• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shit games You like

is this thread a good idea?

• yes

Votes: 189 68.0%
  • no

Votes: 23 8.3%
  • get a life

Votes: 66 23.7%

• Total voters

Velius

Banned
This game is fucking horrible. Some of the dumbest, most boring and forgettable aesthetics and character design. Clunky combat that no sober person would ever create, terrible voice acting all helmed by a guy who was too full of himself to see that the prior success he enjoyed was due only in part to his ambition, paired with the gentle direction he got from Miyamoto. This fucking game is awful. Everything about it is arrogant- it is so full of itself.

But I actually love the skill tree.

I would have picked The Last of Us 2 but then I remembered that I don't like to play it

Too+Human.jpg

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I mentioned AfterFall InSanity recently in another thread, and I'm gonna bring it back up here. It's not a great game, it's a janky post-apocalyptic action adventure released without a valid Unreal Engine license, and I had fun. It also had a sequel in the works, which was only in black, white, and red, and had a short single episode release before it was cancelled. I think because Epic found out they were pirating their engine.

J-Roderton

How pay to win? Can I be a tight ass and not pay for shit?

I've spent maybe 10 bucks so far over the years. Just to buy a little better gear. Mostly what you'll run into is players with really good gear that allows them to have more health and armor. Other than that, I don't really see too much of a difference in the weapons if they're paid vs free. IDK. The game has its charm.

Holammer

I have 43,578,5 hours innit as of now and it's on 24/7.
One of those clicker type games, but at the point where I am, I just change the diapers now and then.

WoJ

Off the top of my head Mass Effect Andromeda. I'll go to my grave saying that's a good game.

I know Days Gone has it's share of fans, and isn't necessarily considered shit, but I'll defend it as a top game of the generation.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I've spent maybe 10 bucks so far over the years. Just to buy a little better gear. Mostly what you'll run into is players with really good gear that allows them to have more health and armor. Other than that, I don't really see too much of a difference in the weapons if they're paid vs free. IDK. The game has its charm.
Yes namely being free.

Mortal Kombat for SNES was so gimped but I loved it all the same.

Until the day I played my friend's Genesis version.

Pretty sure that was it for the SNES one.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Echo_Night_-_Beyond_Coverart.png

very cool game. far ahead of its time. the whole series is underrated but was never good with the critics. as usual, they know jack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuz

Banned
Entered this thread not expecting to find any actual shit game.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Tenchu Dark Secret (DS)

2527181.jpg

A 37 on Metacritic :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But I got so many hours of joy and shear fun out of it. The main thing I loved doing was lining up the traps in such a way that the enemies would bounce off one trap on to another trap and so on. Just good shit. Game looked like ass, but it was actually a really fun, arcadey game for what it was.

And...

Onechanbara (Wii)
bzs.jpg

Again, looked like ass, but like Tenchu DS it was just great arcadey fun. The main thing that made it so much fun for me was just how well they nailed the Wii-mote waggle controls. The mix of sound coming from the Wii-mote and the ease of the waggle movement just made it so much fun. It wasn't even precise from what I remember; it was just really good-feeling. And half-naked chicks being ridiculous with zombies. Good lord!

Danknugz

I might get hate for this comment but my gamer score was reset from 230k back in 2016 and I still am on that same account so I always welcome a shit game with easy achievements. Edit: back up to around 128k now

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Always find this topic hard when it comes up:

The last time I may have even given a bad reviewed game the time of day was when I was a kid and I can't remember.

I'm just too clued in now to reviews and word of mouth.

I think a recent example though the game is not bad at all is "soulstorm".
It's gettting ( and rightfully so) panned for being buggy.

But it's enjoying it non the less, it's excellent.

Alundra 2:
It was a huge downgrade from the first game, and the music was for the most part atrocious, but I can't help but feel it has a certain charm.

148327-alundra-2-a-new-legend-begins-playstation-front-cover.png

Grandstream Saga:
Terrible top-down perspective with awful walking lego characters, but it had great music and a really novel setting with a dreary, almost melancholy atmosphere.

the_granstream_saga_front.jpg

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

GBoFNgw.jpg

Complete Edition was on sale for 12€ and I wanted to try it out since I saw the cover.
Money was well spend.
One of the games that can be replayed multiple times

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Really? It's far from to be a bad game, the fuck? Why so many bad scores? I really don't get it.

