• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
if it helps, you've got a whole 30 days to rustle up $29.

i know a few people who are waiting for pay day before they drop on this.

actually, i expect there may be a boost towards the end of the money because of that.

There was a boost at the last few days of bloodstained & Yooka IIRC

Amir0x

Banned
I wonder if making ShenMue III a reality is enough to get old school SEGA fans to finally forgive Sony for the PS2 axin' Dreamcast.

This is just how Kickstarters go, you can check almost any high-profile successful project like this and see exactly the same curve.

They could definitely get a bump from existing backers by adding some juicy higher tiers, but after the big initial push it's hard to get in a lot of new backers, until the second rush near the end.

image.php

Uhhh ohhh!
We're gonna have to meet at Sakuragaoka Park at nightfall to battle for the rights of this avatar!

SkyOdin

There was a boost at the last few days of bloodstained & Yooka IIRC

There is usually a big boost at the end of a Kickstarter campaign. They usually have a large immediate surge of backers that petters by the time the first week ends, followed by a long slower middle stretch, ending with a final surge as the deadline approaches. Most Kickstarters that I have backed or followed have had this pattern.

I wonder if they have anyone who's working heavily monitoring this kickstarter or if they're too busy with E3 business. I'd love to see a video of Yu talking about his feelings.

Lemondish

This.

On a psychic level, the game is funded and already guaranteed to come out. Now that we know it's being supported by Sony itself, there's not much of an impulse or personal sense of ownership (as silly as that is) over the game's success like with other projects.

50% off the price for preordering and the opportunity to have a say on the development should be enough for many fans.

But if it continues to slow like this because of the Sony partnership, then I think it just supports the perspective that passionate fans doesn't always translate to great sales.

Boke1879

50% off the price for preordering and the opportunity to have a say on the development should be enough for many fans.

But if it continues to slow like this because of the Sony partnership, then I think it just supports the perspective that passionate fans doesn't always translate to great sales.

Not sure what you mean. This KS is never going to hit 10 million. We just passed 3 million in less than 2 days. This has been one of the strongest KS there is while following normal KS trends.

You get a strong sure the first 48 hours and then you get a second boost the last 2-3 days. Just how it works. Wouldn't be shocked if this hits about 5 million after it's all said and done.

Complete conjecture at this point. Its entirely possible that its 'slowing down' because its already reached critical mass.

Zach

Its slowed down a lot.

Might not hit 4?

I'm one of those guys who didn't play Shenmue but is keeping an eye on the Kickstarter. If it's just short of milestone a day or so out, I'll probably throw in to help out. Some things are just worth being a part of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom