• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking News: Borderlands 3 confirmed for third time

Abriael

Banned
Couple more details.

Both Battleborn Art Director Scott Kester and Borderlands Writer Mikey Neumann (also known for the voice of Scooter) are working or will work on the game in the same roles.

Some hints about the game might be dropped as Easter eggs in the battleborn DLCs.

For the life of me I can't figure out how they thought Battleborn would be a good idea. Battleborn is about to launch with a whimper whereas BL3 would've ft perfectly in this current market.

Not looking forward to the art direction of borderlands 3 if the same guy who directed battleborn is in now taking on the lead role. Not sure what his position was in previous games, i know he was involved in some capacity. Just found the art direction in battleborn uninspired.

Absolutely adore the original and especially Borderlands 2. Fire Krieg completely changed everything for me with his mechanics.

Shit, guess I'm reinstalling this weekend now.

Absolutely adore the original and especially Borderlands 2. Fire Krieg completely changed everything for me with his mechanics.

Shit, guess I'm reinstalling this weekend now.

I just bought the handsome collection and going through the bl2 dlc for the first time but I think I'm gonna do another run as Maya. I don't understand the point of using a melee character in a loot-driven FPS.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
For the life of me I can't figure out how they thought Battleborn would be a good idea. Battleborn is about to launch with a whimper whereas BL3 would've ft perfectly in this current market.

Their pitch to Take-Two was that most of today's biggest IPs didn't exist two generations ago, so they wanted to start making a new one and get it out in the best time to launch a new IP (early-to-mid generation).

GoaThief

Preferred the original Borderlands to the sequel, which didn't hit the right spots with me. But then again the heathen that I am believes Destiny was (is still maybe?) superior to both so disregard my opinion as you see fit.

Can't get excited for this, and the alleged shenanigans the developers have been involved with leaves a sour taste at best.

Didn't know, searched and it didn't pop up.

Ah sorry, this is actually my fault. You didn't write "confirmed", you wrote "confirmed for third time". This one is acutally on me. Wondered why anyone wondered about the game, but yeah THIS SPECIFIC CONFIRMATION is new.

Sorry.

Ah sorry, this is actually my fault. You didn't write "confirmed", you wrote "confirmed for third time". This one is acutally on me. Wondered why anyone wondered about the game, but yeah THIS SPECIFIC CONFIRMATION is new.

Sorry.
That was a mod edit haha

Nice. Will buy eventually. Once the GOTY/Ultimate edition is released on PC.

Yeah... the way they handled the level cap/DLC of 2 really soured me on the game. I also loved playing BL2 around launch time though so I'll have to decide what I wanna do.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I second this. Hopefully if this doesn't happen, they are featured prominently (or playable?) in BL3

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel's ending and Tales Form The Borderlands were both supposed to hint at the future of the series if I remember the marketing correctly, so presumably the ending and characters of both are factoring into Borderlands 3.

I just bought the handsome collection and going through the bl2 dlc for the first time but I think I'm gonna do another run as Maya. I don't understand the point of using a melee character in a loot-driven FPS.

Maya was my go-to before as well, and in every other ARPG/Loot game I go ranged as well. With a fire based krieg you don't have to melee. Well rolled Phoenix shield that explodes when depleatedbwith slag and fire weapons you just burn (lolol) through large packs screaming like a mad man while the fire procs keep you alive as you burn. Was a really fun build and concept. Basically the movie Speed/Crank: You stop killing, you die.

Absolutely wrecked frame rate on PS3 multiplayer. Never tried in Handsome collection.

Armor or bust. Give me visual and stat changes. Give classes more active abilities other than just the one. Don't make me get to level 5 before I can use my character's basic ability. Should be getting skill points from level 1 not 5.

Zeneric

bl2 on steam logged at 83 hours and still playing. probably be around 150 hours when im done with it. bring on bl3 (still need to buy/play the pre sequel + season pass).

hydruxo

Wish they skipped Battleborn and went straight into BL3. I'll be there day one when BL3 is out though, absolutely loved the first two games.

That was a mod edit haha

The f*** and i really tried to see (your) peoples reason this time. Why do i even bother.
In February 2014, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford stated that the studio was not yet working on a third installment in the franchise, stating that it would have to be "massive", but "we don't know what that is yet. We can imagine what it must achieve, but we don't know what it is yet."[6] However, at a panel during PAX South in January 2015, Pitchford announced that the studio was preparing to begin work on a new Borderlands game—which he described as "the big one", and began to offer a number of new staff openings related to the game. The game will be developed specifically for eighth-generation consoles such as Xbox One and PlayStation 4.[7][8]

From wikipedia. Even those guys already knew it, wonder who told them.

Armor or bust. Give me visual and stat changes. Give classes more active abilities other than just the one. Don't make me get to level 5 before I can use my character's basic ability. Should be getting skill points from level 1 not 5.

Agreed with armor, although I'd be down for transmogrifying it if they want to keep the visual designs in place.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Art director for Battleborn is the same as the art director for BL3. ehhhh

To note, Scott Kester was also a senior concept artist on Borderlands 1 and 2:

25f53817ac159a1636589f1fyi.jpg

bl2-character-conceptd8cpp.jpg

Top Bottom