• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show me your arts, GAF

MetalAlien

Banned
A Terminator I was building for a movie before it got canceled. These were just tests, nothing was finished.
Wi471zS.jpg

krgd9s1.jpg

autcvPW.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you whoever liked this. I really appreciate it. I haven't done this in years and was thinking about getting back into it. It may have helped. Some others I found

FaithfulConcernedGoosefish-size_restricted.gif
ClutteredTameBluegill-size_restricted.gif

DismalMealyHusky-size_restricted.gif
PlayfulPleasantDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif
God damn, that second one when her head swings around and looks down at, what I can only assume is an engorged member, had me literally lol'ing!

I love your art style, Belmonte Belmonte . It reminds me of my own but you have a better handle on drawing faces. Especially female faces. And you add these little details I wouldn't have thought of like the nicked ear on the red-haired swordsman and the hilt/crossguard of his sword.

I want to upload some of my artwork but I don't have access to a scanner at home so I have to wait a little while longer. Very inspiring to see your work though. Keep up the good work.

Belmonte

I love your art style, Belmonte Belmonte . It reminds me of my own but you have a better handle on drawing faces. Especially female faces. And you add these little details I wouldn't have thought of like the nicked ear on the red-haired swordsman and the hilt/crossguard of his sword.

I want to upload some of my artwork but I don't have access to a scanner at home so I have to wait a little while longer. Very inspiring to see your work though. Keep up the good work.

Many thanks Grand Theft Scratchy Grand Theft Scratchy ! Has been a rough week work-wise so I appreciate your comment a lot. :messenger_fistbump:

Hope you can access a scanner soon, man. Some people say a true artist die for his art but I think it is better to wait the virus go away to get one!

Many thanks Grand Theft Scratchy Grand Theft Scratchy ! Has been a rough week work-wise so I appreciate your comment a lot. :messenger_fistbump:

Hope you can access a scanner soon, man. Some people say a true artist die for his art but I think it is better to wait the virus go away to get one!
I think you should post more about your indie game sometime too, when you're ready, I mean. I'd like to see what the story is behind these characters.

I wish I had saved a couple character concept arts for a fantasy story like four to five years ago. It had this island setting reminiscent of Chrono Cross/Final Fantasy X. I never really get to the writing process but I enjoy trying to draw what I envision. It's a very therapeutic feeling to see what comes from my mind's eye onto a piece of paper.

Belmonte

I think you should post more about your indie game sometime too, when you're ready, I mean. I'd like to see what the story is behind these characters.

I wish I had saved a couple character concept arts for a fantasy story like four to five years ago. It had this island setting reminiscent of Chrono Cross/Final Fantasy X. I never really get to the writing process but I enjoy trying to draw what I envision. It's a very therapeutic feeling to see what comes from my mind's eye onto a piece of paper.

Many thanks for the interest!

Unfortunately, since I'm a noob programmer, learning how to do it along the way, there is not much to show yet. Right now my game have only sketches as animations and I'm trying to code the grab (it is a 2D brawler, a beat em up). When the characters have more moves, I post a video here!

The last characters I made were for portfolio purposes, not for the game, but one day I wish to make a RPG also. I love the genre.

God taste, Final Fantasy X and Chrono Cross have very appealing settings! If you find the characters, post here! Or you can make them again. It is a good creative exercise to redraw old works.

Btw is photography allowed here? I know we used to have a proper OT for that but its long dead. Ima studio portrait photographer but because of COvid I decided to just go for something completely different and started adding some surrealism to it (body manipulating, external light sources etc) so actually now im turning my serious portraits into like "visual art". If allowed Ill post here.

Belmonte

Ok, since Grand Theft Scratchy Grand Theft Scratchy asked, here is the progress of my game:

The animations, graphics and (lack of) background are very far from being finished. In fact, they are only sketches made for visualization. It is easier to code and create hitboxes, hurtboxes and organize the animator with these sketches.

When the code is somewhat ok, with almost everything in place and working, I will take my time creating the proper graphics. It will take ages since even for the simple result you see in this video, there are almost 100 individual drawings. And this is why I didn't polish anything yet. If I can recognize the animation is a punch animation, it is good at this stage of development.

Belmonte

Street of rage jungle edition ?

Did you find the character design SOR influenced? Hehe, it wasn't my intention but it is a good thing.

There is a little influence of 80/90s anime in my drawings, something I'm trying to increase btw, so perhaps this is why you found similarities.

These characters won't be in my game though. I made them to update my character portfolio.

GAMETA

Banned
Continuing on the quest with watercolors. I need to buy bigger brushes and work on loosing the strokes. I'm seeing lots of videos on the media online, I think I'm making progress.

I need to work on mixing colors for shadows and being acertive, it's right now my biggest insecurity and I fucked up some pieces because of that already.

Some feedback would be nice :)
jbxUNE2.jpg

Belmonte

A background this time:

VABQO3Q.jpg

Continuing on the quest with watercolors. I need to buy bigger brushes and work on loosing the strokes. I'm seeing lots of videos on the media online, I think I'm making progress.

I need to work on mixing colors for shadows and being acertive, it's right now my biggest insecurity and I fucked up some pieces because of that already.

Some feedback would be nice :)
jbxUNE2.jpg

Very nice! My favorite is the first one, the city, cool highlights and color choice! How difficult is to work with watercolors? I always wanted to try it but seems very hard.

GAMETA

Banned
A background this time:

VABQO3Q.jpg

Very nice! My favorite is the first one, the city, cool highlights and color choice! How difficult is to work with watercolors? I always wanted to try it but seems very hard.
Valeu man! ;)

I liked yours as well, pretty cool style.

It's not difficult at all, at least not to do this stuff that I did. You can work in layers, adding more contrast slowly. The problematic part is planning the highlights before starting, coming from digital it's kind confusing.

Top Bottom