• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinGT

Banned
anigif_enhanced-buzz-8296-1344235778-6.gif

latest

Pachael

It's done. Shenmue III will happen.

I put in $100 without even peeking at the video this morning, on pure faith alone.

On viewing the video that was such a nostalgia trip with Shenhua/Ryo, that Ryo jumping over the creek was a QTE opportunity truly missed, but the test footage looked fantastic, the characters are just as I remembered them 13 years ago (EU Dreamcast)

Yu Suzuki mentioned that he heard of Kickstarter 3 years ago so it probably took him that time to get the ducks lined up (especially Sega for the IP)

Thanks so much Schafer, DoubleFine, and even to Fargo et al for starting the Kickstarter mania that, despite many highs and lows, have led to this point. THIS POINT.

From the DF Adventure kickstarter thread 3 and a bit years ago:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34975987&postcount=913
Yu Suzuki should try this with Shenmue 3. Like really.

Now that it's funded, I can worry about other things, like the development team involved (need more resources for an ambitious game), lack of robustness in the Kickstarter itself (seems a bit sparse on what's being offered), and obviously, scope.

The video didn't look like it'll finish the saga, so as a backer I'll say - Please Yu, finish it.

Ishan

Umm I haven't kickstarter anything yet but umm gaf sell me on this and I'll put down a 29 for the ps4 version (I like gta like story based games (love uc2 tlou) don't dislike qd cause heavy rain is interesting but didn't find order's story interesting in it's execution ) essentially story is cool with me if you can interest me in it ... Mechanically I assume most of shenmue has been copied and improved iterated upon apart from the side activities

Furoba

If they're not careful, Yu is going to have to sign thousands and thousands of illustrations. If he starts doing 10 every day now for 2 years, he might finish in time. ;p

Croash

Less than 9 hours, awesome! Crowdfunding can be super impressive.

With such a good start, I'm very curious to see how this will evolve in 31 days.

Havoc2049

I just funded at the $100 level! This is amazing!! Frikin' Shenmue!!! Woot!!!

Time to fire up the DC and Xbox for some Shenmue and Shenmue II love!

BloodR0se

Not a damn person. The most amazing thing to happen in video games for me since.. Mario 64? And still a press conference to go. E3 makes me want to cry.

Last night was the 4th E3 I have watched but it was definitely the most monumental and two of those E3's included new console announcements.

Absolutely amazing.

MaxiLive

Yus! $2 million already that is fantastic.

Thanks for everyone support this beautiful franchise *wipes away tear*

Now lets hit that $4 million goal and beyond!!! Keep spreading the word, get your gaming friends to chuck in $5 even if they aren't a fan of Shenmue and gift them something on Steam as a reward.

Ishan

Err is that a comparison to that star commander whatever thingy ?

EDIT : if so don't see your point .... Apart from some "exposition" of PC vs console funding ... If it's about trying to reach te same ? Hmm not sure international 4 happened so strange things happen

If I am correct about the start date (6:51pm PST), this project took approximately 8 hours and 46 minutes to reach its two million dollars funding goal!

Yooka-Laylee's record was one million in roughly 6 hours.

fedexpeon

Banned
to be honest though, the number of backers doesn't look too high. Few people pleading lots of money ?
But i'm not familiar with other KS's.

Yup, a few people pleading for more than the product is worth to make but dream doesn't have a price point for them.

Chinner

Banned
to be honest though, the number of backers doesn't look too high. Few people pleading lots of money ?
But i'm not familiar with other KS's.

what's worrying is that most of the shenmue fans will be backing this KS, and getting a game as a result of it. when/if Shenmue 3 is actually released, all of the target fanbase will have already received the game as part of the KS perks and wont be able to buy this game.

i suspect this game will flop hard, maybe 100k copies at most if it reaches retail at all.

The best thing is: the game will be available on a platform with longevity too, not only on the one with the days counted.

I hope they will release SII and SII on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom