• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Hashimoto:"2018 will be a big year for Final Fantasy"

sublimit

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXSuJKs1530
2018 will be a big year for Final Fantasy that sees the release of multiple new titles, according to Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto.

“Next year will be the 31st year, and our teams are busy working on new titles,” Hashimoto told Edamame Arcade Channel in a new video interview. “They are all gearing up for a big year next year. Next year is going to be a big year.”

Hashimoto added, “Next year will be a big one, and we will bring exciting, new Final Fantasy titles to the world.”

The Final Fantasy series will turn 30 years-old on December 18, 2017.

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/shinji-hashimoto-2018-will-big-year-final-fantasy

A.Romero

FF15 for Switch and an announcement of FF7R, too, playing on the 'FF returns to Nintendo'-angle.

Considering the PS4 struggles to run XV I doubt that there will be a port for Switch. Can't say about FF7R but I guess it would be something similar.

At least we know that they are releasing XV on PC next year. What else have they announced for 2018 release?

It's a bold claim, given all their delays. Presumably they expect to get part of FF7R out. It was announced in 2015, after all.

FFVIII for PS4.
FFXII HD for PC.
FFXIII Trilogy for PS4.
FFVIIR 1st Chapter release date.

Oh, and FFXVI with 16-bit graphics (30th Anniversary Edition) in a partnership between Square Enix and Sakaguchi's Mistwalker Studio.

What? Let a man have his dreams.

base

Banned
"2018 will be a big year for Final Fantasy"

You mean FF8 remaster not coming and more shitty FFXV stuff?

Like everyone already said. they're not going to release anything substantial.

VII remake is not coming before 2020 and the next mainline title is far, far away.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
At least we know that they are releasing XV on PC next year. What else have they announced for 2018 release?

Dissidia NT for PS4.

Paulxo87

You know it's almost been two and a half years now since the FF7 remake was announced And we have nothing on it. At this point it is obviously so far behind any type of reasonable schedule for completion that you wont' even see it for PS4. I don't know why square is/was so stubborn to ask for help with it. I'm sure sony would have been more than happy to co-develop the game with them in exchange for it being an exclusive. At least we would see the game released in its entirety this decade.

Catphish

All I want is a turn-based, story-driven FF in the vein of VI (III) and VII.

Why is this so fking difficult? Were they not two of the most successful iterations of the franchise?

They've had literally decades now of changing things up, with arguable success. For the love of god, you had a good thing going. Go back to it!

Considering the PS4 struggles to run XV I doubt that there will be a port for Switch. Can't say about FF7R but I guess it would be something similar.

SquareEnix:
-Switch's core architecture similar to PS4/Xbox One. Some adjustment necessary, but multi-platform games not impossible
https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/928235628549902336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shacknews.com%2Farticle%2F102036%2Fsquare-enix-compares-switch-architecture-to-ps4-and-xbox-one

JustCheeze

Neo Member
FFXV: Cooking Class with Ignis VR

The most realistic cooking game ever made! We all know they considered it or... is it already in production?

base

Banned
FFXV: Cooking Class with Ignis VR

The most realistic cooking game ever made! We all know they considered it or... is it already in production?

They also considered making an app for Android where Prompto would be helping you making selfies.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

FF7R is a UE4 game, which scales back pretty well

Vallen

Neo Member
inb4 their focus is mainly on KHIII and if we're lucky they drop us a short FF7R trailer. Or another wallpaper... Please be excited!

EmryX

Neo Member

The problem is what Hajime Tabata is saying everytime someone put the question on the table. This guy need to shut the fuck up in public XD

One day it's: "Maybe you can except something on a console which the name sounds like twitch"
Another day it's: "Well, we need to scale down the game's graphics but it's clearly possible"
One week later it's: "FFXV on Switch, Lol don't count on it"
And now this tweet xD

I'm sure when Hajime Tabata open his mouth in public, there is a guy of Square Enix who are praying "please tabata-san, don't say anything stupid" xD

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I just want FFV....anything.....its the best one damnit! me and all of Japan can't be wrong

Waji

The problem is what Hajime Tabata is saying everytime someone put the question on the table. This guy need to shut the fuck up in public XD

One day it's: "Maybe you can except something on a console which the name sounds like twitch"
Another day it's: "Well, we need to scale down the game's graphics but it's clearly possible"
One week later it's: "FFXV on Switch, Lol don't count on it"
And now this tweet xD

I'm sure when Hajime Tabata open his mouth in public, there is a guy of Square Enix who are praying "please tabata-san, don't say anything stupid" xD
What's the relation with the tweet from the WSJ guy ?
Tabata can say whatever he wants, doesn't change the fact they probably could port anything on the Switch with compromise and optimisation.
Doesn't mean they will, just that it would be possible (especially if they thought they could do some good money from it).

EmryX

Neo Member
What's the relation with the tweet from the WSJ guy ?
Tabata can say whatever he wants, doesn't change the fact they probably could port anything on the Switch with compromise and optimisation.
Doesn't mean they will, just that it would be possible (especially if they thought they could do some good money from it).

Oh no sorry, didn't mean to say there is a relation with the tweet from the WSJ guy ;)
The tweet was a respond to a quote saying that FFXV can't run on Switch. So i wanted to talk about the "actual FFXV situation on Switch".

But yeah, they definitely can. Doom and Zelda BotW are running on switch, and they clearly are demanding games ;)

Top Bottom