• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. RPG

Why Kickstarter?
Since the release of Shenmue 2, now 14 years ago, I have been greeted by the passionate outpouring of dedicated fans and Shenmue community members wherever I go. They all want to know one thing: "When will Shenmue 3 be coming out?" With the advent of games using Kickstarter during these past few years, the new and now frequent demand from the fans has been, “Do a Kickstarter for Shenmue 3!”

If Shenmue 3 was going to get made, I wanted to make it with the fans. Through Kickstarter, I knew that could happen. Together, with Shenmue fans everywhere, I knew we could build the game that the series deserves.

If we do not reach our funding goal, Shenmue 3 will not go forward. I know that the goal of making Shenmue 3 with the fans, and seeing Shenmue in the hands of gamers all around the world is a lofty one. We are balancing our ambitions for a grand sequel with the pragmatic realities of developing a game of this scale. It will not be easy, but I have dreamed of making this sequel for 14 years – it is time to bring Shenmue back! And to make it come true, it will need the love and support from each and every one of you!

So please join us in making Shenmue 3 – let us grow our community and build a new, exciting Shenmue experience!

• Late 2017 release
  • PC / PlayStation 4
  • Both physical and digital versions for PS4 and PC
  • Corey Marshall will be reprising his role as Ryo from Shenmue 1 and 2
  • Unreal Engine 4

Kickstarter & Shenmue Community Sites
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter
Shenmue 3 Official Website
Shenmue Dojo
Shenmue Master
ShenmueFans (Facebook)
Team Yu
Shenmue 500k

Twitter
Shenmue 3 (Official)
Yu Suzuki (Director)
Cedric Biscay (Co-Producer)

Next Stretch Goal

rc9nJdi.png

Kickstarter Updates
Update #37: Ryan Payton – The Meaning of Shenmue on Kickstarter

Multimedia

A Gamer's Journey: The Definitive History of Shenmue (Teaser Trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M0vUnW0uuk

Thank Yu!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4nG7m0FZhc

Related: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter News Archive

iNvid02

The answer was no fucking publisher would pay for it

3 outta 3, get the fuck outta here

pack it up its time to go home

Enosh

I can't be the only one thinking that begging fans for money on the stage of a multimillion corporation is a bit fucked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom