• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shoot the Core! - Gaf Shoot ‘em Up (aka Shooter/SHMUP) Reference Thread

Nice, think I'll get this, but can you use a BT pad with it?

Sorry for the delayed response folks. Unfortunately Aka to Blue has no pad support and they aren't planning one. They have hinted at a potential arcade and/or console release at some point which would of course be super cool.

I definitely hear people's interest in having some of the voiced sections sub-titled, unfortunately it probably won't happen until a console release or something. I will tell the team though!

Incidentally, I beat Aka to Blue for the first time tonight! I have to say that Stage 5 has a really brilliant design to it. Both popcorn enemy placement and boss patterns are an absolute joy once you get into the rhythm. The last boss fight is also pretty goddamn nail-biting, so if you've picked it up and haven't beat it yet, definitely go for it. Really great difficulty balancing IMO.

Another thing I want to give a shout out to: Battle Garegga's 1.10 patch (probably the default version for the US releases). This was a damn godsend for me, I don't know about others?? It completely fixed all the controller lag issues I had with the game when it originally came out, which was so noticeable for me that I put the game down for months. However, with the new patch, I feel almost no lag at all, and the game plays like a dream! Like having a damn cab in your house, wow! Popped the platinum last week and will probably return for some score attacking, too damn good.

Yes Boss!

Sorry for the delayed response folks. Unfortunately Aka to Blue has no pad support and they aren't planning one. They have hinted at a potential arcade and/or console release at some point which would of course be super cool.

I definitely hear people's interest in having some of the voiced sections sub-titled, unfortunately it probably won't happen until a console release or something. I will tell the team though!

Incidentally, I beat Aka to Blue for the first time tonight! I have to say that Stage 5 has a really brilliant design to it. Both popcorn enemy placement and boss patterns are an absolute joy once you get into the rhythm. The last boss fight is also pretty goddamn nail-biting, so if you've picked it up and haven't beat it yet, definitely go for it. Really great difficulty balancing IMO.

Another thing I want to give a shout out to: Battle Garegga's 1.10 patch (probably the default version for the US releases). This was a damn godsend for me, I don't know about others?? It completely fixed all the controller lag issues I had with the game when it originally came out, which was so noticeable for me that I put the game down for months. However, with the new patch, I feel almost no lag at all, and the game plays like a dream! Like having a damn cab in your house, wow! Popped the platinum last week and will probably return for some score attacking, too damn good.

Please encourage them to do a console release.

Enjoyed seeing you in the credits...kinda expected it but was cool to see your handle instead of your real name.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

Thanks for the reply.

JP

Only two weeks until the PS4 release of Raiden V: Director's Cut, the time seems to be really dragging on this one.
Launch, you bastard, LAUNCH!!!!

Why does me staring intently at my TV screen and shouting horrific insults at my PS4 not make you appear in the PlayStation store in any of the English language regions that I have access to? Do you want me to beg? DO YOU??? ��

EDIT:
See, I kew it would work. It's up for $34.99 in the USA store now. I will accept thanks from everybody for the hours of staring and swearing that I've been doing to make this happen. You're welcome!!

EDIT 2:
3.1GBs.

Tizoc

OK wtf is up with Raiden V? Why is Mission Command talking to me for? Why are the left and right borders not just some random artwork? LET ME FOCUS ON DODGING THESE BULLETS DAMNIT
HOW DID I EVEN FINISH STAGE 1 WITHOUT DYING?!

Somebody help me trim down this damned bloom please @_@

shaowebb

Tain

OK wtf is up with Raiden V? Why is Mission Command talking to me for? Why are the left and right borders not just some random artwork? LET ME FOCUS ON DODGING THESE BULLETS DAMNIT
HOW DID I EVEN FINISH STAGE 1 WITHOUT DYING?!

Somebody help me trim down this damned bloom please @_@

I fired Raiden V up just to get some settings set and I didn't see anywhere to set Tate mode, does it not support it?

Reliving the XBO launch all over again, lol.

Yeah there’s a ton of dialogue and yeah sadly there’s no TATE (since this is the first console-only Raiden I guess).

Fularu

Banned
I'm seriously pissed at Amazon canada right now for never having a Raiden V DC page up. My only option is to import it from the states and get price gouged now

Ugh

Reliving the XBO launch all over again, lol.

Yeah there’s a ton of dialogue and yeah sadly there’s no TATE (since this is the first console-only Raiden I guess).

darth-vader-no.jpg

WTF WHYYYYYYYYYYYY????????

yeah sadly there’s no TATE (since this is the first console-only Raiden I guess).

Exactly that, not the best translation but gets the point across.

"Hoshino: I think that the first thing I thought from the consumer side. "Raiden" has been made for all the previous series for arcade, there is a flow which transplanted to the consumer after that. I made it with the basic specification of the vertical scrolling shooting of the arcade to use the 4: 3 cathode ray tube monitor vertically. Until now, the former is an arcade, so I changed it without changing it and transplanted it, but this time it started with a consumer from the beginning, so it is great that I did not have to be conscious of the specification of CRT. Actually, the screen ratio is slightly wider than the vertical screen of 4: 3."

Momentary

Banned
I was about to say. Seems like the play field is too wide for TATE. Doesn't seem like it would translate too well having that option. I feel like screen real-estate would stay about the same.

Clive

I'm seriously pissed at Amazon canada right now for never having a Raiden V DC page up. My only option is to import it from the states and get price gouged now

Ugh

EB Games has it for $54.99 with free shipping and VGP has it for $49.99 with $3 shipping IIRC. Mine shipped from VGP today. Not sure if that's a better deal than you can get from the US but it should be considering the shipping costs.

Fularu

Banned
EB Games has it for $54.99 with free shipping and VGP has it for $49.99 with $3 shipping IIRC. Mine shipped from VGP today. Not sure if that's a better deal than you can get from the US but it should be considering the shipping costs.

I was hoping for a prime discount :/

I'll check EB Games

Tizoc

I dunno how I feel about Raiden V TBH. Like if you removed the lfet and right data bars or whatever it'd help me focus on the screen more but at the same time getting rid of some graphical effects would also help in me being able to see enemy bulelts more clearly @_@

SOME-MIST

I'm loving raiden v - and I'm enjoying it as much as I did at the last chicago shmupsmeet

I remember when it first released on XB1 the opinions were mixed to negative on here, but for some reason I'm having a blast.

I'm still trying to figure out the best strategy since I am trying to level up each weapon equally, but I've stuck to leveling one weapon per stage.
the cheer mechanic is charming since you're getting notifications from other players playing at the exact same time you are.

I also like the progress graph on the left so I can easily compare my progress each run.

I can do without all the talking and the right pane though.

Garegga related. Quoting from the LRG thread:
https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/919951708096225280

I’m not saying “brace yourselves”.

...but maybe brace yourselves.

And

Part of me doubts that was an actual tease from Josh. But then again M2 just did localize Battle Garegga....

At first I thought the same thing, but then:

https://twitter.com/replicantgreen/status/919955538128932865

LRG has always rubbed me the wrong way so I've never actually bothered trying to get one of their games. But I'd make an exception for Garegga. How do you actually make sure you get one of their releases?

Not sure other than be there on time for the drop and log into ur paypal ahead of time. Might be worth asking for tips in this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1411296

of course if it does get a wide disc release in Asia (as a number of LGR releases have), I'd just get that and avoid the headache.

ChryZ

Blue Revolver will have a free Black Label update, coming in January 2018. 🎺🎺🎺
Very excited for all the changes announced and the new arranged soundtrack!
Woah, it's a full on re-release:

Black Label will launch January 2018.

Here's what you can look forward to in Black Label. Please note, this is still a work-in-progress, and we may want to change or do some things differently by the time the update drops.

- Standard play is now "Arcade Mode", featuring rebalanced weapons, reworked BREAKs, gameplay tweaks, an overhauled last stage and greater scoring potential for masters to chase.
- Missions mode is entirely reworked - new structure, more unique missions, score tracking. Missions are tuned to be generally easier / more permissive, with bigger requirements to get the top rewards.
- Experimental Weapon mode becomes "Arrange Mode" - powerful weapons with recharging ammo and an all-new scoring system. Intended for experts, but enjoyable at all skill levels.
- An all-new extra mode puts Dee in the pilot seat, featuring short quick-fire "bursts" of gameplay and a new powerup system. How long can you last?
- New arranged soundtrack by Exemia and Hagane.
- New, expanded tutorials better introduce the fundamentals.
- Tons of new unlockables - including "Data Files" that reveal more about the world and characters, graphical filters and more.
- "Gadgets" put extra game information on-screen for widescreen resolutions, with better stat tracking for things like personal best stage scores and breaks acquired.
- More localizations (exact list TBC) and support for user-created localizations.
- Plenty of extra quality-of-life stuff.

As said before, we consider this a rerelease, and we'd like just one more shot at getting the game in front of more people/sites, so if you're excited about this, please spread the word! There are one or two other things in the pipeline that we're very excited about, please follow our Twitter for more information when it arrives.

BOTEC

Speaking of projects that probably won't happen, how about Qute's Natsuki Chronicle? They got two more months before they run out of 2017.

orborborb

Raiden V PC can run smoothly at the right speed with no input lag on a GSync monitor if you force vsync off, refresh rate max, and limit fps to 60, I used Nvidia Profile Inspector

same trick works for Dariusburst, wish I'd figured that out about a year ago! without this trick they ran laggier than PS4 and Xbox One ports, with it they are tighter

Creepy

Holy hell have you guys seen this new bullet grind shooty called Shikhondo-Soul Eater?
This shit is legit Its got some absolutely crazy patterns to it and its gorgeous with its yokai theme.

Voted for this on green light what seems like years ago.

After months of no updates and then greenlight being pulled I was worried I would never see it again.

So glad it finally came out.

Top Bottom