgia? To hell with everybody saying just have some on rails running away from boulders. People dont really know what they want until they see it in a lot of cases. Why not try to make a groundbreaking? Try to rival nintendo in quality and reimauine it for the ps4, not just a rehash thats pretty. Everybody wins.

Top Bottom