• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) - Famitsu details (SMT Kamen Rider, no Meguro, no Kaneko)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Some pretty interesting stuff in the SMT4 scans from Famitsu this week:

- Characters are designed by Doi, as expected, meh
- Meguro is not doing the soundtrack, Ryota Kozuka (???) is
- No Kaneko
- New demons are all designed by designers from various Kamen Rider and other similar type of Japanese live action stuff
- Main character isn't voiced! Yay
- Some of the battle graphics do look very much improved from Strange Journey, but it's still weird
- I think I see something that looks like a world map, but it might look like some sort of location selector like in SJ too.... not sure
- The story is set in some post-Tokyo-fucked-up-bigtime future, where Tokyo as we know it has fallen into darkness and the demon invasion is spreading
- The main characters are "Samurai" from Mikado of the East, a country where the Samurai wear gauntlets equipped with the Demon Summoning Program to fight demons

Zeranium

- No Kaneko
- New demons are all designed by designers from various Kamen Rider and other similar type of Japanese live action stuff
No Kaneko.... :(
And that explains the funky looking demons in the scans earlier today.
Not really feeling the handful of designs shown.

Trigger

- No Kaneko

- Some of the battle graphics do look very much improved from Strange Journey, but it's still weird
- I think I see something that looks like a world map, but it might look like some sort of location selector like in SJ too.... not sure

Awful, awful, awful.

Day 1 still

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
So we got Trauma Team staff instead of Kaneko and Meguro? I don't hate them but this is SMTIV so I'm very disappointed. :(

Probably P5. But the question is what Kaneko is doing. What if he really left Atlus. Lol. :(

End of an era if he did.

Gattsu25

Banned

- No Kaneko
- The story is set in some post-Tokyo-fucked-up-bigtime future, where Tokyo as we know it has fallen into darkness and the demon invasion is spreading
- The main characters are "Samurai" from Mikado of the East, a country where the Samurai wear gauntlets equipped with the Demon Summoning Program to fight demons
I miss Kaneko, already

Probably P5. But the question is what Kaneko is doing. What if he really left Atlus. Lol. :(

Yeah, that's a real bummer. I haven't played Lucifer's Call yet (don't kill me) but his designs in that game are ridiculously good. That said, SMTIV's trailer have definitely intrigued me with their look, so it's all gravy.

duckroll

So we got Trauma Team staff instead of Kaneko and Meguro? I don't hate them but this is SMTIV so I'm very disappointed. :(

Maybe after the Trauma series got shitcanned for pathetic sales, the staff had to work on something big next to earn their keep?

Aeana

End of an era if he did.

Well, it's your guys' fault that they aren't working on a new Trauma game, so suck it up!

Aeana

That's an old school design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXi7uBoVfc

I subbed the trailer, by the by. (Assuming Atlus doesn't pull it...)

I really like where the story is going.

Weird, I figured the composer was the guy who did Nocturne's side BGMs. Intriguing.

I assume he's talking about the actual Jack Frosts in front of him, along with the Frost Ace. Not the pile of them that's in the traditional design.

No Kaneko?
No Shoji?

Lol @ this game

Anyone think kaneko/meguro are hard at work on persona 5?

I'm sure Meguro is, but I highly doubt Kaneko is.

duckroll

That's an old school design.

Nah, the designs are the same but the battle itself is what's really cool. King Frost is way at the back, and there are two rows of Jack Frosts in front of him, and a Frost Ace at the front. The row system could make the gameplay really interesting.

If the main character is still silent why can't we choose their gender? *grumbles*

What is Kaneko up to, I have to wonder. SMTV for Wii U? :D

cj_iwakura

No Kaneko?
No Shoji?

Lol @ this game

Anyone think kaneko/meguro are hard at work on persona 5?

Kaneko? No way. He's done with Persona.

It's anyone's guess what he's up to now. Only excuse would be Raidou 3, and I doubt he cares more about that than core SMT.

Nairume

Banned
I'm okay with the lack of Meguro, since SMT1 and 2 were fine without him.

No Kaneko is weird, but the character designs are still good so far.

Vamphuntr

- No Kaneko

No Kaneko and No Meguro :S I guess the Kamen Rider thing explains the green guy from the trailer. That huge new red demon in the scans looks to be designed by the same people as it doesn't seem to fit with Kaneko's style.

I'm still excited for this and I will be getting the game anyway but man this is quite a downer.

duckroll

No Kaneko and No Meguro :S I guess the Kamen Rider thing explains the green guy from the trailer. That huge new red demon in the scans looks to be designed by the same people as it doesn't seem to fit with Kaneko's style.

I'm still excited for this and I will be getting the game anyway but man this is quite a downer.

All the demons in the 2-page spread are designed by a different person, but they're all "that sort" of designer. The big red one is Asmodeus, and designed by Yasushi Nirasawa.

I love the girl's design.

Who is the fifth person?

His name is Navarre.

Ok. So I can understand if Kaneko doesn't want to do it, but what I don't get is why they didn't try to find a reasonable facsimile or, like, someone who is remotely competent to do those demon designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom