• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3 delayed to 2nd half of 2018.

DKHF

Not surprised, most major Kickstarter games get a significant delay so I was expecting this. They should take as much time as is reasonable to make an awesome game.

That's cool. What's another year. Would like to see something though i.e. Ryo's new model. That still worries me for some reason.

MoonFrog

Okay. Wasn't expecting it soon anyway. Just hope they a) can get it out and b) in a state they find fittingly ends the series.

I did expect this to happen to be honest, so not really surprised. Hopefully Sega has a Shenmue 1 & 2 HD remaster to announce at E3, to keep fill the gap.

eso76

Not surprised.
Hope development doesn't end up being too expensive for them, because i really want Shenmue 3 to be profitable, besides good.

MilkLizard

Not surprising. And honestly, what's another year or two after we waited that long? I just hope the game's gonna be good.

Now give me Shenmue HD Sega

-shadow-

Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama.gif

MaxiLive

Surprised it is only delayed until mid-late 2018, I wouldn't mind too much if it was till 2019/2020 at this point as long as the product that comes it reasonable. And by reasonable I don't mean a massive AAA game to match the scale of Shenmue I/2 but something that at least felt similar with all characters have dialogue etc. I hope they don't have to cut too many corners with the smaller team!

Now, lets hope Sega has some Shenmue HD teasers for us next week? ;)

Floody

Always thought that was the plan, a mid-late 2018 release. Anyways, not too worried they've been pretty good with keeping people informed on the progress of the game, which is always a good sign with these.

DKHF

Possible that no Shenmue 3 this year because Sega has been bothering Yu to work on their HD remaster?
It's more likely the reason is simply the December 2017 target was given before they tripled their 2 million goal. The scope/length of the project had to be expanded to accomodate that (even if they were expecting it to exceed 2 million from being at the conference).

Not shocked, just hope they give themselves enough time to get it to the quality level we all would love it to be.

Shenmue HD releases would certainly help pass the time......Hint hint wink wink Sega.

I had to laugh last year when people put Shenmue 3 in their 2017 most anticipated.

Good to hear the game is progressing well though.

Top Bottom