• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show me your arts, GAF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not my art. I cant draw shit, but had to post this UBI guy's Axelay art. As one of my fav games, this guy's art is awesome and spot on.

Here's one of his examples, which are all similar. High quality and detailed action pics.

tomi-vaisanen-unkai-midboss.jpg

JCK75

I'm a total novice all around but I love learning Blender and I made a lot of improvement over the years
these while still pretty mediocre are the best things I've done, I've stopped to go back to actual drawing to improve there.. and once I can actually draw hands properly maybe I'll be able to sculpt properly too and
will go back to it again.

7ATOv02.jpg

gH7qh1D.png

Last edited:

Tschumi

A few half-finished ones and a finished one...

xvc5aBG.jpg

Kinda ruined this one with the giant kiddy-style whale breach, but enjoyed the rest of it hugely

e4Kpkeo.jpg

I've drawn better mountain huts in axonometric before, but this one was a nice return to the mode - had been a while...
latAMmG.jpg

I gave up on this drawing of my Japanese 'hometown' from memory when i got the scale wrong after taking a break for a night's sleep.

Tschumi

I'm NOT PASSING THIS OFF AS MINE, this is a drawing recently attributed to Van Gogh... I'm just saying... Nice, you can struggle a little bit with foreshortening shoes and still be Vinvent Van Gogh

positivityyyy

iO1h5UV.jpg

Tschumi

rSw8wno.jpg

this is unfinished, actually it's a shot of me testing out frames to fit it hence the weird background...

i have had an idea for a while to superimpose colourful patterns over some of my most dense penwork

There are probably dozens of parts to this drawing that I really don't like, (going Toppi in the bottom left corner was bushleague) but I'm hoping that the colour standing out will convert the background more into a texture than an actual image... the background does tell a story though - relates a feeling I was having at the time at least

.... these things always come from my head, not basing it off anything

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
rSw8wno.jpg

this is unfinished, actually it's a shot of me testing out frames to fit it hence the weird background...

i have had an idea for a while to superimpose colourful patterns over some of my most dense penwork

There are probably dozens of parts to this drawing that I really don't like, (going Toppi in the bottom left corner was bushleague) but I'm hoping that the colour standing out will convert the background more into a texture than an actual image... the background does tell a story though - relates a feeling I was having at the time at least

.... these things always come from my head, not basing it off anything
You are very talented.

Tschumi

Do you post your stuff online anywhere? I'd love to see more.
snap, how awesome.. not really, i've uploaded a fair few to this thread over the... year... or whatever it's been...

there's this, it's not exhaustive but it's got a few :)

If you think i could turn it into monies i'd love to hear it :p it's a little dream of mine to establish it as a side-income :messenger_grinning_sweat: any extra motivation helps defeat my impostor syndrome

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
snap, how awesome.. not really, i've uploaded a fair few to this thread over the... year... or whatever it's been...

there's this, it's not exhaustive but it's got a few :)

If you think i could turn it into monies i'd love to hear it :p it's a little dream of mine to establish it as a side-income :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I would buy a print of yours. I am not quite sure how artists get their start online, but yeah, I think you've got a style that resonates with, at the very least, myself.

My only rec, as someone who has spent time in the print industry, is to make sure whoever does your prints, just make sure they do quality work.

Keep going, as I do believe you could turn it into a side gig.

Tschumi

I would buy a print of yours. I am not quite sure how artists get their start online, but yeah, I think you've got a style that resonates with, at the very least, myself.

My only rec, as someone who has spent time in the print industry, is to make sure whoever does your prints, just make sure they do quality work.

Keep going, as I do believe you could turn it into a side gig.
dude, what a fantastic post, defo up there in my time with neogaf...

Can i pick your mind? You mention making prints, do you mean reproductions? Or applications to products like tshirts or bags? If you have any wisdom I'd be all ears... I have a feeling Japan's got some pretty legit printers, they like them their prints and inks

I recently met a lady here in tokyo, she was drawing in a cafe and i talked shop with her, she said her first break was renting a gallery space and inviting people to come check it out - she had a book full of commissions from that... was thinking i might give that a go

.. I've been meaning to start up the next part of that colour series, I'll give it a go, i'm trying to think up the theory behind whatever superimposition i come up with next... and content for the dense background

If I can get this going i'll grab ur deets and send u a print <3

Last edited:

Tschumi

Here´s a couple of b&w pencil drawings I did waaaay back in 1992 + another more recent one done with crayons in 2012....
RQRNNHx.jpg
oKk2RTZ.jpg
AffYyOP.jpg
Y4j1D8E.jpg
4 solid gold hits... i love the idea of the spider's shadow revealing more detail... that's intense <3 and your tree is fantastic

