• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should all social media be destroyed?

Should all social media be destroyed?

• Yes

Votes: 81 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • It has failed because it was never correctly tried

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
Yes. Let the past die.

Return everyone to an anonymous username about exaggerated penis size and be done.

People need to realise that the internet is not their fifteen minutes of fame

H4ze

I don't like the "new" social media, I don't use facebook anymore, I don't use Instagram, Twitter or any other platform.

So, yes, I would love to see them erased. People should stop caring about what others have and do in their lifes imo.

Birdo

Banned
It's not the platform, it's the people that use it.

We forget that Facebook and Twitter were once actually good.................... Then the normies show up and fill it with shit.

So no, it's people who need to be destroyed.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
A lot of people spend too much time on the Internet in general. Many would likely benefit from getting everything they need done there within an hour each morning then disconnecting for the rest of the day.

Breakage

I think there is something sad about the fact that there is no going back to the days before social media. I often wonder what it would be like to live in a developed country where social media only has a slight influence on popular culture and human interaction.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
No. Just because retards gonna tard doesn't mean other people aren't gonna use it right. Same goes for forums such as these.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i heard some theory recently that's pretty cool:

the internet is just like any other tool. what do tools do? they multiply force. a lever or pulley helps you lift things with greater force. a car helps you travel at a greater force. so, apply that to social media. imagine pre-internet social interactions, and multiply that. this is what the internet does. instead of social interactions occuring at the rate and frequency and scale imposed by the natural limits of physics, the internet skips over all of that, and these social interactions happen at faster and faster rates.

for that reason the more you use the tool, the more social interactions you do, the more you are going to get feedback from that tool. people that are always online always see crazy behavior, simply because they are always online. if they checked in less frequently, they would have fewer incidents. each incident is a potential firework point that could fractally expand into any kind of madness. even a silly comment, it can lead to another, and just as easily, the flame wars begin, largely due to the rapid pace of the medium itself. it is like playing with fire.

MorgLaw

Neo Member
The social media are for everyone, but not everyone knows how to use them and end to abuse of them. Also I have seen some threads (I don't really remember on which forum) where there were posted all the strangest things that people found on social media.
I have to say that there are people who share things that they have not to share!
So for me - YES!

thenugget

Neo Member
yes, most of social media should be banned and burned down, tbh. most of it is full of rubbish and useless stuff that overloads you really. Ofc, it helps us communicate with people who live further or so, but there are good ones for that that are more like, communication or art oriented. Delete twitter, fb, tiktok, insta

Top Bottom