• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirley Curry: The Gaming Grandma (documentary)

Humdinger

I enjoyed this, so I'm just passing it on, for anyone who might be interested. It's a feel-good story, which can be hard to come across in gaming sometimes.

Part of why I appreciate it is because I'm an older gamer myself (57), and I like what she says about that, as well as her example. It's kind of a bummer to hear how she feels obligated to keep broadcasting, even though it sounds like she'd rather not do it so much. But it also sounds like she's getting a real sense of meaning from it, so that's good.

Unity2012

Agreed, it is a feel-good and also inspiring story. Shirley is not alone in this age category. She is inspiring others to not be ashamed or afraid of being gamers at any age. She is such a kind soul. if life allows it, I plan to game till the end of my journey. Thank you for sharing.

wzy

Obviously anyone who would mock this woman deserves torture but I think it's fascinating how easily and quickly she keyed into the correct method of dealing with trolls. What's her secret? Age and experience?

Humdinger

Good share, will watch later. Does it give any nuggets of info on her face cap for Elder Scrolls VI?

No, but she talks a little about her wishes. She says she hopes they make her a follower, not a merchant, because she wants to be out there in the world, playing the game, not stuck in a stall.

wingsfan242

Gameumentary Film Editor
Good share, will watch later. Does it give any nuggets of info on her face cap for Elder Scrolls VI?

Nope! We actually didn't know when we were filming that she was already included. Apparently she's good at keeping secrets :p (Hence the nod towards the petition at the end as well haha)

Top Bottom