• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawn Layden (President SCEA) wearing Crash Bandicoot t-shirt at PSX...

Maybe it'll be made irrelevant in 2016. Here's to hoping.

I think my GIF's shelflife is on the way out, yeah. :)

Worth noting, the PSN charts came out for November, and Crash continues its long time consistent run of being in the PSN best sellers for PS Classics. In the EU store, it commonly holds the top 4 spots.

Any studio can make a Crash game. HAHAHAH.

I love how everyone is like looking at studios that has previous platformer experience. That doesnt mean squat. They can easily form a team inside santa monica or naughty dog. And hire talent from outside. Its just the matter of throwing a decent amount of money at it.

whether they want to take a financial risk and potentially have their own mario. Or simply make a small game for the fans and make a decent profit.

I agree with this. It's just that platformer studios have an easier comparison point. We can judge against their previous platformer output to see a better frame of reference.

Anyways, what about Spyro? why r we not talking about him?

Because he's just a Skylanders character now.

Spyro is one of the best selling Skylanders, I believe (been a long time since I've heard that though) and has far more value to Activision than Crash does, especially given the circumstances I referred to in my earlier posts. If anything was being sold or collaborated on, it wouldn't be Spyro, as much as I'd love for a classic Spyro game to come out.

Synth

Spyro is one of the best selling Skylanders, I believe (been a long time since I've heard that though) and has far more value to Activision than Crash does, especially given the circumstances I referred to in my earlier posts. If anything was being sold or collaborated on, it wouldn't be Spyro, as much as I'd love for a classic Spyro game to come out.

Yea, that's actually what I meant. He's now more notable for Skylanders than he ever was for his own series. Crash, I can see Activision parting with, or at least sharing (they haven't exactly had much success with him)... but Spyro? Nah.

Yea, that's actually what I meant. He's now more notable for Skylanders than he ever was for his own series. Crash, I can see Activision parting with, or at least sharing (they haven't exactly had much success with him)... but Spyro? Nah.

This is pretty much my view point on it. Toys for Bob took the first Skylanders game with Spyro and a bunch of Spyro-esque worlds and turned it into a force in the toy world.

I think my GIF's shelflife is on the way out, yeah. :)

Worth noting, the PSN charts came out for November, and Crash continues its long time consistent run of being in the PSN best sellers for PS Classics. In the EU store, it commonly holds the top 4 spots.
I'm surprised that Crash is on the North American best sellers list. It's not compatible with Vita (in NA), is it? So are people just buying it for PS3/PSP? Or has it become Vita-compatible and I've not been aware?

I'm surprised that Crash is on the North American best sellers list. It's not compatible with Vita (in NA), is it? So are people just buying it for PS3/PSP? Or has it become Vita-compatible and I've not been aware?

Not Vita compatible. Last year it was three of the top five spots for yearly top sellers. If it was vita compatible it could have done even better.

SNURB

I just hope Sony/Activision go all out for Crash's 20th. Crash has the potential to be relaunched as a franchise and become amazing again.

Imagine if they put out a collector's edition of the game that includes an art book, the game's soundtrack, a collectible statue to go it and a DVD with a retrospective of the franchise. That would be a day one purchase for me, even if I have to fight for it.

I just hope Sony/Activision go all out for Crash's 20th. Crash has the potential to be relaunched as a franchise and become amazing again.

Imagine if they put out a collector's edition of the game that includes an art book, the game's soundtrack, a collectible statue to go it and a DVD with a retrospective of the franchise. That would be a day one purchase for me, even if I have to fight for it.

I don't think you'll ever get a collector's edition of that caliber for Crash, unfortunately, as much as I would love it.

Top Bottom