• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawn Layden (President SCEA) wearing Crash Bandicoot t-shirt at PSX...

Onaco

I'm a believer. It's probably part of the huge deal they have going with Activision from the start of the PS4.

Maybe Sony does the whole game and it gets jointly published with Activision.

So... same situation Sony was in with Universal? You realize that's the reason Sony originally left Crash, yes?

Why do people keep quoting bruceleeroy? Is he an insider or like verendus or something?

I would be so hyped for a crash game that isnt a cash in. It just makes sense. And why stop at nostalgia? To hell with everybody saying just have some on rails running away from boulders. People dont really know what they want until they see it in a lot of cases. Why not try to make a groundbreaking? Try to rival nintendo in quality and reimauine it for the ps4, not just a rehash thats pretty. Everybody wins.

I don't think he works for Sony like Verendus obviously does but he's verified.

Seems pretty obvious there's something Crash related coming at E3 but I just can't see Activision letting go of any of their IPs. So my pessimistic guess is the same one I made a while ago, Activision will publish it as a budget title like Tony Hawk 5 and Guitar Hero Live...

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
This has probably been mentioned already, but I'm sure they're waiting to announce after UC4 releases IF ND is developing the new game. Layden also wouldn't have been able to wear that shirt given licensing restrictions unless they had rights to promote the image, so a Crash game by Sony is basically a given at this point.

I hope it eventually leaks soon who is working actually on the game. I doubt it will stay a secret for long.

I'll wager a guess and say a smaller studio is working on it while another helps oversee production.

I hope it eventually leaks soon who is working actually on the game. I doubt it will stay a secret for long.

I'll wager a guess and say a smaller studio is working on it while another helps oversee production.

That's the big mystery. I haven't a clue who makes it.

Maybe Cerny helps out as a consultant to have the connection with a old Crash team member but I don't know who actually makes it

cdya.gif

Why is everyone so obsessed with Crash? Cartoon characters don't sell these days, any new Crash games would be dead on arrival.

Ted Price literally just went on stage and said that people obviously still like cartoon character games because they sell well for Insomniac. It's not impossible, and I really don't see the point in these kind of "Why do you guys like THING? Why do you want THING?" posts.

This has to be an E3 tease. Hopefully they handle this well when the time comes.

Saw you in the chat for BandicootWatch2015 lol

That is never happening ever as long as Skylanders still exists. Skylanders was built on the back of Spyro.

I know, but I'm still hoping Spyro will eventually break free from Skylanders.

Traitors don't get their franchises back.

Spyro couldn't help it! He had bills to pay and a dragonfly to feed! Activision had the money, but he didn't know of the consequences.
They've made him into a fugly troll ;_;

We need to get a poll going about whether or not Gaffers think Sony owns the rights to Crash now. I don't have much rationale behind this decision admittedly, but the way I see it, Layden wouldn't be wearing a Crash Bandicoot t-shirt on stage if the IP was still owned by Activision.

StayDead

Yeah, usually when I think about rebooting an old franchise I would suggest just using the basic name or a subtitle, but this could definitely just be "Crash Bandicoot 4".

I hate when they use the old name. It makes it harder to talk about the old games with people who may have never played them before.

Then again, it doesn't stop me hearing people saying Fallout 3 is the first Fallout game.

I was pretty excited when I saw the shirt. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little let down when the conference ended without Crash.

Hopefully this is hinting at Sony actually acquiring the rights for Crash back. I really don't want another Activision title after Mind Over Mutant and Crash of the Titans. I would take another Traveller's Tales game, though. They made my favorite entry in the series:
Twinsanity.

AngryMoth

I wouldn't mind a remaster collection or something but think the reality of a new crash game is never gonna live up to the dream. Also I still don't think they're get the IP

Give it back to TT Games so they can make a proper Twinsanity sequel. Open world with linear stages, a theater of interesting characters, and "gimmick" modes that are still platforming (and not racing/swimming/flying).

I also noticed when my PS4 recommended I start 'following' people on PSN that Naughty Dog's icon is Crash. Though it was the Crash of the Titans design, so eh.

Either way, unless it's really easy to make fake profiles mascarading as other people, that's sorta interesting.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Is this a tactic to get gamers talking, so Activision sees the demand enough to come to the bargaining table?

Crash returning to Playstation with ND back at the helm would be awesome.

Boke1879

If Shenmue can happen. This can happen. Sure it would be tough with Activision owning the IP so I kinda thought it wouldn't happen or maybe Activision would announce it themselves as a multiplat game.

That said. Shawn wearing that shirt is deliberate as FUCK and he knows what he's doing. He knows how the internet would react to this.

I suspect it'll be announced sometime after Uncharted 4 releases or at E3. It'll be something akin to The Racthet game on PS4.

BroBot

I can see it now... E3 2016:

Crash Bandicoot
The Last of Us 2: You know Ellie, we really were the last of us
Rockstar's Agent

I'm so ready.

Is this a tactic to get gamers talking, so Activision sees the demand enough to come to the bargaining table?

Crash returning to Playstation with ND back at the helm would be awesome.

I feel like if Naughty Dog was back at the helm there would be a severe backlash from people who only know ND for Uncharted and TLOU. Heck, I feel like even some Playstation diehards who were there since day 1 would consider it a "waste" of ND's talent these days.

But it would be awesome.

Roo

Not gonna lie, I don't even need a new game.
Bring Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3 HD and I'd be there day 1

oh well :(

barit

I'm okay with Crash coming back to Playstation but let ND alone! They have enough to do with TLOU2 and their new secret Sci-Fi game after UC4 :p

Oh boy, if that ever happens it will probably be Crash PS4 vs Mario NX at E3 :p
Sonic's 25th anniversary game will probably be shown off around then too.

Not like it'd be as prominent (and probably nowhere near as good), but just to make another appeal to 90s nostalgia.

Top Bottom