• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varion

Yeah, I'd like to see some extra tiers soon. hopefully they're working on some higher end tiers and maybe even trying to get a physical PS4 tier in the pipeline, as it seems like a lot of people want that. Anyway: TIER IDEAS

$60 - Physical PS4
$100 - Limited Edition Physical PS4 w/ Backer Exclusive Case
$800 - Exclusive Nazomi, Ren, Joy and Lan Di capsule toys + kitten in box plushie
$1000 - High Quality Ryo Hazuki Jacket Replica
$1500 - High Quality Phoenix Mirror Replica w/ name engraving / backer number on back
$2000 - Help design a custom in-game jacket / item of clothing Ryo can wear
$2500 - Help Design & create a unique capsule toy that can be won in-game
$3000 - As Above only we will send you a fully 3D model replica of your capsule toy
$4000 - Help Design & Name an in-game NPC in collaboration with Ys Net
$5000 - Voice an in-game NPC that will be fully integrated in the world who Ryo can talk to

They don't have to do them all and some could be limited maybe, but there's a few ideas.
Man I feel terrible for saying I'd be tempted to go for $1500 if that was the real reward. Something that feels unique to you and not exactly what everyone else can get (without paying $10k for the jacket) would be really awesome, and something I think hardcore backers would really appreciate.

And really, the lack of physical PS4 game needs to be addressed already. Not 'we're not making one', that's on the FAQ list already, why they're not making one.

N.A

Banned
How about:

$????

Draw an original doodle of a classic Shenmue moment to be included in a new "Scrapbook" section of Ryo's notebook.

$????

Record a message that will be played when dialing a hidden phone number within the game.

celsowmbr

Banned
Update 6:

Hello Shenmuers!

Thanks to everyone backing, supporting, and getting the word out. Every retweet and repost will bring more backers, and more backers means more Shenmue 3.

Yes, we are at day four of the Kickstarter of the Shenmue of the century. And today we have a special message from someone who has many a “of the” attached to his name—Mark Cerny! If you have played video games before, you probably have played something Mark has either programmed, designed, produced or directed. Oh yeah, he was the lead architect for the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation Vita, too!

Mark was one of the first people to suggest to Yu-san that he do a Kickstarter for Shenmue 3. It was Mark who then introduced Ryan Payton to Yu-san, and that was that!

"It's really exciting to see Yu Suzuki back hard at work in the universe of Shenmue. The first two titles innovated in so many ways - the combination of revolutionary cinematic experiences, deep world simulation, and fresh approaches to gameplay was truly memorable. I can't wait to see how Shenmue 3 turns out!"

Mark Cerny, President of Cerny Games

Thank you very much Mark!!! We all owe you a lot! Just a little while back, Kotaku had a nice sit down with Mark, so please take a look-see!

And before we sign off for today, this Friday Yu Suzuki will be on Reddit! You will have your chance to ask him anything! Time to be announced. Get your questions ready!

Thank you again everyone, see you on Reddit tomorrow!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just read that e-mail too. It's interesting knowing he tried to help Yu Suzuki get it started. We haven't really heard from Cerny in a long time.

I wonder if they could include an updated ShenMue Passport with this version now that technology has gone beyond dial up connections. I mean I didn't get a whole lot out of the DC version because I imported it, but maybe if they included all the features it would be neat.

Shen200.jpg

http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/14499/passport.html

I used IGN's translations when I got the import from GameCave.

Lol, and we're back to 3.199...

... and back to 3.2!

It went a bit funky for a second there. It crossed 3.2, then dropped to 3.199.7xx, then went up to 3.199.8xx, then dropped to 3.199.3xx, the climbed back to 3.199.8 again.

Edit: it's still jumping up and down. If people are going to play silly buggers with pledges can they not do it around stretch goal targets.

Yeah, from what Yu has said, sounds like the rapport system is going to be something you have with Shen Hua. I guess it's like Mass Effect where if you don't talk to her during the game much your relationship won't be as strong.

GavinGT

Banned
Seriously, though. We should compile a list of questions to throw at him. I'll start:

- Why no physical PS4 disc?
- What's the deal with the other two towns mentioned in the Kickstarter video?
- Can we have some more higher tier Kickstarter rewards, please?
- What do you forecast the final budget to be?
- Will the game have English and Japanese VO?
- Will Corey Marshall reprise his role?
- Will you finish the story with Shemue III?
- Do you have access to Sega-branded arcade games and capsule toys?
- Can you go into more detail about what the stretch goals actually mean?
- Will you update the controls?
- Will we see a return of some Shenmue I systems, such as lots of interactivity with objects?

xHiryu

Any word on an remaster of Shenmue 1 and 2, never played them as I was too damn young but seeing the hype people have for this game and the 14 year wait. Game does look real interesting though, I do hope to play these soon.

Spaghetti

Any word on an remaster of Shenmue 1 and 2, never played them as I was too damn young but seeing the hype people have for this game and the 14 year wait. Game does look real interesting though, I do hope to play these soon.
the ball is in sega's court on that one

Seriously, though. We should compile a list of questions to throw at him. I'll start:

- Why no physical PS4 disc?
- What's the deal with the other two towns mentioned in the Kickstarter video?
- Can we have some more higher tier Kickstarter rewards, please?
- What do you forecast the final budget to be?
- Will the game have English and Japanese VO?
- Will Corey Marshall reprise his role?
- Will you finish the story with Shemue III?
- Do you have access to Sega-branded arcade games and capsule toys?
- Can you go into more detail about what the stretch goals actually mean?
- Will you update the controls?
- Will the free battle system still exist in the game?
- How will you update QTEs?

GavinGT

Banned
He talked about a cool idea for QTEs. It sounded like you'd get multiple choices at times, and have to quickly decide which is the better one.

MouldyK

I was about to say I never played a game by Mark Cerny, but his 2nd game was Marble Madness, a game which I shove down people's ears just as much as Shenmue, so yeah...

...Praise Cerny!

These were my Main Games before my brother got a Dreamcast in like 2000:

What do you mean I was born AFTER these games came out? I was raised on these! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom