• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3 on Xbox One ?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

SHENMUE3_BON_COMMANDE.jpg

Since it’s announcement in 2015, Shenmue 3 has always been presented as a PS4 exclusive. The new game by creator Yu Suzuki will be available on the 19th of November, on both PS4 and PC, but not on Microsoft’s console. That being said, since a few months ago, rumors have been going around concerning an Xbox One version, reinforced by the com mistakes of the developper, as much has the publisher, Deep Silver. Today, new evidence has reached us, that makes us believe that an Xbox One version of Shenmue 3 may well be just around the corner.

We have managed to get hold of a document coming directly from a videogames wholesaler. This document is an authentic bill, addressed to a game shop. And what do we discover on it ? The reference for Shenmue 3 on Xbox One !

In the case of classic distribution, these references are solely created if the publisher has transmitted official information. If many games can appear on several listings, awaiting an official announcement, they are never accompanied by a reference. This means that, like an Amazon listing, official info and details on Shenmue 3 were transmitted in order to create the file. In our specific case, we can also see that the price has been fixed, different from the PS4 one.

In conclusion, if this document is to be believed, the release of Shenmue 3 on Xbox One is near. We have contacted Koch Media for further information, but strongly denies that any release is in the pipes. Could this be a mistake from the wholesaler ? We should know more in the near future. Let’s wait a little longer before we start to party over it.

mejin

Since it’s announcement in 2015, Shenmue 3 has always been presented as a PS4 exclusive.

False.

I know its dumb, but I've always used micorosoft consoles as surrogates for the missing sega consoles that would have been after dreamcast.

Give me all the sega for xbox, yes please.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
That's obviously either a mistake or a fake. Even if the game was to come to Xbox One, it certainly won't be now or shortly, and that shows orders made NOW (actually five days ago).

It's absolutely ridiculous and only someone who has no idea of what they're talking about would believe it. Which doesn't surprise me at all from a fanboy website of a specific console. Those tend not to be too bright.

The funniest part is that they call that piece of paper "evidence in our hands." Evidence doesn't mean what you think it means, buddy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom