• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) US website launched

Jawmuncher

Since there wont be much talk about a website i'll just ask here.
Is there a list of all the SMT games that have been released in the US?

cj_iwakura

At first I was disappointed at the changes from the JP site(and no music :( ), but it is pretty slick.

And god are those some gorgeous backgrounds. I could rip some screens, but they're low res.

Just to discuss, here are the sales of the series in the US on PS2:

SMT: Devil Summoner - 43k
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 - 51k
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2 - 43k
SMT: Nocturne - 60k

These come from 2009 leaked NPD data.

Bonus - first week sales of Devil Survivor: 24,997 units

cj_iwakura

Wow, better than I expected for Raidou 1. I wonder how Raidou 2 did.

Aeana

At first I was disappointed at the changes from the JP site(and no music :( ), but it is pretty slick.

And god are those some gorgeous backgrounds. I could rip some screens, but they're low res.

The screens aren't low res, they're just scaled down by the flash. If you select zoom in you can see that they're higher resolution than the default display lets on.

at least this one doesn't take three minutes to load

for whatever reason, the wallpapers come packed with the teaser trailer, in case you wanted to download that instead of, i don't know, watching it on youtube.

Soriku

Amazon DLC costume is called Prime Armor. Awesome.

Wow, better than I expected for Raidou 1. I wonder how Raidou 2 did.

Probably worse since it came out late in the PS2's life :(

Bonus - first week sales of Devil Survivor: 24,997 units

24k for Devil Survivor first week is awesome. I hope SMT IV does better than Nocturne. It's doing pretty well on Amazon charts for a niche JRPG.

I kinda laughed at the character's very Westernized names. Navarre, Jonathan, Walter, Isabeau. Reminds me of back in the day anime where the characters lived in Japan, but had names like Johnny and Lisa.

cj_iwakura

I kinda laughed at the character's very Westernized names. Navarre, Jonathan, Walter, Isabeau. Reminds me of back in the day anime where the characters lived in Japan, but had names like Johnny and Lisa.

I don't think the Mikado are actually in Japan, but I could be wrong. It's the modern era stuff that's in Tokyo.

cj_iwakura

Here's the new screens.

znypVUT.jpg

V3w5JgN.jpg

KUvQdr3.jpg

UlTNVtc.jpg

6UhBNrh.jpg

FThRUoD.jpg

lSZ0ZxN.jpg

FEgyo3x.jpg

jKN3Pdv.jpg

8BAakul.jpg

Flynn for canon!

famfrit

Someone know the name of the background law deity demons from the cover art ?

SMTIV_Cover_Large.png

I know that the big red skull demon is Asmodai, dont know tha name of the other demons...

Anyway, the demons in the cover have some of the better design in the series ever!!!

Someone know the name of the background law deity demons from the cover art ?

I know that the big red skull demon is Asmodai, dont know tha name of the other demons...

Anyway, the demons in the cover have some of the better design in the series ever!!!

6UDt5Cb.jpg

A: Asmodeus
D: Koga Saburo
F: Raphael

The rest are currently unknown, but it's generally assumed that the Law side will be the forms of the Archangels.

Vamphuntr

I hate the art for the main character and most of the demon redesigns outside of Omoikane. What were they thinking :S

The rest is fine with me.

Seeing as how the same being is holding both the Law and Chaos heroes, it makes me wonder if the "neutral" path reveals a higher power manipulating both sides.

It'd be cool if, for once, you could actually SAVE both of your friends, rather than condemning one or both to death.

Top Bottom