CHEROKEEE

4 solid gold hits... i love the idea of the spider's shadow revealing more detail... that's intense <3 and your tree is fantastic
THANX !! The 3 b&w where actually done for my application folder for an Art/Design School back then... and... I got rejected. (...) probably because my shitty Grades :messenger_dizzy:The following frustration sadly killed all my motivation for pursuing Art as a Career/Job .... and so drawing remained being a mere Hobby ever since. :messenger_pensive::messenger_neutral:

Tschumi

CHEROKEEE CHEROKEEE that's pretty stunning, i can't imagine why a design school wouldn't give that tree a shot, i defintely see some good ideas/approaches in there, well man thanks for sharing

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
dude, what a fantastic post, defo up there in my time with neogaf...

Can i pick your mind? You mention making prints, do you mean reproductions? Or applications to products like tshirts or bags? If you have any wisdom I'd be all ears... I have a feeling Japan's got some pretty legit printers, they like them their prints and inks

I recently met a lady here in tokyo, she was drawing in a cafe and i talked shop with her, she said her first break was renting a gallery space and inviting people to come check it out - she had a book full of commissions from that... was thinking i might give that a go

.. I've been meaning to start up the next part of that colour series, I'll give it a go, i'm trying to think up the theory behind whatever superimposition i come up with next... and content for the dense background

If I can get this going i'll grab ur deets and send u a print <3
I’ll PM you. Just about to workout so give me a few.

I started getting into 3D recently because as a photographer due to the massive lockdowns, cant use studios, cant get a group of people to shoot etc so I thought hey let me then learn to create my own stuff for fun. I went with Blender, its free and tons of great tutorials. Trying out a lot of styles until I feel which one really resonates with me:

The doughnut is like the right of passage for blender lol:
uR3okTp.jpg

And then I did a low-poly stile of my old neighbourhood where I lived as a kid:

T2IpFaw.jpg

Ionian

Forgot to add "A bit of a twist on a popular poem..." Thanks

This guy actually PM'd me to "fuck Off", he's lucky screenshots are down.

His post " Today at 3:33 PM

The fuck you calling me out for like some plagarist you shitwad"

thread title "show me your arts". There has copies on that's for around as long as I can remember and is mass produced for gift-shops.

The question is, if he isn't Margaret, who might this bandit be? haha

Last edited:

Solarstrike

This guy actually PM'd me to "fuck Off", he's lucky screenshots are down.

His post " Today at 3:33 PM

The fuck you calling me out for like some plagarist you shitwad"

thread title "show me your arts". There has copies on that's for around as long as I can remember and is mass produced for gift-shops.

The question is, if he isn't Margaret, who might this bandit be? haha

Why be an asshole about it? There was no reason for you to call me out for a piece of artwork I made and shared. Wtf?! Who the fck do you think you are? I'm not some plagarist. It was late, I was tired, was going through my old files and thought I'd share a piece I did. I forgot to add credit for the poem. I usually give credit in my posts where due. You didn't need to air this. Grow up. I did the coloring effects (blood and stains) are from GIMP (art program). Word layout and font are by Microsoft Word. Naughty Dog did the black "Firefly" and "feather" art assets which are available in the public domain. If you have seen this exact piece in art shops, there's not really anything I can do about it. I put the piece together in so people can enjoy.

Last edited:

Ionian

Why be an asshole about it? There was no reason for you to call me out for a piece of artwork I made and shared. Wtf?! Who the fck do you think you are? I'm not some plagarist. It was late, I was tired, was going through my old files and thought I'd share a piece I did. I forgot to add credit for the poem. I usually give credit in my posts where due. You didn't need to air this. Grow up.

OK I sent a nice reply but honestly man, just think about this.

My post was "Congrats Margaret". That is it. Who is Joel? Confusing and yeah stay off the abusive PMs please. There's no need.

Let's start again, yeah? I laughed at your PMS.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

OK I sent a nice reply but honestly man, just think about this.

My post was "Congrats Margaret". That is it. Who is Joel? Confusing and yeah stay off the abusive PMs please. There's no need.

Let's start again, yeah? I laughed at your PMS.

Who's Margaret? What's hell is going on with the PM? Joel was murdered no reason and in coping with his death I thought I'd put together a nice piece of art in his honor. I dabble with Microsoft Paint and GIMP (free art program) now and then. Cheers!

The Fartist

Gold Member
Whipped this watercolor up today, I think I'm gonna do a series of these as a little homage to MGS. After starring at low-poly Snake for so long I realized how efficient and masterful Kojima's team was at conveying so much with so little. Using watercolors just makes so much sense, it's fucking difficult, though. Ocelot is next.

GFx8W3z.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom