• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura is a “pure and wholesome” title featuring only Asuka

Dio

Banned
http://gematsu.com/2017/04/shinobi-...ome-title-featuring-asuka#sCsSGIP0jz4G2Dcw.99

7y2kTZG.jpg

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has a Takaki interview in it.

Highlights:
HD rumble is a particularly fascinating feature of Nintendo Switch. I expect that we'll be able to do various things that we couldn't do with the rumble function before.
As for what kind of things we'll be able to do in Shinobi Refle using HD rumble, right now I'll leave that to your imagination.

We're basically aiming for a pure and wholesome Senran Kagura, and our main objective is to convey the feelings of the characters through HD rumble.

The story will be charmingly stupid. You'll be able to enjoy a different story than before.

Asuka will be the only character to appear.

Switch is considerably easy to develop for. Other than Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura, I'm also considering other titles that make use of Switch's features.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201704/18131086.html
http://gamestalk.net/post-77885/

Maxinas

Ok. I mean, they've been shitting out senran kagura games annually now, so i guess the wait for SK3 won't be too far off right?

Edit: No Yumi? Well, its a flop in Japan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hopefully if the Switch truly takes off he'll rethink his decision to end the mainline games with SK2 and continue with that instead of the shitty spinoff universe.

Dio

Banned
Okay, so I did some asking around with some Japanese speakers.

The exact line is "登場するキャラは、まずは飛鳥のみ。" which I'm told is more like 'for now, it's just Asuka in the game.' A slightly different connotation than what the article uses.

jman2050

As for what kind of things we’ll be able to do in Shinobi Refle using HD rumble, right now I’ll leave that to your imagination.

Clearly he means we'll finally be able to experience the real tactile sensation of a young girl's scarf.

Hopefully if the Switch truly takes off he'll rethink his decision to end the mainline games with SK2 and continue with that instead of the shitty spinoff universe.

Didn't the dumb Splatoon knockoff game have a teaser for what looked like a continuation of the original timeline?

rhandino

Banned
Cant wait to hold Asuka hands and feel her emotions thanks to the magic of HD Rumble™

The exact line is "登場するキャラは、まずは飛鳥のみ。" which I'm told is more like 'for now, it's just Asuka in the game.' A slightly different connotation than what the article uses.
Nice.

DKL

When's PC version with mods

EDIT:

Also, yes, there are better grills.

EDIT EDIT:

Of course, this is day 1.

Tohsaka

I figured that this would just be a small experimental kinda game when it was listed as digital-only on the website.

Ok. I mean, they've been shitting out senran kagura games annually now, so i guess the wait for SK3 won't be too far off right?

Edit: No Yumi? Well, its a flop in Japan.
There supposedly won't be anymore games in that storyline, and the next entry is literally called Senran Kagura 7 judging by the trailer at the end of Peach Beach Splash, so even if they do go back to that storyline it won't be called SK3.

We don't know what kind of game SK7 is at this point, the trailer had a much more serious tone than EV or PBS so it could be returning to a more traditional, "lore" focused story.

Is that true, or like a joke?

I'm genuinely interested

Has to be a joke. The last actual action game, Estival Versus, is pretty well liked as far as I can tell. PBS has a lot of issues, which is a newer game, but I don't think anyone can really judge a decline off one bad game. If SK7 and this game come out and they're both awful, then we can talk.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura is a “pure and wholesome” title
Nice, I can get behind a Senran Kagura I can play outside or near my family

featuring only Asuka
Dropped at the speed of light, call me when they got an Ikaruga, Yumi, or Hotaru edition,

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

So pure

kewlmyc

I'm not the most knowledgeable about this series, but not including the full roster seems like flushing money down the drain.

Maxinas

I'm not the most knowledgeable about this series, but not including the full roster seems like flushing money down the drain.

Read Dio's post. So it's really just a tech demo, being a budget title and minimal features. Looks like they will be upgrading the models too, which hopefully means ridding of those terrible versus models for future games.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The roster in the spinoffs is becoming too huge. We need focus, not 1 character focus of course.

StayDead

Phew. I mean Asuka is great in all, but Ikaruga needs to be in!

Has to be a joke. The last actual action game, Estival Versus, is pretty well liked as far as I can tell. PBS has a lot of issues, which is a newer game, but I don't think anyone can really judge a decline off one bad game. If SK7 and this game come out and they're both awful, then we can talk.

Sales-wise the game has been driven into a wall. Is not expanding its fanbase at all, merely appealing to the same userbase that has been interested on the series since the start. PBS was supposed to change that and bring more exposure to the series but it dropped like a rock after release week.

So yeah, it might not be exactly on decline but isn't on an ideal place for what Takaki is billing as THE Marvelous franchise either.

Sales-wise the game has been driven into a wall. Is not expanding its fanbase at all, merely appealing to the same userbase that has been interested on the series since the start. PBS was supposed to change that and bring more exposure to the series but it dropped like a rock after release week.

So yeah, it might not be exactly on decline but isn't on an ideal place for what Takaki is billing as THE Marvelous franchise either.

Ahhh I see what you meant then. I mean, I'm not super surprised that the sales have plateaued for what the game is. I wonder if Takaki cares? It's got a pretty specific audience and he seems kind of content to continue serving them, did they really expect PBS to expand the user base given how much more lewd it is than previous entries?

Top Bottom