• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue III – The 1st Teaser | PS4

celsowmbr

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UweI4Ra2QbM

The first teaser of Shenmue III is built from a small slice of an in-development build of the game, and it delivers small peeks in new look of main characters, new characters, and feels of Shenmue world.

DHxy65uXoAQQXpt.jpg

J7qbO8d.jpg

9YVGaq9.jpg

G8auAht.png

EDIT: (playstation blog)

36584934811_499f277bbc_h.jpg

36328346440_d186aca0d0_h.jpg

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/21/shenmue-iii-the-first-teaser/

Cubas

Is it just me or the lighting looks straight out of one those "Ocarina of Time remade in Unreal Engine 4" videos? Something looks very off.

TimmiT

I want to say this looks like a PS2 game but with modern lighting and stuff, but I'm pretty sure that characters were more expressive than this in the original Shenmue.

Of course this is an early demo but still, this doesn't look that good.

Aki-at

The enviromental art is fantastic, I'd love to explore those areas.

The characters themselves though... They look pretty bad.

SMG

Really good in spots. The animation is a little emotionless and floaty but the environments are already were I'd want them.

LordKano

I never laughed so much at a trailer.
Those faces, these animations, it's almost like they made it looks ridiculously awful on purpose.

Otherwise I liked the lighting.

The animation (action, faces) is a bit stiff but the environments are gorgeous. I'm sure they'll work on that since the game's still a year+ off.

ianpm31

"The first teaser of Shenmue III is built from a small slice of an in-development build of the game, and it delivers small peeks in new look of main characters, new characters, and feels of Shenmue world. "

Obviously the facial expressions will be improved upon

IrishNinja

so, so good

i love the detail we're seeing here, and ive loved that song for what feels like decades now

facial stuff isn't on point yet but every build they show, it's getting better. i'm confident suzuki will have greatness by the time it launches, the man's an industry icon

Toni

The faces look static and expect the next 7 pages to be all about this.

But its still deep in development and could easily be rectified.

The environments, however, looked gorgeus.

I can see myself playing the heck out of this.

TrojanAg

Facial animations need work but otherwise looks awesome! Still over a year to go so I'm not worried about it...yet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They need to fix the faces

Jesus Christ

Seik

Banned
Honestly at this point I wouldn't even care about DC graphics, I still barely believe this game is happening, so I won't get nitpicky, bring it on!

kunonabi

Animation and lightning are pretty rough at this stage and well Ryo and Shenhua have certainly seen better days. Still excited despite the jank.

Animation is a bit too stiff and Ryo's face looks dead but not too bad for the first look at a kickstarter game of this scope. I'm not a Shenmue fan but I'm very curious about this whole thing and I hope it pans out.

bryanee

My eyes aren't getting misty.....

The lighting on the faces looks off but plenty of time to sort that. Everything else is fucking beautiful.

Top Bottom