Not sure, really. At that time gaming starting to shift away from platformers and seems everything is a shooter or 18+ game. It was amazing and I love it.

Pidull

Loved the shit out of Cruis'n USA on N64 and that game was not well received. Even though the variety of levels was limited that never mattered to me.

I also loved MegaRace so... Apparently me and shitty racing games go well together.

JRW

Saints row 1
50cent blood on the sand

Those don't really qualify based on metacritic scores (81 SR1 & 71 50cent).

EDIT: forgot to mention either way I agree 50cent was decent fun lol.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Off the top of my head Mass Effect Andromeda. I'll go to my grave saying that's a good game.

I know Days Gone has it's share of fans, and isn't necessarily considered shit, but I'll defend it as a top game of the generation.
I enjoyed Andromeda as well, was an 8/10 for me and I cleaned up 100% on that. Yeah the story was shit but its still a cool universe to fuck around in.

Whoever designed the new aliens needs shooting with a tazer though. One species look like a cauliflower with eyes and the other looked worse!

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I like Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness.

It's full of bugs, and the gameplay is a mess. But I enjoyed the atmosphere and story. Graphis were good too, for the time.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Earth Defense Force 4.1.

It's janky trash but I just find it fun for some reason.
It's fun because it's a proper game. It doesnt try to be anything apart from pure fun gaming

best games ever they are (Apart from that shite PS4 one, heavy steel rain? Iron rain? Raining steel? Raining man steel?Cant remember the name it was just shite)

stranno

Hudson Soft's Rengoku series were two of the worst rated Playstation Portable games back in the day. I had a fun time with both of them: Great technical hack n slash combat with tons of customization. The second one is the way to go, since it features a new tower and a remastered version of the tower from the first game. Also, level design is much better, the first one was fully orthogonal design.

My biggest complain is the difficulty, both games are way too easy, unlike reviews said back in the day. Once you get a good gun to do post-mortem finishers (the first machine gun, for example) it becomes a walk in the park.

Team Tachyon's Quantum Theory. Maybe the first obvious Gears of War clone. It was certainly crappy when it comes to graphics and overall quality, but the gameplay was ok and fun. It was developed by Team Tachyon, an internal team of Tecmo Koei, developers of Rygar: The Battle of Argus for Wii and the great Undead Knights for Playstation Portable.

Creoteam's Collapse. And yet another Gears of War clone, so pretty much the same as Quantum Theory, crappy technical quality, fun game. This is curious because of the ukrainian-based developer, Creoteam, which sounds suspiciously similar to Croteam, the croatian-based developers of Serious Sam series. And another fun fact: Here in Spain it was localized by the famous studio FX Interactive. It was called After the War, in order to be sold as a fake-sequel to the classic Dinamic Software eighties shooter (After the War). Of course it had nothing to do with the original game.

It had a sequel, The Rage. I havent played it but looks pretty much the same as the first game.

AlterLab's Skalolazka. Russian game based on a russian film, localized in Germany and France as Vera Jones (for Indiana reasons). It is probably the crappies Tomb Raider clone I have ever played, but still, it is fun and has a clever, yet barely working, climbing system, that probably led to the Bennett Foddy's QWOP formula. There's an English translation on Github.

5zjvaG6.gif

Vitei's Rock and Roll Climber. WiiWare has tons of small, weird and cool games. This one.. maybe not. But I love climbing games and Rock and Roll Climber has Wiimotion + Balance Board support. The climbing system balancing the body and using the Wiimote/Nunchuck is pretty cool, unfortunately the game is very hard and very glitchy. Rock and Roll + climbing because why not.

Last edited:

Pidull

This game is fucking horrible. Some of the dumbest, most boring and forgettable aesthetics and character design. Clunky combat that no sober person would ever create, terrible voice acting all helmed by a guy who was too full of himself to see that the prior success he enjoyed was due only in part to his ambition, paired with the gentle direction he got from Miyamoto. This fucking game is awful. Everything about it is arrogant- it is so full of itself.

I would have picked The Last of Us 2 but then I remembered that I don't like to play it

Too+Human.jpg
Even the title "Too Human" sounds pretentious and full of itself when you think about it.

Dr. Suchong

Too+Human.jpg
I gave this game away to a friend and I still feel bad for him.

Top Bottom