• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue I & II HD Announced [PS4/X1/Steam] 2018

celsowmbr

Banned

Price:

The physical and digital releases are priced at $29.99.

source: http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/...mastered-coming-to-consoles-and-pc&GroupKeys=

Key features

1. The best Shenmue experience
  2. Pioneering Dreamcast classics available for the first time on PC
  3. Updated user interface
  4. Choice of modern or classic controls
  5. Japanese audio available for the first time for a global audience
  6. Fully scalable screen resolutions
An epic legend
- A tale of revenge on a grand scale
- Solve the mystery of your father’s murder
- An experience never to be forgotten

The world feels alive
- Talk to anyone, scour the world for clues
- NPCs live independent lives on their own schedule
- Faithful recreations of 1980s Japan and Hong Kong, China
- Distract yourself with arcade games, collectibles, duck racing, and more

steam link:

box arts:

Emulation or not?

“We can finally reveal that the d3t team have been resurrecting Shenmue from the original source code written over 20 years ago! We are bringing Shenmue and Shenmue II to modern platforms: Playstation4, Xbox One and PC. It's been a journey of discovery, delving into the original code, also an honour and a privilege to work on such high-profile titles, delivering this classic franchise to new platforms and new audiences.”

source: https://www.facebook.com/d3tLtd/pho...278773489657/2371627069521473/?type=3&theater

PRE-ORDER:

Playstation 4 (amazon)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CHX8BKJ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Xbox One (amazon)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CKMHJRB/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Last edited:

kunonabi

Great news. I'll probably stick with the DC games for my replays but I'll grab this to support the series for sure.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
That's awesome. It sure took them long enough. After announcing a 3rd game; it was inevitable. Eventually we'd see this happen. I'm glad it did.

Babbages use to have a print out of information for Project Berkely (aka ShenMue). I had the original imported from GameCave and IGN had a FAQ with translations back on dc.ign.com. Those were the days. I paid some shop $50 to install a switch, that way I could do the swap trick and play imported Dreamcast games.

Last edited:
Holy fucking balls this is going to be so GOOD.

Shenmue I & II, Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 and 2 and Yakuza 6. All in the same console. Life's beautiful.

Leonidas

Excellent news :p

Wonder if they'll use the enhanced Xbox version of Shenmue ll or the Dreamcast original...

Last edited:

KINGMOKU

Sounds great(I still have my original copy)but I have to ask;

Who's the dumbass at Sega who decided not to put this on Switch? Only games I play on my Xbox anymore is pubg, siege and rocket league(online friends) This type of game I absolutely would have purchased on the Switch.

Maybe on my ps4(Switch anywhere I want/main T.V. ps4 main t.v. Xbox computer monitor in office)

Any chance they wise up and a switch version comes/Nintendo is announcing it later?

Not so much a port beg but trying to figure out third parties Assinine decisions lately.

GrayFoxRJ

Banned
And we had a new Virtual on last month. We are going to get Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Shining Resonance Re:frain in the next months

New Sakura Wars and Shenmue in the next years.... SEGA is on 🔥

Pretty cool, never got to play the first one.
Now for that Skies of Arcadia HD....I saw SoA on the list you were showing Sega. I know you know that we like it Sega. Give it to us Sega. Don't be a dick Sega. HD up Arcadia Sega. I'll bite one of your employees nipples off Sega.

Last edited:

GrayFoxRJ

Banned
Pretty cool, never got to paly the first one.
Now for that Skies of Arcadia HD....I saw SoA it on the list you were showing Sega. I know you know that we like it Sega. Give it to us Sega. Don't be a dick Sega. HD up Arcadia Sega. I'll bite one of your employees nipples off Sega.

Give'em time. Maybe even a new game is on horizon within the next 5 years and we don't know.

Wow Xbox as well. I'm really looking forward to see how they change controls nd all. I didn't like Shenmue games but will try if it's modernised properly

Also, This makes me believe that Shenmue 3 exclusivity deal is timed but yet again no one is questioning Sony over it.

