• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING NEWS: Nintendo TVii is Officially Cancelled in Europe

JP

Never really understood what it was or what it was supposed to be, I pressed the button from time to time but all it ever did was tell me to go away.

Colombo

I didn't even care about it, but it shouldn't have been on the O.S as a feature for 2+ years only to be cancelled. Nintendo strung everyone along but I was always adamant it wasn't arriving after 2013 came and went, and I was right.

Stuart444

Wonder if anyone is going to start a class action lawsuit or something. (assuming there is enough WiiU users that care I guess...)

Also yes, shocking indeed.

LoveCake

Not surprised, goes to show that Nintendo hate EU/UK gamers as much as Sony & Microsoft do, we always get stiffed on games related stuff.

TVii seemed like such a cool feature back when it was announced. Then it wasn't ready for launch. Then it launched and no one cared about it anymore. Then it was dead.

The End.

Canadian here - that has never used the TVii function. Since we are stuck with that stupid TV button on the gamepad, they might as well make it somewhat worthwhile. Make it bring up the Nintendo youtube channel or something.

Canadian here - that has never used the TVii function. Since we are stuck with that stupid TV button on the gamepad, they might as well make it somewhat worthwhile. Make it bring up the Nintendo youtube channel or something.

But, as been said ten times in this thread already, the TV button has NOTHING to do with TVii. It's for the remote functionality.

Not surprised, goes to show that Nintendo hate EU/UK gamers as much as Sony & Microsoft do, we always get stiffed on games related stuff.

KLgZn0r.gif

NoE has been on a roll lately, bringing us games (Operation Rainfall) and hardware (New 3DS). Sure, it's a give-and-take. We didn't get Bayonetta 1 for free, but we got both discs and an exclusive collector's edition instead. Shibata giveth, and Shibata taketh away.

I used it quite a bit for following (American) football a year ago. I don't watch TVii now, but when I did it was fun. Felt great commenting on specific plays in real time and discussing with other people on Miiverse.

Wait..

"Sorry we didn't give you a Wii U feature, but hey, have this free thing on 3DS"

Well why is the Anime Channel not on the Wii U..?
I think they would have better off posing the anime channel as a replacement to Nintendo Video which was on a 3DS...but then we get into the whole that was delivering 3D content and anime is 2D only...ugh.

jholmes

Last year streaming services support was removed from Tvii so no Hulu, Netflix or Amazon support.

Given that outside of the U.S. there is no Hulu or Amazon video, and given that almost nobody has Hulu and Netflix and Amazon Video and cable and a DVR, I don't know that this was a huge loss.

Still though this time two years ago I was bummed by how useless TVii was. Now I just accept it.

Top Bottom