• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
St+TNG+Geordi+mind's+eye.gif

5.409M! Suck it, Reading Rainbow!

ajim

I still cannot believe we are actually talking about Shenmue 3 and getting Shenmue 3.

I still can't believe it.

Every single time I come to this thread... amazing.

Remk

Those reward descriptions are kinda weird, so for the $160 tier when they talk about the original soundtrack they mean Shenmue 3 and not the first one right?
And the fact that they consider unreleased tracks already is kinda odd since there's not even a single music piece created yet, maybe they should refer to it as having special/exclusive music instead.

And $250 is the lowest for a physical one, that's kinda steep. Also that's a real shirt and not some in game item? that would seem obvious but they don't make a reference to the design, sizes or anything.

GavinGT

Banned
Those reward descriptions are kinda weird, so for the $160 tier when they talk about the original soundtrack they mean Shenmue 3 and not the first one right?
And the fact that they consider unreleased tracks already is kinda odd since there's not even a single music piece created yet, maybe they should refer to it as having special/exclusive music instead.

And $250 is the lowest for a physical one, that's kinda keep. Also that's a real shirt and not some in game item? that would seem obvious but they don't make a reference to the design, sizes or anything.

Technically, there's one new music track. And it's really good.

And the shirt is a real shirt, yes. Ryo isn't going to be walking around in the game with a shirt that says "Shenmue III" on it and the Shenmue logo.

Will a physical copy of the game be available to purchase for non-backers, or is it exclusive to kickstarter?

Physical copies coming to stores is "unconfirmed' at this point. But I wouldn't doubt it.

Woah can't believe we're ~140K away from breaking Bloodstained's record. Revert back through this thread and around the time we stalled around the 3.5 million mark everyone was saying surpassing Bloodstained would be impossible. The record will be smashed in a matter of hours. This has truly been a super energetic, exciting and amazing campaign. I'll be so relieved when it's over so I can stop obsessing over Shenmue's Kickstarter page, lol.

Also of note is that the new header image on the Kickstarter page has the old school Dreamcast era model for Ryo and the updated render of Shenhua. Looks like they're finally taking on-board the criticism of the in-game models; Ryo in particular.

Lovely thank you message from Yu too. Heart warming really. So glad the man is back in the limelight and making his and everyone else's dreams come true.

Holy shit! I checked before bed and we're at 5.4 million! Have we really raised a third to half a million dollars on the second to last day? Nice! My credit card is ready for that three hundo pledge.

Spoo

I'm ashamed GAF :\ I had to lower my pledge a bit cuz money is a bit tight this month :( Went with a PS4 physical copy instead.

Shy

I'm quite happy that i'm having to eat crow, because i never thought we'd even get to 4, let alone 5.5 mill.
I'm ashamed GAF :\ I had to lower my pledge a bit cuz money is a bit tight this month :( Went with a PS4 physical copy instead.
You haven't nothing to be ashamed of, you take care of money problems first.

KageMaru

I still cannot believe we are actually talking about Shenmue 3 and getting Shenmue 3.

I still can't believe it.

Every single time I come to this thread... amazing.

Yup, this whole experience has been unreal. Makes all those years of holding onto hope worth it. That last video from Yu really touched me, and I'm sure all of us here, because you can tell he's been waiting all these years to make our dreams come true. It's finally happening, we're finally getting Shenmue 3!!!!!!

Just upped my PC physical version to the $80 pledge and added a physical ps4 version so I will have both. I'd rather have 2 copies than the $160 tier.

Woah can't believe we're ~140K away from breaking Bloodstained's record. Revert back through this thread and around the time we stalled around the 3.5 million mark everyone was saying surpassing Bloodstained would be impossible. The record will be smashed in a matter of hours. This has truly been a super energetic, exciting and amazing campaign. I'll be so relieved when it's over so I can stop obsessing over Shenmue's Kickstarter page, lol.

Also of note is that the new header image on the Kickstarter page has the old school Dreamcast era model for Ryo and the updated render of Shenhua. Looks like they're finally taking on-board the criticism of the in-game models; Ryo in particular.

Lovely thank you message from Yu too. Heart warming really. So glad the man is back in the limelight and making his and everyone else's dreams come true.

Not surpassing Bloodstained was impossible and shameful. To be honest, I always had really high expectations for Shenmue 3. 10 was the bare minimum I imagined possible with a good campain. Aiming at 15m.

Redtale

Neo Member
I finally got a chance to run the numbers.

Stats for July 16:

$5,386,020 total
60,166 backers

$304,278 earned today
3,124 new backers

Backer change per tier:

If I skip a tier it's because there was no change.

$5 tier, +62
$29 tier, +473
$60 (PC), +139
$60 (PS4), +1444
$80 tier, +268
$100 tier, +222
$120 tier, +54
$160 tier, +41
$175 tier, +136
$250 tier, +81
$300 tier, +135
$500 tier, -5
$600 tier, +20
$700 tier, +12
$800 tier, +4
$1000 (Grab Bag), -1
$1000 (Message), +2
$1200 (Temple), -1
$1200 (Chibi), +5
$1400 tier, +6
$1800 (BFF), +1
$2500 tier, +3
$3000 tier, -1
$10000 (Monaco), +1

openrob

Not going to donate because I don't care about the series but I hope y'all get a product you like. :)

Thanks man! A lot of people have been so supportive, and we are within hours of reaching the most funded video game on Kickstarter ever!

Could I ask that anyone not pledging share the link, especially once it hits 5.6M?
Sorry if it's too much to ask.

GavinGT

Banned
Do you guys think that we will be able to reach the battle goals?

I still think we have a 50-50 chance of hitting $6 milion. It's gonna be close either way.

The way I see it, we'll keep doing about $16k per hour for the next 5 hours or so. Then things will start picking up, and as long as we do 35k per hour after that we get to 6m.

Furoba

Added another $20 to compensate for the USD/EUR exchange rate, so I actually pledged 800 EUR.
Closing in on 5450K...I hope it will pick up even more during the last few hours.

Loudninja

$39 Digital Upgrade & Collector’s Shenmue Character Busts
SAVE SHENMUE DIGITAL UPGRADE - $39 Kickstarter exclusive Shenmue III wallpaper set. The wallpapers will feature the Real Deal Ryo & Sure as Sugar Shenhua - the perfect models of our heroes as they were always imagined to be! + Your name on the official Shenmue III website. Includes the $29 Reward.

Only backers pledging at the $100 tier or above will have their name credited in the game.
This reward will be included in all higher rewards.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1296648

GavinGT

Banned
Here I thought they finally introduced the digital add-on and it's a fucking wallpaper set. Screw it, I'll make a second account.

Mugen08

Well... I'm a PC backer and I'm in the 300 dollars pledge. :p
The physical 60 dollars tier represent like 25% of the total backers number, which doesnt draw the whole picture imo.

Yay, I'm also in the PC- and $300+ -club! Agree with you, but just saying digital is standard on PC now a days. Of course there are PC-gamers among all tiers that are not PS4 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom