• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
They need to figure out how to implement an physical release of the PS4 version. It's really restricting a lot of backers to the $30 set, when there are a lot of people who go at least 1 set upwards if they had the option.

Spaghetti

it's slowed down for sure, but people have to sleep sometime. we'll maybe see another european push in a couple hours. 3 million by this afternoon at least.

do we have any shenmue twitter campaigners in here? has anybody thought about a sustained twitter campaign to try and keep awareness high?

Donos

These Projects always get a final rush shortly before ending so i guess 5 mill (maybe 6 if they have a good tier for it) is a good guess. If they don't sleep on promoting it further and have good updates, everyhing is possible. Sony is probably going to put it on the blog a few times.

Trojan X

Banned
it's slowed down for sure, but people have to sleep sometime. we'll maybe see another european push in a couple hours. 3 million by this afternoon at least.

do we have any shenmue twitter campaigners in here? has anybody thought about a sustained twitter campaign to try and keep awareness high?

Everyone need to insanely push this Kickstarter for sure! Twitter, Facebook, other forums, general medias where people still play games but don't go to gaming forums, it need to be pushed everywhere. If we want newer milestones such as the PS4 physical disk, we have to spread the word more and more for not everyone watched E3 and know about Shenmue III's existence along with its capacity.

Are there any Shenmue III funding banners or something that can be spread all over the place? How about an incredible video? It would be fantastic if Gamespot, IGN, MCV, Kotaku, Famitsu, and many other medias could do feature spots of Shenmue III along with indirect encourage to support the game to become the true sequel that we are ALL waiting for and more. After all, when all is said and done, there will be no more chances at all.... None.

YU SUZUKI - Update this video using some amazing FF level CG and put it on your kickstarter and also send it to all medias. It will massively help the hype train: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ6-QRThA8A

GavinGT

Banned
Get your Shenmue Defense Force avatars with this handy template!

Fond_Shenmue_Defense_Force.png

Theonik

Happy Day 2 Everyone!

That was an AMAZING first day! And we have only just started! There are still so may stops to make, so let's keep this ship steaming on.

Throughout the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter campaign, we will have a whole carnival of everything that is Shenmue to celebrate this occasion. Exclusive interviews, game and development info, polls, and lots more! (Can’t spoil all the surprises, can we?)

To kick off our Super Shenmue Update Spectacular, we have a special guest who has had Shenmue close to his heart since the very beginning.

Founder of Camoflaj, and fresh from his success with his own Kickstarter for Republique, this pillar of the gaming community made his mark as a video game journalist and with his work on the Metal Gear Solid series and Halo 4.

So give a big welcome to Ryan Payton as he talks Shenmue, crowdfunding and Yu Suzuki:
https://player.vimeo.com/video/130896088

Thank you all for supporting Shenmue 3! To make this Shennmue the Shenmue we all want, please keep up the Tweeting, Facebooking, posting, and Chawan signing!

See you tomorrow!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1266077

Edit: oh super late on this one should have checked the time.

Krejlooc

Banned
If all the magnificent music in this series, the orchestral version of the theme song has to be my favorite

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DSOkM4e85SA

It feels so grandiose, so epic, so sweeping. It has the weight and significance such a ground breaking project deserves. It feels appropriately heavy.

I remember listening to this track over and over again in the odcm shenmue trailer. One of the best musical pieces in all of gaming.

fedexpeon

Banned
Hmmm it's nearing 2.9 million now, seems like money has slowed down?
It'll probably get around 4 tops, just because of the 3.5 million skill tree

The weird thing about KS is that near the end, there is a bit of an increase in pledges when some of the people realized that the project could potentially be possible.
But yeah, I am expecting 5-6M at the end..

If all the magnificent music in this series, the orchestral version of the theme song has to be my favorite

It feels so grandiose, so epic, so sweeping. It has the weight and significance such a ground breaking project deserves. It feels appropriately heavy.

I remember listening to this track over and over again in the odcm shenmue trailer. One of the best musical pieces in all of gaming.

I love to also listen to some of the game's background music, such as FREE1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMMQEXzKcb4

Great to lie down and relax to.

Theonik

The main theme really captures the epic they are trying to setup and showcases the game's ambition and scale. That trailer really blew some minds when it came out.

The sound of waves in morning haze has special room in my heart however. The orchestral version especially.
http://youtu.be/QTpdpmSNW60

GavinGT

Banned
Have people commented on Ryo's face change? I know it's very early work in progress but I'm just curious if people like the new face.

My first thought was it looked whack. Now that I've been staring at this Kickstarter page for 30 hours, it seems fine.

Everything in that video is subject to change, though. It looks like it was done in Suzuki's basement with zero budget. But I'd be fine if that's representative of the final game, as long as they get some real voice actors in there.

Yeah, I'm not really reading too much in to anything we've seen in the short concept video. I'm kinda used to it too after staring at it for so long but I'd love to see no changes at all, obviously. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

N30RYU

Almost 3,000,000 (+1M the goal) some of that money could have been to Outcast reboot HD with only 330,000 left to be funded....

Is a shame some projects made it and others don't... I guess what would have happended if Outcast would have shown in a E3 conference...

Almost 3,000,000 (+1M the goal) some of that money could have been to Outcast reboot HD with only 330,000 left to be funded....

Is a shame some projects made it and other don't... I guess what would have happended if Outcast would have shown in a E3 conference...

Your post comes off like you're bitter against Shenmue 3 because a game you want to see funded isn't there yet. Not sure if that's the case but it's pretty weird to see someone in the thread almost blaming Shenmue 3 for other games not reaching their goals.

Also, is this going to be the standard now? A game doesn't reach their goal so it's going to be an automatic "IT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN FUNDED IF IT GOT FREE PROMOTION LIKE SHENMUE!!!".

SRV

Guys, probably a silly question but, I want to back, but I only see the option to do so in USD , is there a way to change it to GBP?

Spaghetti

Have people commented on Ryo's face change? I know it's very early work in progress but I'm just curious if people like the new face.
looks better in some shots than others, but it's still very early indeed

seems they're going for an art style closer to the concept art than realism

N30RYU

Your post comes off like you're bitter against Shenmue 3 because a game you want to see funded isn't there yet. Not sure if that's the case but it's pretty weird to see someone in the thread almost blaming Shenmue 3 for other games not reaching their goals.

Also, is this going to be the standard now? A game doesn't reach their goal so it's going to be an automatic "IT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN FUNDED IF IT GOT FREE PROMOTION LIKE SHENMUE!!!".

Wasn't my intention played both Shenmue 1 and 2 and will buy the 3rd. I'm just telling is a shame Outcast wasn't promoted more, or better

Shenmue3 totally deserves to happen and would have been funded in matter of hours with or without promotion

I only say is a shame amazing games doesn't make it.

I don't want to derail the thread, is just a tought

Regarding the bolded, I just don't get that. Why sit on a failed IP? You won't do anything with it and the creator wants it back and you say "no"? What could Sega possibly have to gain?? ....they didn't make Shenmue pachinko machines, did they?

Because it's a horrible and wrong decision. This is Sega!!

They like just sitting on ip, even though it could absolutely bring in the money. Look at fucking Streets of Rage, huge hit in the 90s, everyone who had a Genesis knew about it. Not touched it for decades. Arcade games which are bordering on as legendary as Shenmue 3 itself, ports of Daytona 2,Scud race, etc, just never happened.

They're an odd bunch. Honestly, right up there when it comes to companies who just cannot make the right call. Ever.

Docpan

They need to do way more integration with social media shit with way way better tiers.

Hire the Bloofstained guys. This KS is rapidly slowing down..

Guys, probably a silly question but, I want to back but I only see the option to do so in USD , is there a way to change it to GBP?

You will automatically get converted to GBP when you pledge. You could always use a currency converter to see the cost. There won't be any additional charges for doing this either. Is there a reason you don't want to pay in USD?

Soulkay

Neo Member
I would never have expected such a huge amount of money to be put towards such a project. It's pretty insane and now how can the game possibly live up to expectations put upon it... I mean srsly.

I'll be fine with it anyway even if the game looks like what it did in Shenmue II as long as I get to play it one more time and beat the crap outta Lan Di !

Looking at the Kickstarter stats, crazy that nearly 900 people have chucked in $500.

And there's three generous (and rich) peeps that have coughed up $10,000.

SRV

You will automatically get converted to GPB when you pledge. You could always use a currency converter to see the cost. There won't be any additional charges for doing this either. Is there a reason you don't want to pay in USD?

It should show you an approximate conversion rate.

That's great, I didn't try going through "checkout" fully so I wasn't sure.

No reason other than I'm in the UK so I'd prefer to know the amount in GBP. Thanks for the replies!

Yeah, the hype needs to keep going and more stretch goals need to be added. Higher tiers are a must too. A $800 / $1000 tier is a must and maybe even higher than that. I'd hate to see this Kickstarter not reach its potential because of missed opportunities with running the campaign.

Krejlooc

Banned
That's great, I didn't try going through "checkout" fully so I wasn't sure.

No reason other than I'm in the UK so I'd prefer to know the amount in GBP. Thanks for the replies!

BTW, you can use google to convert currency by searching with the correct terms.

"500 GBP in USD" will return a result a top the page with the correct conversion.

This works for tons of other types of conversions, too, not just currency. "12 mm in feet" as an example.

Spaghetti

Yeah, the hype needs to keep going and more stretch goals need to be added. Higher tiers are a must too. A $800 / $1000 tier is a must and maybe even higher than that. I'd hate to see this Kickstarter not reach its potential because of missed opportunities with running the campaign.
leave a comment in the updates. i'm sure they're paying attention and are probably looking to figure this out as we speak.

BlazinAm

I wonder if by the end of e3 if Sony and the team behind Shenmue 3 make some more announcements to give the kickstarter some lift. I'd assume that when e3 is over that the donations will trail off a lot. Besides it looks like at the rate they will hit all their goals by Thursday night.

Edit: apparently they have more villages as stretch goals they just haven't noted the money value for them yet.

GavinGT

Banned
I wonder if by the end of e3 if Sony and the team behind Shenmue 3 make some more announcements to give the kickstarter some lift. I'd assume that when e3 is over that the donations will trail off a lot. Besides it looks like at the rate they will hit all their goals by Thursday night.

There are two stretch goals mentioned in the video that don't yet have dollar amounts attached to them. They're for two additional villages. That shit will bring out the backers.

Spaghetti

There are two stretch goals mentioned in the video that don't yet have dollar amounts attached to them. They're for two additional villages. That shit will bring out the backers.
they need to list how much they cost once this hits three million.

there's a lack of incentive now it looks like we're about million away from the highest stretch goal.

honestly i'd like to know more about the game mechanics. i'm wondering what they're going to do for combat. shenmue had one of the great modern combat systems, but it could definitely improve in this age.

one-on-one combat is still great though, it's virtua fighter with dodge mechanics.

Aki-at

Regarding the bolded, I just don't get that. Why sit on a failed IP? You won't do anything with it and the creator wants it back and you say "no"? What could Sega possibly have to gain?? ....they didn't make Shenmue pachinko machines, did they?

Outside of the series' appearance in the Sonic and Allstars series, SEGA makes money over licensing the series out to merchandiser. Just a month or two ago we got vinyl for Shenmue and there's been models and cloth lines too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom