• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Disney hold Kathleen Kennedy responsible for the fall of Star Wars brand?

VertigoOA

...thinks mods should get a real job.
Jan 15, 2018
There’s no way to fix Star Wars without selling it back to Lucas and having him redo the whole damn thing.

it’s over.

Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson and discount Spielberg fucked it all up in the worst way.

dead ip

LucasArtS was a legendary game developer. A trailblazer in the pc realm just as Lucasfilm was an innovative force in film. Shutting it down... Right then you knew Disney is fucking clueless.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
This is looking like it will make a very significant amount less than the 2nd movie of the series. When your finale is doing this relatively poorly, you know the audiences just didn't care about how it ended. And I can't blame them.

What is there to care about? They ruined the best character idea they've had in a long time (Finn) and there's no meaningful characterization for the main character (Rey). Kylo looked like he could have been an interesting character, but never quite got there. And Poe is a glorified extra. What reason have they given us to care in any way whatsoever about the ending of this story?

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
This is looking like it will make a very significant amount less than the 2nd movie of the series. When your finale is doing this relatively poorly, you know the audiences just didn't care about how it ended. And I can't blame them.

What is there to care about? They ruined the best character idea they've had in a long time (Finn) and there's no meaningful characterization for the main character (Rey). Kylo looked like he could have been an interesting character, but never quite got there. And Poe is a glorified extra. What reason have they given us to care in any way whatsoever about the ending of this story?
A lot to agree with here. I was really interested to see where Finn would go - there was definitely some potential to do something interesting with him. Poe.. honestly I'd struggle to pick him out in a line-up, he was just bland, and the problems with Rey are well-documented.

Grinchy

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
A lot to agree with here. I was really interested to see where Finn would go - there was definitely some potential to do something interesting with him. Poe.. honestly I'd struggle to pick him out in a line-up, he was just bland, and the problems with Rey are well-documented.
Imagine how fucking great it would have been if Finn was the main character. We'd see what led him to becoming a stormtrooper, the mental and emotional torture he faced from Phasma, his commanding officer. Maybe she tormented him more than most and took a fucked up joy in it.

His disobeying a direct order to murder innocents and his escape would have had so much more meaning, and his fighting back against the extremely powerful enemy he barely escaped from who traumatized him for years of his life would have had more meaning too. He'd have a real fear of joining the resistance and the audience would be able to feel it along with him.

Last edited:

manfestival

Nov 12, 2009
I am kinda surprised about the amount of hate that JJ is getting in here. LIke... I kinda get it about Rian Johnson and others in other IPs but... I havw always found him to be pretty solid in his line of work and pretty consistent. I get people are really bitter about the Star Wars situation. He deserves some critique for sure but the blame should go to the person that gets paid the big money to accept responsibility. Also find it weird that people are just saying that people are inferring that he is bad or has no good products.