• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show me your arts, GAF

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Awesome. That suit looks newly polished. I like that surface rendering., and your use of bright colors reflects how striking her suit is. That bounce light seals it.

Thank you so much! ❤

I admit, I can hardly look at any of my art without focusing soley on its flaws...but I'm sure most artists are like that. One of my goals within the next year is to just draw and see what happens...trying to avoid focusing on the negatives. Actually, I need to do that in every aspect of myself.

Baby steps. :)

Codes 208

88fxkv4.jpg

0uf30Yh.jpg

ended upgoing for a redesign for Dominis (originally i wanted him to be a godzilla sized maine coon, but now I prefer making him a siamese as a nod to my late little buddy Jaeger)

the design is mildly influenced by godzilla: the series, and im still working out the kinks with what i want his final design to be. When i start working on the actual project i may opt for black and white as i feel im better with sketch and lineart than colored.

Belmonte

idk I think I might have to give up on shading like this. I really like trying to imply form, with hatching, but it doesn't look very good and takes too long.

I agree with Somnium. Obviously, you do you but I think your hatching gives an extra depth to your drawings.

Really great art in here, everyone! I love all the varying styles. Thank you for sharing! ❤

I haven't drawn really anything in a couple of years, but here is one of the more recent ones (although, I never went back to tidy it up completely.)

dc73onp-39300a4d-0b9f-4cdb-b4d3-dfc11c2a7d61.png

Cool pose and colors! I liked how you bleed the green into the yellow and red. Gave the illustration a more alien vibe!

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to make stuff everyday.

I've come to the conclusion I have no exact style it seems.
I'm equally mediocre in them all!
(I'm gonna try digital water color next! Prepare your bodies..)

Last edited by a moderator:

mortal

Gold Member
Trying to make stuff everyday.

I've come to the conclusion I have no exact style it seems.
I'm equally mediocre in them all!
(I'm gonna try digital water color next! Prepare your bodies..)

GC5p11H.jpg
Pretty stylish character and confident lines, although the BG tone doesn't let her pop out as much imo. Yea experimenting with different styles can be a little fun. It can help with crafting your own aesthetic voice.

If you feel mediocre with any particular style, maybe do some follow up drawings to explore that style a little further. Approaching it like a you're drawing in a sketchbook, could even give yourself a little head canon and treat them like episodic drawings.

mortal

Gold Member
This stuff is beyond slick. Nice fusion of animu visual style + realistic proportions. You do this stuff for yo jawb? (Sorry if I missed an earlier discussion about it)
I really appreciate that. I'm a big fan of anime and realism. Most of my past work has leaned much more into realistic painting type of stuff.
Mainly for personal reasons, I've been learning and practicing animation, part of which includes developing a style I'd enjoy working with.

mango drank

I really appreciate that. I'm a big fan of anime and realism. Most of my past work has leaned much more into realistic painting type of stuff.
Mainly for personal reasons, I've been learning and practicing animation, part of which includes developing a style I'd enjoy working with.

Digital painting, or you mean oils and such? You weren't into that? Takes too long?

mortal

Gold Member
Digital painting, or you mean oils and such? You weren't into that? Takes too long?
Digital Painting for sure. Acrylics were my preferred traditional medium. I have nothing against oils, it just never clicked with me as much.
There were always a bit more expensive compared to acrylics, so I suppose that might've been a deciding factor.

Thank you whoever liked this. I really appreciate it. I haven't done this in years and was thinking about getting back into it. It may have helped. Some others I found

FaithfulConcernedGoosefish-size_restricted.gif
ClutteredTameBluegill-size_restricted.gif

DismalMealyHusky-size_restricted.gif
PlayfulPleasantDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Codes 208

I recently got back into working on my Legend of Knil comics (it’s a parody of OoT.) unfortunately the file size was too large so here’s a link to the Archive on webtoons

Last edited:

Makariel

I've found some time to work on my Tyranids:

YSq7rmM.jpg

That's based on a coconut crab scheme I found on youtube, but with my own spin on it. I also found the time to finally paint Space Pope:

l9gaa3q.jpg

I bought this guy almost 20 years ago! Actually quite good details for such an old model. Base not quite finished in the picture above. The colours are inspired by paintings of Cardinal Richelieu.

Now I'm painting a Aeldari Farseer for my wife:

uHc1xfv.jpg

She had all the hard work of deciding on a colour scheme, now all I have to do is follow her instructions ;)

mortal

Gold Member
im in a bit of a rut :/
Sounds like boredom lol. Maybe learning some new techniques or apps can help? Even doing other things you're interested in outside of art could help.

I've found the best ways to get myself out of ruts is to go do other things. Whenever I come back to being creative, I want do things outside of my usual wheelhouse.
I tend to gravitate towards graphic design or motion design stuff, makes for a good change of pace, since I always end up learning a lot of cool things I can make use of.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
Really great art in here, everyone! I love all the varying styles. Thank you for sharing! ❤

I haven't drawn really anything in a couple of years, but here is one of the more recent ones (although, I never went back to tidy it up completely.)

dc73onp-39300a4d-0b9f-4cdb-b4d3-dfc11c2a7d61.png

My first thought was "that would make a killer tattoo".

Top Bottom