Last edited:

CD'S BAR

We survived as a species long enough to finally see this happen. Congratulations everyone.

Last edited:

MicTyson

Neo Member
Nice to finally get these but this almost certainly means another delay of 3. The remakes are rumored to come out in late 2018.

bosnianpie

Very cool to finally be able to play these games, have been listening for almost two decades about how good Shenmue is. I just hope they've aged well, since there are a bunch of us who doesn't have nostalgia to lean on if the games feel obsolete.

YEEEESSSS!!!! I've been waiting for this for a while!

In some ways it was the worst kept secret in gaming that these were in development in some form. The spectre of current SEGA's incompetence was always lingering over the idea that made us second guess it in a "Hmmm maybe they decided not to do it..." way.

Really glad to see this finally officially announced: Day 1 purchase.

Swizzle

Gold Member
Wow Xbox as well. I'm really looking forward to see how they change controls nd all. I didn't like Shenmue games but will try if it's modernised properly

Also, This makes me believe that Shenmue 3 exclusivity deal is timed but yet again no one is questioning Sony over it.

I am not surprised Sony is being completely and I think sometimes intentionally misunderstood. When they presented the game they very very clearly stated that the game was YsNet’s own and not Sony and that Sony was not financing it nor owning it... (marketing help/deals are signed of timed exclusives... and Sony did reach to him directly when others were ignoring him)... and for the nasty vicious crime of giving Shenmue III’s Kickstarter the E3 spotlight the rewards were months of professional game bloggers and gamers on forums spreading F.U.D. on the game, how Kickstarter may be a scam, how Sony was really going to pay for it all no matter the funding on Kickstarter “please stop financing it guys, it is a waste...”, etc...

Swizzle

Gold Member
Sounds great(I still have my original copy)but I have to ask;

Who's the dumbass at Sega who decided not to put this on Switch? Only games I play on my Xbox anymore is pubg, siege and rocket league(online friends) This type of game I absolutely would have purchased on the Switch.

Maybe on my ps4(Switch anywhere I want/main T.V. ps4 main t.v. Xbox computer monitor in office)

Any chance they wise up and a switch version comes/Nintendo is announcing it later?

Not so much a port beg but trying to figure out third parties Assinine decisions lately.

Shenmue III is possibly never making it on Switch or this current Switch iteration possibly and that may be factored in their decisions.

Last edited:

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
Noooooooo, I was hoping they were going to announce another one of those really poor Sonic games that everybody ends up hating.

I'm joking, this is good news even though there's no chance in hell of OutRun being included. :(

Fbh

Nice, I have to say I'm surprised. I was 100% sure they would just announce another Sonic game

I only remember playing a few hours of Shenmue 2 many years ago and not really liking it. But it was a long time ago and my taste has definitely changed since then so this is a perfect chance to give the franchise a second chance

Last edited:

The Shepard

Cool. Anyone know if shenmue 3 has an option for the Japanese voices? If so I'll play all 3 that way, loved playing yakuza in native language.

I like that there modernising the controls because then tank controls of the late 90's would put alot of people off, I remember them not feeling all that good back then even though loved them both. Played second on xbox.

I always thought the yakuza team would make a good shenmue game.

Swizzle

Gold Member
Noooooooo, I was hoping they were going to announce another one of those really poor Sonic games that everybody ends up hating.

I'm joking, this is good news even though there's no chance in hell of OutRun being included. :(

That is indeed bad :/... would miss the arcade games... I hope they bring them in.

Andyliini

I might have been mildly interested if there was a Switch-version as well. Now I'm not interested at all. I think I tried the one game on Xbox, but only briefly. Oh well, not that I have any shortages for new games anyway.

Thought this would be a kick ass remaster of both parts, looks outdated as @$!#% ..nah, re-release on OG Xbox looks like was enough for me then, never finished S2.

Jarbloko

good for shenmue fans.
i hope for a sonic adventure 1 and 2 remake.
that makes sense, in case SEGA have plans for a posible sonic adventure 3 on the future.

Top Bottom