• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shifting World for 3DS [Aksys/Armor Games]

Lock if old!

-Action puzzler from Armor Games
- Reach the goal by running, jumping and hitting switches
- Hit the shift button to turn the world upside-down and make all black areas white
- 60 levels
- Teleporters, low gravity, exploding barriers and more
- Shift between 2D and 3D
- Entirely in Black and White

From Nintendo Power Via the banned site

ninj4junpei said:

Sqorgar said:
The original idea came from my website. If you think that's cool, there's over 130 more ideas to blow your mind.

(I have to pimp my site because nobody will give me credit on their own

Looking pretty interesting from the scans out in the wild...

Edit...stupid fingers. Could a mod edit to say Aksys?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, I second the Echochrome mention. That's what it looks like to me. Might do some cool stuff with 3D.

Games taking advantage of the hardware are always needed. I wonder if it's cart-based or for eShop, though.

frequency

Maybe I suck at internet. But I can only find like 2 really blurry shots on this. Is there something else people are looking at?

frequency

I am a bit more excited after playing some of the flash game. It depends on how full an experience they can make it, but the general idea is cool. It would be interesting if they can utilize the 3D for the shifting thing.

Oh so it is based on Shift.

Sounds interesting. I'm sure it could be expanded to a really awesome full game. Maybe something similar to VVVVVV.

I can imagine the bosses...

Edit: Just because an awesome game concept is shown in a simple, short, free game doesn't mean it can't become a full experience. Think of Narbacular Drop -> Portal -> Portal 2.

Mista Koo

Nice, I liked Shift since the first one.
It could work as a retail, they have 4+ games to take levels from, with a level builder too. Add sharing and a couple more modes and you're done. But then again how well did N+ sell on handhelds?

I'd love to see what they can do with the visuals, for a simplistic game with only two colors and one moving object they can do some amazing visual effects.

Ok, that was pretty awesome. Is there a way to get the trophy in the last level if you shift before you fall into the pit or something? It's lame that they didn't let you retry the last level after the spikes kill you.
I don't remember, but probably not as it is a reference to
Portal
BTW there are 3 sequels if you want more.

mclem

Ok, that was pretty awesome. Is there a way to get the trophy in the last level if you shift before you fall into the pit or something?
It's been a while, but I *think* you can't shift in that one.

It's lame that they didn't let you retry the last level after the spikes kill you.

There's a Shift 2. It starts there and continues.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Retail, really??

Its like they want it to flop. Im hopin for the best - but developers should really start to embrace the digital market on handhelds. It will be hard to to compete against titles like Mario 3D Land or Resident Evil Revelations at retail - why not release quality titles on the eShop, just like they do on PSN/XBLA ?

mclem

I'm curious to see if it's better than the Shift series. One problem I had with the Flash games is that - once you'd got past the base concept being pretty mindbending, the actual puzzles were very, very simple - basically various forms of figuring out what opened up after each move, then getting there.

A few more components and mechanics other than the shifting one would make a world of difference.

1-D_FTW

Like that some people were optimistic it would be DD (early in the thread). It's always retail with the 3DS. Always.

Like that some people were optimistic it would be DD (early in the thread). It's always retail with the 3DS. Always.

In which case, the question is whether it's publishers' fault for being oblivious to market realities, or Nintendo's fault for not doing enough to make the eShop an attractive platform. Or both.

Sqorgar

Banned
Joke or did they really take your idea?
No joke. The idea originally came from my website (it's an idea which predates the site by years, which is why it is idea #001). The ideas are free for anyone to use and they are welcome to it. I just like to point out that, if people are interested, there's plenty more where that came from that are just as interesting, if not more so.

Holy shit...some of these ideas are genius. Do you actually make games?
Just an enthusiast.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Just an enthusiast.

You have some really incredible stuff there. I love all of the stuff based off of modular card-based design...in fact looking at those just now has pushed me back into learning game programming.

EDIT: I don't know how much of a computer-science/programmer person you are, but I can already see the mechanical structures I would need to implement to make something based on one of your "card" designs, and now I really want to try it.

The original idea came from my website. If you think that's cool, there's over 130 more ideas to blow your mind.

(I have to pimp my site because nobody will give me credit on their own).

Wait, you're that guy? Awesome! I've always loved the ideas and the accompanying illustrations.

I almost posted your idea in this thread since the game's concept very obviously came from it.

Didn't you take your site down at one point for some reason? I remember not being able to find it and being kind of sad. Maybe I'm thinking of another game idea site.

ShinNL

No joke. The idea originally came from my website (it's an idea which predates the site by years, which is why it is idea #001). The ideas are free for anyone to use and they are welcome to it. I just like to point out that, if people are interested, there's plenty more where that came from that are just as interesting, if not more so.

Just an enthusiast.
I hope you're getting some goodwill compensation, there's some super interesting stuff on that site :O

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Just an enthusiast.

:applause:

Top Bottom