• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shigeru Miyamoto Reportedly Spotted at Universal Studios Florida with Film Crew

From two different sources, albeit both from Reddit (via: Nintendo Flow)

A couple of days ago I was in universal and I was surprised to see that miyamoto was there. He was filming in front of the universal ball and there where no pictures allowed. I know that they are making Nintendo rides there, but if he is in America maybe a reveal is really close then.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/5769yx/miyamoto_in_orlando/

So we were leaving Universal today around 2pm, and spotted a filming crew with Miyamoto next to the big Universal ball! So cool! They had the area blocked off by security and no photos were allowed, but you could still see him really well. Makes me wonder in the Nintendo area planned for Universal Japan may be coming to Florida too!
https://m.reddit.com/r/universalstu...oto_of_nintendo_spotted_at_universal_orlando/

If they're to be believed, is Nintendo possibly preparing an announcement of Nintendo Land coming to USF? Unfortunately there's no evidence to back this up aside from these two reports, so it could be a hoax. Though it would be an unusual thing to make up, particularly as the posts are several days apart.

Neiteio

Wait, I thought Nintendo Land coming to Universal Studios Florida was already a done deal?

I was planning to move there and live in the bushes despite the killer alligators and flying cockroaches and college kid cannibals and police officers who shoot everyone.

NX to be a rollercoaster confirmed
We've heard bits and pieces about this over the last few months, no?

The original press release was made in association with USF, but it wasn't confirmed which parks it was officially going to until a few months ago when Universal Studios Japan was confirmed as one location. As far as I know, neither Florida nor Hollywood have been confirmed.

As long as he keeps his hands away from making games, I'm okay with that. Keep making things for this amusement park Miyamoto.

gnexus

wizard05.jpg

The Wizard 2

I think that was Universal Osaka.

Nintendo has only been specifically announced for Osaka, and that was only because of the Olympics being held there in a few years. The original press release stated that Nintendo will be generally coming to "Universal Parks and Resorts". No fucking way in a million years it doesn't come to Orlando - it's their flagship resort.

NX Division

It's not about hardware limits, it's about no limits

liquidtmd

Banned
Miyamoto out and about, mobile if you will. Miyamoto is projecting his values. Miyamoto represents Nintendo values. ZOMG NX IS PORTABLE MOBILE AND A PROJECTOR CONFIRMED, LOOK AT THE TREES MAN LOOK AT THE TREEEEES

Neiteio

Nintendo has only been specifically announced for Osaka, and that was only because of the Olympics being held there in a few years. The original press release stated that Nintendo will be generally coming to "Universal Parks and Resorts". No fucking way in a million years it doesn't come to Orlando - it's their flagship resort.
You and me are gonna be there Day One, sliiiiiiiiiiiiding into the queues

Rumors have been going around for a while that there will be an official announcement for Osaka by the end of the year, so filming now makes sense. It'll also serve as a tease for Orlando/Hollywood, as the majority of each of the Nintendolands will likely be the same (similar to Hogsmeade at the various parks).

3O7EcOL.gif

javadoze

USB drive with the NX reveal direct is lost in the theme park and Miyamoto and his crew are there to search it out.

Weetrick

There's not as much room, but I really hope whatever Nintendo is doing also ends up at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Point of advice, when the day arrives, get yourself some Express passes.

200px-Universal_Express_Pass_logo.svg.png

They grant you access to an alternative queue line that has a whole lot less people in it usually. My parents and I went to Universal Orlando last December and getting into every ride was a breeze with it.

That is, unless for some reason Universal doesn't have Express lines for their Nintendo stuff. A lot of the Harry Potter attractions still don't have them so we actually had to wait for those.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This should need to be confirmed more properly, somehow. If true, it could well be for a video about the upcoming Nintendo areas in Universal Studios parks (you know, a presentation of the projects, what Nintendo and Universal are aiming for, etc. ) or a segment for an NX-specific Digital Event / Direct.

It could be for Super Mario Run as well, let's not forget about it :p

Point of advice, when the day arrives, get yourself some Express passes.

200px-Universal_Express_Pass_logo.svg.png

They grant you access to an alternative queue line that has a whole lot less people in it usually. My parents and I went to Universal Orlando last December and getting into every ride was a breeze with it.

That is, unless for some reason Universal doesn't have Express lines for their Nintendo stuff. A lot of the Harry Potter attractions still don't have them so we actually had to wait for those.

Express is amazing, and basically cheating. An amazing perk of staying at the onsite hotels (hella expensive to purchase separately, though). Walking straight onto Spider-Man when it's 45 minutes for standby >>>

It'd be cool if we got a "Future of Nintendo" Direct that reveals the NX and also goes into other things Nintendo has in store like their universal deal and maybe stuff like movies or anime or the like for Nintendo IP

Neiteio

I'm so hyped for this I maintain a Word document where I write down all of my dorky ideas for rides and attractions

All of my Metal Gear Solid skills will be put to good use when I sneak around the park after hours

maxcriden

Hope to be there day one, edging out Neiteio (who will be distracted looking for colorful darkness outside the Boo House ride) in line but letting Xtortionist go in front due to their mad DK skills.

Hope to be there day one, edging out Neiteio (who will be distracted looking for colorful darkness outside the Boo House ride) in line but letting Xtortionist go in front due to their mad DK skills.

Rumors have hinted at a possible DK mine cart coaster alongside an epic-scale Mario Kart attraction.

Rainbows will be jizzed.

maxcriden

I'm so hyped for this I maintain a Word document where I write down all of my dorky ideas for rides and attractions

All of my Metal Gear Solid skills will be put to good use when I sneak around the park after hours

Please send that to my inbox

Rumors have hinted at a possible DK mine cart coaster alongside an epic-scale Mario Kart attraction.

Rainbows will be jizzed.

Please do not send that to my inbox

(I hadn't heard those rumors I don't think...if I did I'd forgotten them...both those rides sound incredible!!)

javadoze

It'd be cool if we got a "Future of Nintendo" Direct that reveals the NX and also goes into other things Nintendo has in store like their universal deal and maybe stuff like movies or anime or the like for Nintendo IP

This actually sounds like a promising idea for a Direct. This year being something of an "off year" for Nintendo, them doing a "reboot Direct" of sorts doesn't sound that off the mark.

maxcriden

Wouldn't a Nintendoland ride just be 30 minutes of Monita lecturing you?

Other video game characters would be thrilled to have half Monica's style.

But yes, that's confirmed to be one of the attractions. On the bright side, at the end you play Plinko at the top of a tower, and if you do well, magical Nintendo statues will shoot out from the tower, wrapped in [?] Blocks.

If it is for the Nintendo Direct, then they will edit it over the weekend and have it ready for next week. I am certain we will get a Direct for the 20th.

Top Bottom