• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking news! Kotaku- Sega cancels Aliens CM Wii U version

It'd be interesting to know the reasoning behind such a decision.

Are Sega also worrying about the slow adoption of the Wii U, or are they disappointed by their own sales on other platforms and thus don't view an additional version as a wise expense?

It might be a bit of both, but there must have been a primary catalyst.

stuminus3

Massively disappointed that ACM turned out the way it did. It could have been a real showcase of the Wii U pad had it not turned out to be a massive turd in the first place.

Thankfully much of what could have been awesome in ACM (especially the idea of having the Wii U pad act as a motion tracker) can actually be found in Zombi U.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Randy-Pitchford1.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
I wonder if Sega blames the Wii U install base or their bad game.

Well they certainly didn't cancel it because the wii u has a 30 million install base.

Like I said in the other thread when even shovelware doesn't think your system is worthwhile you have a serious problem.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
well originally before the game was a PoS I was hoping for a reason to buy a Wii-U glad I never pulled the trigger. ohh well saved myself some money

Yeah, wasn't that game supposed to be a disappointment anyways? >_>

After it released, yes. But up until then, Gearbox (read: Randy Pitchford) was hyping the shit out the Wii U port, promising it would be the best version of the game, and saying how wonderful the Wii U hardware was. And, in a world where positive Wii U news was a precious and rare commodity, a lot of people were taken in.

An outsiders view:

Happy because it's bad game based on footage of it. (I haven't played the other console versions.)

Sad because it's one less game for the Wii-U. (I don't own the console.)

Coolwhip

Banned
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Aliens CM on Wii U is great news.

Top Bottom