• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

post-29949-Clay-Davis-SHIT-gif-Imgur-eTgm.gif

Shenmue fans are hardcore.

This announcement got me excited because of the impossibility of it... but are people actually excited to play another Shenmue game? Only played the first, but it bored me to tears.

Shenmue 1 and 2 are in my top 10 best games of all time. Yes, yes I'm very excited to play it.

J2 Cool

This announcement got me excited because of the impossibility of it... but are people actually excited to play another Shenmue game? Only played the first, but it bored me to tears.

Definitely excited. Shenmue had some of the most human moments in a game, some of the best reflections on life in motion, some of the most involving pace and peaks, and some of the most uniquely designed structure. Not to mention its immersive, deep world and cultural specificity. Its all to be found behind clunky dialgoue, some aged game mechanics, etc.

Much like I would be excited to play an old school RE game again despite statue controls. It doesnt dictate the game. I also actually like its varied use of qte and battles, strategic fighting system intergrated into the story, and sense of time. Shenmue is amazing

Erekiddo

If someone is willing to spend $3k on a replica, I'm thinking they'd definitely put $7k more toward the real thing.

I had my fun. The endless possibilities of that 10k jacket have amused me.

The dream is dead. I'm changing my pledge from $10k back to $29 when I get off of work.

the floodgates are open

NekoFever

Shows how much money they're leaving on the table by not having more high-value tiers. People want to support this more, clearly. Hell, I'm willing to bump up my $300 pledge if they add something worthwhile to the $500 tier.

If someone is willing to spend $3k on a replica, I'm thinking they'd definitely put $7k more toward the real thing.

I had my fun. The endless possibilities of that 10k jacket have amused me.

The dream is dead. I'm changing my pledge from $10k back to $29 when I get off of work.

the floodgates are open

Leave a comment on the site after you do that to give the hardcore fans a heads up!

Shows how much money they're leaving on the table by not having more high-value tiers. People want to support this more, clearly. Hell, I'm willing to bump up my $300 pledge if they add something worthwhile to the $500 tier.

I doubt they'll edit current tiers, a few more high tier options would be nice though.

Listing my ideas from earlier:

$60 - Physical PS4
$100 - Limited Edition Physical PS4 w/ Backer Exclusive Case
$800 - Exclusive Nozomi, Ren, Joy and Lan Di capsule toys + kitten in box plushie
$1000 - High Quality Ryo Hazuki Jacket Replica
$1500 - High Quality Phoenix Mirror Replica w/ name engraving / backer number on back
$2000 - Help design a custom in-game jacket / item of clothing Ryo can wear
$2500 - Help design & create a unique capsule toy that can be won in-game
$3000 - As above only we will send you a fully 3D model replica of your capsule toy
$4000 - Help design & name an in-game NPC in collaboration with Ys Net
$5000 - Voice an in-game NPC that will be fully integrated in the world who Ryo can talk to

Guess they decided to add an extra $2000 on the jacket though...

kamakazi5

Edit: Misread, they are physical. Removing original post because I'm still confusing some people.

Probably already suggested, but I think another neat reward tier would be replica phoenix & dragon mirrors, maybe in some sort of display box.

Chaos17

People were bitching why Sony didn't came transparent toward Shenmu.
Look the result know Sony came clean about it :
Joshua Kepler Il y a 1 minute

Thanks for hearing fans and adding another tier. Add a few more please! Still so many people wanting to pledge more! Also, a lot of people are saying they will not pledge because Sony is gonna pay the rest. Please clarify you need our pledges to prove the naysayers wrong.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1268390

Thank you detractors.

brett2

Same here. I'm simply not going to pay another $200 for a few capsule toys. Throw in signed Virtua Fighter merch or anything interesting really.

Kazer

I feel the same way. That $500 tier is honestly a joke. I could MAYBE see if they were physical capsule toys but an extra $200 for in game stuff? Crazy.

I thought they were physical capsule toys at the $500 tier?

*edit*

Just to clarify, they ARE physical capsule toys.

Moofers

Yep. They are paying attention. I think they are just inundated with comments and messages right now, and I've even read somewhere that they simply did not expect so much support right away.

I am betting they'll rally the troops and consider their options. The fact that people are already buying those jackets just goes to show there is interest in more reward tiers and if they do it right they could really generate more from existing backers.

They'll get this thing really rolling. I'm staying with my initial estimate of $8M for a grand total by the end.

Backed at $30. At the current rate I can see them hitting all their current stretch goals in the next few weeks. If we make it to the next village goal and funds permit I'll back at a higher tier.

Yu should definitely lean on his back catalogue for more items.
I remember Spike Lee's Kickstarter, he was giving away signed film posters, scripts, on-set photos, etc. All got snapped up really quickly too.

Varion

So is III only going to take place in that village? I hope he has more planned than that.
The video suggests there's potentially three planned, but that's all we know. And 'potentially' is the key word, as the other two might well be stretch goals at this point. Hopefully Yu Suzuki will answer this one tomorrow because it's pretty major.

Rymuth

So is III only going to take place in that village? I hope he has more planned than that.
Even if he added the other villages, they're just that...villages. I'm going to miss the metropolitan areas from I and II.

But Ryo's journey is taking him 'deep into enemy territory', so undoubtedly the locations are going to be more and more rural.

Kikujiro

I doubt they'll edit current tiers, a few more high tier options would be nice though.

$60 - Physical PS4
$800 - Exclusive Nozomi, Ren, Joy and Lan Di capsule toys + kitten in box plushie
$1500 - High Quality Phoenix Mirror Replica w/ name engraving / backer number on back
$3000 - As above only we will send you a fully 3D model replica of your capsule toy
$5000 - Voice an in-game NPC that will be fully integrated in the world who Ryo can talk to

Good suggestions, they absolutely need more tiers, let Fangamer make more things.

I think a pressing question we could ask Yu tomorrow might be his additional funding sources. We already know from the Kickstarter FAQ that they can't legally disclose the intricate details - but a vague question somewhere along the lines of "Do the additional funding sources significantly increase the budget of the game beyond the Kickstarter funds?" could be a great question to ask to put our minds at rest. That image of the villages has me worried that the scope of the game might be heavily dependent on the funding reached via the Kickstarter.

Emphasising that other funding sources are significant could allay our fears somewhat.

$60 - Physical PS4

I would suggest that some of the physical PC tiers had a physical PS4 counterpart

Oriel

Backed $30 but might up it to $60 in a few days for the physical PC copy. And respect to the 7 who pledged $3000 each for the replica jackets. That's dedication.

DunpealD

Probably already suggested, but I think another neat reward tier would be replica phoenix & dragon mirrors, maybe in some sort of display box.

Depending on the license they should also think about offering some Shenhua(scarf, hat and maybe full costume?) and Lan Di clothing like Ryo's jacket. In general more merchandise would be a good idea and maybe they should talk to Sony about offering a PS4 in Shenmue design, including exclusive DS4, Dragon and Phoenix Mirror USB protectors like DQH slime for this kickstarter.

Also I think it would be nice to see Yu Suzuki streaming and replaying Shenmue 1 and 2 while doing some commentary with other members of the dev team. Getting insight from devs is always nice.

IrishNinja

brett2

In general more merchandise would be a good idea and maybe they should talk to Sony about offering a PS4 in Shenmue design, including exclusive DS4, Dragon and Phoenix Mirror USB protectors like DQH slime for this kickstarter.

Ohh man I would probably go for that. They really do have us by the balls :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom