• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Shin Megami Tensei IV official website will unveil something on its own timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2013
New game hinted?

The official Shin Megami Tensei IV Japanese website was updated today with a mysterious teaser.

The page now features a 15,000 Twitter tweet countdown until an “disaster” will occur. A giant question mark surrounded by cracks is featured in the center of the image.
Megidoladyne me if old

Tizoc

Jun 23, 2010
Oman
My guesses include-
it's an iPhone/iPad port
It's a port of the game to Wii U or NX
It's a port of the game to Steam and other consoles
It's some merch related thing

RyoonZ

Banned
Jan 12, 2013
Bo
Shin Megami Tensei V for NX
Damn NX has tons of JRPG before it was even announced, good job Nintendo!

Soriku

Aug 22, 2012
Related?

www.siliconera.com/2015/09/17/atlus-to-reveal-a-brand-new-title-sometime-very-soon/#WQZHmCjEQxzuGk6p.99

During Tokyo Game Show 2015, Sega and Atlus had a few words to share at the Sega Booth, where they presented the latest titles for fans to check out. Famitsu provides details from the event.

In addition to Persona 5, Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir, and the recently revealed 13 Sentinels, Atlus’ consumer software bureau director Naoto Hiraoka revealed “we’ll have a brand new title to announce very soon.”
SMTV please!!!

Neoxon

Jul 28, 2013
My guesses include-
it's an iPhone/iPad port
It's a port of the game to Wii U or NX
It's a port of the game to Steam and other consoles
It's some merch related thing
Shin Megami Tensei V for NX
Damn NX has tons of JRPG before it was even announced, good job Nintendo!
SMT V for Wii U or NX!

Probably DLC. Would not mind at all.
A bit too early to announce anything for the NX Platform, don't you think? Even with DQXI & DQX, Square-Enix immediately backed off from their NX talk.

ranmafan

Jun 7, 2004
Ohhhh how exciting! I'll keep my expectations low as always but would love to hear some exciting shin megami tensei news for sure!

Chacranajxy

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oct 13, 2008
Hmm... I wonder if there's significance to it appearing on the SMT IV website instead of somewhere else. As in, I'm leaning towards it being an enhanced port of the game.

Which I would totally be up for, actually.

Sep 10, 2013
If anything, calling your announcement a "disaster" is pretty funny.

I'm expecting an enhanced version of SMT IV ala P3Fes and P4G.

Soriku

Aug 22, 2012
Hmm... I wonder if there's significance to it appearing on the SMT IV website instead of somewhere else. As in, I'm leaning towards it being an enhanced port of the game.

Well does Team Maniax have any other avenues for sharing info (like the Persona team has their own Persona Twitter account)? SMT IV was their last game so it would make sense to post something on the SMT IV site, even if it's not related to SMT IV.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
Jan 27, 2014
Hope its a port of SMTIV to consoles cause I stopped playing it half way through and am now to lost to complete it.

Shizuka

May 28, 2014
Would they announce an enhanced version with the budget reprint coming out soon? I don't know, I'm not sure.

Hylian7

Mar 25, 2009
BE STILL MY BEATING HEART

Whether this is a port, remake, or portmake, I'm still glad SMT isn't dead!

Nov 16, 2007
I'd be happy with an enhanced version of Shin Megami Tensei IV, although a V announcement would be awesome, of course.

FluxWaveZ

Jul 24, 2012

Well does Team Maniax have any other avenues for sharing info? SMT IV was their last game so it would make sense to post something on the SMT IV Twitter, even if it's not related to SMT IV.
This is in conjunction with the upcoming release of Shin Megami Tensei IV Atlus Best Collection on October 8.

Sep 10, 2013
An enhanced port of SMT IV with a better map, less confusing Tokyo layout, tweaked neutral ending requirements and some extra stuff would be very welcome.

raven777

Jan 30, 2012
If anything, calling your announcement a "disaster" is pretty funny.

I'm expecting an enhanced version of SMT IV ala P3Fes and P4G.
Well, the term disaster fits well with the SMT universe...so I don't think it's anything weird to use the term.

Status
Not open for further replies.