• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking news: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD being localized

KH1 Final Mix content ain't that worth it if I remember correctly.

Pretty much. Just one additional boss. (Albeit, one of the best bosses in the entire series, but still.)

The game did get re-balanced though, as far as stats and weapons are concerned, so there's that, too.

Can't wait. Re:CoM never got a PAL release, so it'll be my first time playing it and playing KH1 at 60Hz will be a godsend. Hopefully we get it around June.

I never played a game in the series, so I am curious about this one due to its popularity. Do I understand that it is two games in one? Or perhaps the extra Chain of Memory content is spliced into the main game?

Also, graphically is the HD release getting new textures, AA, etc., or is it simply being bumped up in resolution?

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (what's being localized):

* HD remaster of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (the definitive version)
* HD remaster of Kingdom Hearts - Re:Chain of Memories
* HD remaster of all cutscenes from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
* New gameplay tweaks
* Remade menus / background textures
* Revised the scripts to be more in line with later KH games
* Remade character models and textures
* Trophy support

I would say that this is less of a milking than Coded/Re:coded is. The core Kingdom Hearts fan base has been asking for this for years, and bringing the first game into the next generation might help new gamers who never owned past consoles or skipped KH1 the first time around get a chance to play the game. Even looking at the few post in this thread, it's clear this is the kind of game needed to help the series, as opposed to things that have nearly destroyed it (Dream Drop Distance).

I have played every fucking single KH game. I have them all, except for Coded for the DS, thats where I drew the line. After Days, and the chain of memories remake I was done. I want KH3 and if not? Im done.

I liked KH3D! But still remake and after remake. And those people above who called me stupid for passing up on this. Well ill have you know, I modded a PS2 and imported the damn final mix versions of KH 1 and 2... A few boss fights didn't make me feel any better about the money I spent.

Not buying these games a third damn time. Make it on Vita and maybe ill jump.... I like my portables...

I think he is just speculating. :p But yeah, why not? Almost every other collection out there has more than one game. Why would they not include it?

I read it in article somewhre, I'd link if I could find it. Anyway the rumor is that Sony doesn't allow for a single game in a retail HD remake so they have to add the sequel.

They're supposedly adding FFX-2 with it.

I'm going to need a source for that. It's a logical choice, given SCEA's single-games-don't-get-discs policy on HD remasters, but I don't recall any official statement or well-supported rumor to that effect.

That same SCEA policy makes me really question people who believe that there'll be separate 0.5 and 2.5 Remix releases. KH2:FM+ and BBS:FM are a hell of a lot of value, sure, but pretty much the only logical choice is to have those two games plus a theatre mode for the KH:DDD cutscenes. Otherwise they won't be able to get a disc release in North America.

I have played every fucking single KH game. I have them all, except for Coded for the DS, thats where I drew the line. After Days, and the chain of memories remake I was done. I want KH3 and if not? Im done.

I liked KH3D! But still remake and after remake. And those people above who called me stupid for passing up on this. Well ill have you know, I modded a PS2 and imported the damn final mix versions of KH 1 and 2... A few boss fights didn't make me feel any better about the money I spent.

Not buying these games a third damn time. Make it on Vita and maybe ill jump.... I like my portables...

deleted

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Do you think he goes in there and just says whatever the fuck he wants? It really comes through in the game like that.

Hex

Banned
I softmodded and download my games for $0 so it would be nice to have a legit official legal copy. Plus I love the disk art on my games
z6JD3.gif

joeblow

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (what's being localized):

* HD remaster of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (the definitive version)
* HD remaster of Kingdom Hearts - Re:Chain of Memories
* HD remaster of all cutscenes from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
* New gameplay tweaks
* Remade menus / background textures
* Revised the scripts to be more in line with later KH games
* Remade character models and textures
* Trophy support

Thank you. It looks like it is getting a commendable HD upgrade. However, to my first question, will this content all be part of one gameplay experience, or will they be separate games that you manually load when you want to play them?

For example, you can see all of the content in the Blu-ray release of the movie The Watchmen two different ways:

A} Purchase both the director's cut disc and separately purchase the Tales of the Black Freighter animated story disc.

B} Purchase the ultimate edition, which is the director's cut movie with the Tales of the Black Freighter animated sequences spliced into the movie itself. This is closer to what the original comic book presentation was like.

So I wonder if this KH HD release is more like A or B when it comes to presenting all of the content.

Andrefpvs

http://khinsider.com/news/358-2-Days-Cutscene-Runtime-in-KINGDOM-HEARTS-HD-1-5-Rearranged-Music-3178

358/2 Days: Changes from the Original Version
~Cutscenes now high resolution
~Voicing recorded for previously non-voiced scenes
~Able to enjoy specific scenes through chapter select
~"Roxas' Diary" open from the beginning
~"Secret Reports" can be browsed after viewing the videos
~Additional "Character Index" in which you are able to view commentary on the characters
~Obtain a custom PS3 theme after viewing all content
~Trophy support (acquired through viewing content)

botty

Banned
http://khinsider.com/news/358-2-Days-Cutscene-Runtime-in-KINGDOM-HEARTS-HD-1-5-Rearranged-Music-3178

358/2 Days: Changes from the Original Version
~Cutscenes now high resolution
~Voicing recorded for previously non-voiced scenes
~Able to enjoy specific scenes through chapter select
~"Roxas' Diary" open from the beginning
~"Secret Reports" can be browsed after viewing the videos
~Additional "Character Index" in which you are able to view commentary on the characters
~Obtain a custom PS3 theme after viewing all content
~Trophy support (acquired through viewing content)

They are also rearranging the music for the Days cutscenes.

TriGen

Like I said in the original KH thread when someone doubted this coming over:

It will. There will likely be a KH HD 2.5 a year later and it's likely intended to get people ready for KH3 in a few years. It's been a long time since console KH, so this is getting people back in that mindset, plus KH sells a ton in the west.

Thank you. It looks like it is getting a commendable HD upgrade. However, to my first question, will this content all be part of one gameplay experience, or will they be separate games that you manually load when you want to play them?

For example, you can see all of the content in the Blu-ray release of the movie The Watchmen two different ways:

Purchase both the director's cut disc and separately purchase the Tales of the Black Freighter animated story disc.

B} Purchase the ultimate edition, which is the director's cut movie with the Tales of the Black Freighter animated sequences spliced into the movie itself. This is closer to what the original comic book presentation was like.

So I wonder if this KH HD release is more like A or B when it comes to presenting all of the content.

I can't confirm anything, but I'm 90% sure it will be the bolded option.

Pretty much. Just one additional boss. (Albeit, one of the best bosses in the entire series, but still.)

The game did get re-balanced though, as far as stats and weapons are concerned, so there's that, too.
Well, there is some other stuff in there. All Heartless are colored differently, there's some new Keyblades (DIAMOND DUST +3 MP OMG), new accessories, new "mini-game battle" Heartless in each world (each with new materials to synthesize), plus Gummi Ship missions and new Gummi Ship pieces.

Although even saying that, I would agree it's a MINOR upgrade from the game we got and anybody thinking they're getting the super ultra definitive version will probably be disappointed. Final Mix was mostly to bring the improvements and additions of the overseas version back to Japan and use the English voices.

Top Bottom