• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

When they're this close to 6 million, even if the final total doesn't quite make it (due to cancelled donations or whatever), they're obviously still going to do the stretch goal. Arbitrarily set goals aside, even by the internal logic, they'd basically have to to invest the 800k+ they got over the previous stretch goal.

DavidDesu

I know they've said the money raised is all the money they will be getting to fund the game, but is there any chance at all that Sony could chime in with an announcement of an additional bump up to the 10 million?

I don't see how it would be all that controversial, sure they could have just funded the game anyway but it was such an unknown quantity I don't blame them for waiting to see how well, or not, the Kickstarter would do. But now it's a success, the game is getting made and Sony are involved with some marketing help etc, surely it would be nothing but a positive for everyone if Sony just added another 3-4 million at the end. Imagine the goodwill it would engender, and not just amongst the fans but in the wider gaming news. Help promote Shenmue further still and hopefully get more people interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom