• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinobido 2 announced for PlayStation Vita

Takao

Banned
It was the ninja game. First game was Acquire game for PSP and PS2. Not released in the US, but SCEE released it in Europe.

Source

Wndv9.jpg

MRsXs.jpg

xBiGu.jpg

Trailer

Siliconera's hands on with the title tells us it isn't announced for a US release as of yet. Spike (the publisher of Shinobido 2) hopes to find a overseas publishers.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Oh very cool

I always wanted to play the PS2 version after I read the topic on gaf about it.

Hopefully this one is localized in the US

super stoked about this

This and Gravity Daze are what I want most on the Vita. Both the PS2 and PSP set of games are radical.

logo with subtitle:
dPvYP.jpg

TacticalFox88 said:
FUCK! I read it as "Shinobi 2" :(((((((

Yeah I thought it was a misspelling :(

Megaman Legends all but confirmed I was gonna get a 3DS at some point in time. But with that looming on the chance of not even getting greenlit I'm waiting on a hacknslasher a la Devil May Cry, Itagaki game, Bayonetta or Shinobi on Vita.

It's a race to capture my interest on these handhelds. Not excited for handheld Uncharted or other PS3 franchises.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
PS2 game was awesome. Better than Tenchu imo. What is the battery life of Vita? I may have to get one.

Oh SHIIIIIIIT, so this was the Tenchu-esque game I saw. :)
I loved the first one. I can't believe it got such shitty reviews.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
YES GOD SHINOBI 2 FUCKING FINALLY !!

SHINOBI 2 ..SHINOBIDO..IDO....what ? *quits thread*

Takao

Banned
Lando Jones said:
Loving the subtle hints of 3rd party support!
Can't wait for info on release dates for all these goodies

Very subtle, as this most likely will be published by Sony...

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Yurt said:
YES GOD SHINOBI 2 FUCKING FINALLY !!

SHINOBI 2 ..SHINOBIDO..IDO....what ? *quits thread*
Yeah I was seriously hoping this was a sequel to Shinobi on PS2.

Not sure how I feel about the game itself, the stealth stuff reminds me of Tenchu.

Tain

fuck, i guess i'm in

Shinobido was very good, and Sega's in no state to make Shinobi 2, so confused people should just buy this game anyway.

Was the first game any good?

it was ass ugly and a little too easy but ultimately fuck yes it was

MightyKAC

Fuck yeah!!! I loved this game on the psp. Ever since the Tenchu series jumped the shark with 4 I've been itching for a new stealth ninja game fix.

Day. Fucking. One.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Shinobido is literally the only time stealth and ninja work for me in a video game.

Ninja almost always works for me in a video game...
except Legend of Kage NES obviously

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
_dementia said:
Any more media outside of the montage?

Even given how rough the original Shinobido titles looked, this seems more proof-of-concept than anything else (although at least it has a draw distance!) - so I'd guess this is the last we'll see until TGS.

AAK

Akainu said:
I don't even think it was ever announced

The producer said it was in development during an interview back in the PSP infant years if i recall correctly.

Looks great. Looks like Acquire portable games have made the jump from PS1 to PS2 graphics! but who cares, this will be awesome.

BadWolf

Uncharted, Gravity Daze and Shinobido 2 (friggin love stealth games)? I've never done this before but the Vita looks more and more like a day 1 purchase for me.

Top Bottom