• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Wait, one of the reviews (forgot which) stated that you lost all of your demons upon starting a new game+? Does that mean there is no demon compendium?

Eusis

I'll help you out in a minute!

PnoIYAd.png

Edit: Here you go!
Awesome, thanks!

Wait, one of the reviews (forgot which) stated that you lost all of your demons upon starting a new game+? Does that mean there is no demon compendium?

there is a compendium, you just can't physically carry your endgame team on to a new game +
(you can carry one by attaching it to a DDS card before you finish the game and pulling it off the card after you've started your new game +)

Soriku

Cmon guys this isn't Devil Survivor 1 DS.

Or The Answer.

No idea what compelled them to not include Compendiums there.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
there is a compendium, you just can't physically carry your endgame team on to a new game +
(you can carry one by attaching it to a DDS card before you finish the game and pulling it off the card after you've started your new game +)

Oh, I figure as much. The wording of that review was kind of ambiguous.

Nice. Don't want a repeat of the original Devil Survivor, that's for sure.

Mupod

from my understanding there's actually two kinds of new game+. In both you keep your compendium, unlocked fusions and such. In one of them that's all you get, in the other you keep all your money/equipment/levels.

from my understanding there's actually two kinds of new game+. In both you keep your compendium, unlocked fusions and such. In one of them that's all you get, in the other you keep all your money/equipment/levels.

this is correct.
you will always carry over your compendium, your unlocked skill slots, analyze data and any difficulty levels you've unlocked. you will also always have the level limit removed for fusion.

you can choose to have a "true" new game + mode where you retain your levels, macca, items (this does not include the valuables you sell for cash), equipment and apps, or a "fresh" new game + where you do not keep those things.

spiritfox

I just decided to check out a map of Tokyo for fun, and damn the game's accurate. You pretty much can navigate the game through Google Maps.

AFC

Neo Member
Oh man, I'd planned to hold off on posting until things were less hectic at my job, but, as someone with no image editing skills whatsoever who came to try and love all things SMT because of GAF, I have to claim a chibi-demon while I can.

Due to the lack of Frost Ace and a couple of my other favorites already having been claimed, I would really appreciate it if someone could make a transparent background version of Samael!

suzu

Transparent Norn?

sp1FSjR.png

Oh man, I'd planned to hold off on posting until things were less hectic at my job, but, as someone with no image editing skills whatsoever who came to try and love all things SMT because of GAF, I have to claim a chibi-demon while I can.

Due to the lack of Frost Ace and a couple of my other favorites already having been claimed, I would really appreciate it if someone could make a transparent background version of Samael!

cFMt9tB.png

-------

And an extra Loki and the Mitamas for whoever wants them.

O0ZhlmS.png
bPRDRFO.png

I'm out! :p

Newegg's shipped, should be here the 17th. Of course since UPS is delivering it, it won't be here until 8PM. Considering calling in sick the next day. >_>

vall03

Going to bitch on the usual 'Damn you Nintendo for not allowing midnight releases for 3rd party games on eShop!"

Now then, it seems people are changing into demon avatars now. I actually like this compared to the other black/white SMTIV shade. I've been thinking of rocking a demon avatar too, just can't decide between Alice, Pixie, Moh Shuvuu and Asherah.

Goby

Banned
Saw this on /v/ and could not stop laughing.

The sad thing is that 80% of those quotes aren't from forum idiots but from actual reviews

Also amazon sent me a dlc code even though I cancelled the preorder from them a month ago and ordered form Gamestop. Lucky me.

CrisKre

Ok. Got it today.
My first game in the series. Never 0layed SMT or persona.
Its 4 30 here, and yup. Im still up. Cant put this down lol.
What have I been missing! ? This game is glorious.
What really impressed me is the design in here. The user interface is incredible, and the game's theme is just so interesting. I also love how the battles are so fast and how seamlessly and naturally the game eases you into the battle and demon recruiting systems.

For any newcomers on the fence, take the plunge. This game is golden and easy to get into.

What a fucking year for the 3ds.

Ok. Got it today.
My first game in the series. Never 0layed SMT or persona.
Its 4 30 here, and yup. Im still up. Cant put this down lol.
What have I been missing! ? This game is glorious.
What really impressed me is the design in here. The user interface is incredible, and the game's theme is just so interesting. I also love how the battles are so fast and how seamlessly and naturally the game eases you into the battle and demon recruiting systems.

For any newcomers on the fence, take the plunge. This game is golden and easy to get into.

What a fucking year for the 3ds.

You have no idea, you have tons of games to play after this one.

Esura

Banned
Chibi demons? Wonder what is left for me to choose from... (._. )

Use Lucifer or Angel. I was going to use Angel but Pixie is my demon boo for life.

Are there Pixies in this one that I can get early game? Usually I always kept a Pixie around no matter what demon I had on me in other SMT/SMT-spinoff games for shits and giggles.

Had to post this here because it frustrates me to no end.

A fairly large chunk of Anime News Network's SMTIV review is about how the game isn't anything like Persona 3 or 4.

Come on guys. Come on.

v_v

CSX

Had to post this here because it frustrates me to no end.

A fairly large chunk of Anime News Network's SMTIV review is about how the game isn't anything like Persona 3 or 4.

Come on guys. Come on.

v_v
So the review is basically YouTube comments rolled up into a couple of paragraphs?

spiritfox

Use Lucifer or Angel. I was going to use Angel but Pixie is my demon boo for life.

Are there Pixies in this one that I can get early game? Usually I always kept a Pixie around no matter what demon I had on me in other SMT/SMT-spinoff games for shits and giggles.

Napaea's the new Pixie. You can get a Pixie later though, just a few hours in.

Top Bottom