• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei 25th anniversary project site opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

http://shin-megamitensei.jp/

C1yvmn-UAAA1tR4.png:orig

nikos

Saw someone playing one of the SMT games on the train the other day. Was thinking about picking one up, but I wasn't sure where to start. Guess I should wait to see what this is about.

Now that Persona 5 completed the 3D Demon models, we're ready for another swarm of SMT titles. Get ready folks, Atlus is gonna take us on wild rides all over again.

Spierek

Saw someone playing one of the SMT games on the train the other day. Was thinking about picking one up, but I wasn't sure where to start. Guess I should wait to see what this is about.

IV is a good place to start, at least in my opinion.

Battlechili

Banned
inb4 Persona 4: The New Golden Animation Ultimax (with Dante from the Devil May Cry Series)

Legit though, I could totally do with some Switch and/or PC announcements, but I'm not holding my breath considering Hardin's recent statements. Also RAIDOU 3

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I hope SMTV for PS4 and/or Switch isnt too far away. Remaster for SMT3 while we wait on V would be fine as well.

Shoeless

I hope they make another SMT game on Sony consoles. I really enjoyed Nocturne as well as the spin offs like Digital Devil Saga and Raidou Kuzunoha games on the PS2.

Thoraxes

I've super excited to see what they do next. Going through SMT IV: Apocalypse right now, I feel like i'm definitely game for wherever they take the series next, because it's quite good. Wherever this ends up, i'll be there.

Maybe put those new demon assets to work? :D

inb4 Persona 4: The New Golden Animation Ultimax (with Dante from the Devil May Cry Series)

You're joking, but let's be real: P4 is old hat. P5 is the one that's gonna get all the spin-offs now.

Also, they've gotta put all those assets they created for P5 to use again. We're probably gonna see SMT's return to consoles...hopefully.

Aeana

Legit though, I could totally do with some Switch and/or PC announcements, but I'm not holding my breath considering Hardin's recent statements. Also RAIDOU 3

This is explicitly about Shin Megami Tensei, not Persona.

If they release SMT V on Switch Im buying that thing day one to play it

It's probably going to be on Switch/PS4. I don't think Atlus are going to totally abandon Nintendo after nearly 10 years of SMT games coming to Nintendo handhelds. They know they have an audience on those systems.

This is exciting!

I still need to beat SMT4A, though, which I feel bad about. It's just hard lately to devote time to my 3DS.

It's probably going to be on Switch/PS4. I don't think Atlus are going to totally abandon Nintendo after nearly 10 years of SMT games coming to Nintendo handhelds. They know they have an audience on those systems.

Yeah, they'll be stupid to abandon Nintendo, especially when most Japanese 3rd party games outside of AAA ones haven't exactly been making a big splash in sales on PS4.

Yeah, they'll be stupid to abandon Nintendo, especially when most Japanese 3rd party games outside of AAA ones haven't been exactly making a big splash in sales on PS4.

Well, I'm not sure they'd be much better on Switch as well, the Squeeze on Japanese games is pretty much universal as far as I know, SMT is just a lucky franchise that got a big wind with SMT4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom