• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show me your arts, GAF

GAMETA

Banned
Post your art stuff: drawings, paintings, 3D, anything.

I start:

murilo-kleine-girl-3.jpg

Dear mods, I looked and didn't find an official or active thread. :)

Alfen Dave

Most people here probably don't draw.
If they do, probably not as good as you.

Low-key feels like a brag thread tbh :messenger_smirking:
Your painting looks quite good, and I guess every post following yours will be lower level work.
But take all of this as a compliment bro.

Edit: While I was writing, haxan7 haxan7 made the first post, and you guys tell me;
Was I wrong?

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

Your painting looks quite good, and I guess every post following yours will be lower level work.

Edit: While I was writing, haxan7 haxan7 made the first post, and you guys tell me;
Was I wrong?
they will blow your mind with the art they post

GAMETA

Banned

Was I wrong?

Thanks, man. Not a brag thread, tho :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I mean, it's nice to get feedback but I do enjoy seeing other people's work.

There are some really good artists out there, I've met some amazing illustrators, 3D artists and musicians on gaming forums :messenger_tears_of_joy:

GAMETA

Banned
I bought a drawing tablet years back to mess around with - ended up doing these two and never touching it again, unfortunately.

TWYngNw.jpg

q5J8kwI.jpg
But do you still draw by hand or anything similar?

I stopped drawing for a long time too, I was focused on learning 3D modeling which is my main area of work.. turns out the 3D knowledge helped me a lot with my drawings :)

MastAndo

Gold Member
But do you still draw by hand or anything similar?

I stopped drawing for a long time too, I was focused on learning 3D modeling which is my main area of work.. turns out the 3D knowledge helped me a lot with my drawings :)
Not really, just very, very casually - like drawing on Post-It notes at work while I'm on hold kind of casual. :)

I could just never get to a place where I wanted to be, technically or creatively, so I just lost interest.

GAMETA

Banned
Not really, just very, very casually - like drawing on Post-It notes at work while I'm on hold kind of casual. :)

I could just never get to a place where I wanted to be, technically or creatively, so I just lost interest.

I know the feeling... if you still like arts tho, you should try doing related stuff as a hobby. Sculpting is awesome for understanding volume, photography can help with composition, 3D for orientation, volume and perspective... I want to start painting traditional and carving at some point :)

GAMETA

Banned
Pq4Xh96.jpg

Drawn in Flash ~15 years ago
Damn, from the image I thought it was a 3D model... looks pretty cool

I could never get the hang of doing stuff with vectors, I makes me want to punch the monitor when I can't get the curves right :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nymphae

Banned
Pretty cool, man. Post more :)

Thanks! Here's a couple more things:

FnUa6WM.jpg

I made this decal when I was working at the sign shop since I had access to a lot of scrap vinyl. Put this on my guitar amp, and used a heat gun and metal brush to mold it into the texture.

Some spider thing:

MmRVoiV.jpg

Some other weird thing, this was a really big drawing and I had to stitch a few scans together:

h03y01a.jpg

highrider

Banned
Here’s a recent piece on metal, using water based latex and automotive finish/ink. It’s hard to fully capture in photos because it has body plastic under the finish giving it added depth, and about 30 mils of automotive clear.

shW3dI7.jpg

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
Here’s a recent piece on metal, using water based latex and automotive finish/ink. It’s hard to fully capture in photos because it has body plastic under the finish giving it added depth, and about 30 mils of automotive clear.

shW3dI7.jpg
Pretty cool, man! I tried abstract on canvas once... it's pretty fun, although it's hard to know when to stop.

Do you sell your work? I know a guy that paints realism very well on oil but only find clients for his abstract work :messenger_tears_of_joy:

highrider

Banned
Pretty cool, man! I tried abstract on canvas once... it's pretty fun, although it's hard to know when to stop.

Do you sell your work? I know a guy that paints realism very well on oil but only find clients for his abstract work :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Thanks man, yeah I do sell work and do some design stuff, I still have a day job painting cars, but I’m hoping to spend my old coot years pursuing it full time. Feel free to take a gander at my mediocre web site 👍

Last edited:
M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing work, man

What kind of materials do you use? I image weight is a huge factor.

Wonder Bowl is made Out of PVC board which is a light weight foam. It's completely hollow inside apart from a simple steel frame and LEDs which are used to light up the acrylic letters. The surround is 0.6mm brass sheet.

PappaRich and Edward Scissorhands are made out of 4.5mm opal acrylic with gold/black vinyl applied to them.

The returns (the walls) are put through an oven then molded into the correct shape using a timber template. They are then taped and glued to the face. A backing that houses the LEDs is inserted into the back of the sign/letter.

omINV7F.jpg

y4gYls6.jpg

c9Qh22M.jpg

Top Bottom