• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Did my best to try and get the number off:
KdMecbY.png

One of my favorites.

EMZhgfR.png

Ok, I must sleep! Hope you all enjoy your avatars, and more importantly some lovely SMT deliciousness tomorrow!
Thanks! You two are on my awesome list.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Because I fail at any sort of image editing software, could someone avatarize/transparent-ize the White Rider for me? Thank you so much to whoever can.

Oh man, I desperately need a chibi demon avatar, but who to pick from that image? I'm leaning towards Thor, but I invite suggestions from the peanut gallery.

Also: since I managed to not follow this closely enough to tell: is the US bonus CD the same stuff as the Japanese pre-release disc?

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

bMPvj3S.jpg

Tirod

I thought that only first-party releases came out at midnight, and others came at the normal update time (I think 11 AM central time?).

Yup. Save your sanity and go to bed, or whatever else you may feel like.

Try again at 9 AM Pacific if you absolutely need to have it right away. I remember Etrian Odyssey IV being available for download beginning at that time.

JJD

I thought that only first-party releases came out at midnight, and others came at the normal update time (I think 11 AM central time?).

Really???

Wow...I thought it would be released at midnight...

Man...I stayed awake for nothing... =(

Eusis

Looking into the equivalent for magic wand for GIMP, and I do have worries that it won't be accurate enough on the demi-fiend, nevermind whatever I'd need to do to deal with the numbers.

suzu

Looking into the equivalent for magic wand for GIMP, and I do have worries that it won't be accurate enough on the demi-fiend, nevermind whatever I'd need to do to deal with the numbers.

I'll help you out in a minute!

PnoIYAd.png

Edit: Here you go!

Oh man, I desperately need a chibi demon avatar, but who to pick from that image? I'm leaning towards Thor, but I invite suggestions from the peanut gallery.

HCp97hc.png

Here is a transparent version if you want. :p

Edit: Nvm, you did it already!

Kyon

Banned
Just saw the new title. It's good to know the title reflects the reason this game is getting so much attention and why a lot of people are buying their first SMT. Persona it's power and impact

Ugh, why did this have to come out during the steam sale. I'm so poor ;-;

Hopefully copies are still readily available in a few days in unbutchered editions.

Soriku

Just saw the new title. It's good to know the title reflects the reason this game is getting so much attention and why a lot of people are buying their first SMT. Persona it's power and impact

More like, Dark Souls it's power and impact.

Hmmm interesting, so why is this game the Dark Souls of Persona? I'm guessing Dark souls refers to the dark dungeon crawling but Persona has that too.......I'm confused.

I guess we need to post this again.

Some of those quotes are out of context. The "poor paper cut-outs" was something Jeremy Parish said in his review, but it was a reference to JRPGs in general transitioning to portable platforms in general. And then there's this one:

"And yet, SMT IV lacks many of the elements that made Persona 3 so engrossing; it offers no social links with which to build relationships, no real-time calendar to propel the plot beyond your demon-capturing exploits underground. SMT IV looks great in action, and it grows more and more satisfying to play as you unlock additional features for your Gauntlet (the device that enables you to team up with the demons you encounter), but the minimal presentation and style still leave you with the impression that the series has at last fallen foul of the attrition that's sapped away the vibrance of so many other Japanese RPGs.

And then you get to Tokyo, and everything changes. "

Top Bottom