• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show me your arts, GAF

Kev Kev

ive never really drawn or painted anything. i had all these supplies laying around and just started going for it a month or so ago, and its been really relaxing, enjoyable and rewarding. i never know what the hell im doing i just do whatever i feel like and its really been scratching my creativity itch... heres my next work in progress

tZ4hu6I.jpg
jAXZXTw.jpg
QxR4HsI.jpg
LuBpvym.jpg

Last edited:

luffie

After a long time of absence, I'm back!

I made this painting with a kickstarter artbook in mind on 2019. But ever since the pandemic, I'm just having doubts and low self esteem worrying if it will be successful.
So rather than just keeping it aside, I thought why not just post it here first and perhaps i can get some useful feedback.

edric-luffie-nameless-king-web.jpg

Every artwork will probably have some short story written by me to accompany it, and here's the Nameless King's story:

An immortal god desires no true heir, for if he is able, he will rule forever.
Every children that is born from Gwyn, is meant to serve a purpose in establishing his kingdom. Such was the vision of Gwyn and the 4 Lords, that they would carve their divine empire to every inch of the world, and rule unopposed for eternity.

But Gwyn is neither omnipotent, nor omnipresent. To establish his vast kingdom, he needs to be able to reach out and counter his increasing opponents. And thus a son was born, molded for the very purpose of war.

Taking up the mantle of God of War, he grew up to be fearsome and powerful, wielding the same lightning powers that Gwyn use to eliminate the dragons. He also fashioned himself a unique weapon, that serves to destroy the dragons even more efficiently, which was soon adapted by Gwyn’s own personal knight, Dragonslayer Ornstein. Together, they were a force to be reckoned, vanquishing opponents in the far corners of the world as if Gwyn himself was there.

Yet, beyond the foresight of the gods, the God of War turn against his father to protect the very beings he was made to destroy. Rumor has it that his betrayal happened when he met Kalameet the Ancient Dragon, as both of them were later seen side by side destroying Gwyn’s army and anything that threaten what’s left of the dragons. Gwyn was furious, that his most powerful general is now his enemy. It wasn’t because of his kinship, that Gwyn did not kill his son, but because of what he has become. The God of War possess almost the same power that Gwyn has, or perhaps even more powerful for he has been molded by numerous battles, and he has the almighty dragons to aid him. Besting him is a big gamble that Gwyn will not risk, and even victory might cost a very high price.

And thus the safest choice was to cast him out, if he can be restricted to a limited boundary beyond the kingdom, then his influence and capacity to retaliate will be severely limited. The God of War was also wary of the consequences of retaliation. While he is mighty, the dragons are endangered, and his numbers cannot compete with the entire army of the gods. Thus both made the silent agreement of not stepping over the boundaries and stayed within their domain. In act of fury and pettiness, Gwyn erases every single trace of his son’s presence from the kingdom. There will be no mention of him in any records, and no image of him shall remain. Since then, Gwyn never had another son. And the god of war became, the Nameless King.

IG: edricluffie
Those who wants to see close ups can see it here: https://www.artstation.com/edric

Belmonte

After a long time of absence, I'm back!

I made this painting with a kickstarter artbook in mind on 2019. But ever since the pandemic, I'm just having doubts and low self esteem worrying if it will be successful.
So rather than just keeping it aside, I thought why not just post it here first and perhaps i can get some useful feedback.

edric-luffie-nameless-king-web.jpg

Every artwork will probably have some short story written by me to accompany it, and here's the Nameless King's story:

An immortal god desires no true heir, for if he is able, he will rule forever.
Every children that is born from Gwyn, is meant to serve a purpose in establishing his kingdom. Such was the vision of Gwyn and the 4 Lords, that they would carve their divine empire to every inch of the world, and rule unopposed for eternity.

But Gwyn is neither omnipotent, nor omnipresent. To establish his vast kingdom, he needs to be able to reach out and counter his increasing opponents. And thus a son was born, molded for the very purpose of war.

Taking up the mantle of God of War, he grew up to be fearsome and powerful, wielding the same lightning powers that Gwyn use to eliminate the dragons. He also fashioned himself a unique weapon, that serves to destroy the dragons even more efficiently, which was soon adapted by Gwyn’s own personal knight, Dragonslayer Ornstein. Together, they were a force to be reckoned, vanquishing opponents in the far corners of the world as if Gwyn himself was there.

Yet, beyond the foresight of the gods, the God of War turn against his father to protect the very beings he was made to destroy. Rumor has it that his betrayal happened when he met Kalameet the Ancient Dragon, as both of them were later seen side by side destroying Gwyn’s army and anything that threaten what’s left of the dragons. Gwyn was furious, that his most powerful general is now his enemy. It wasn’t because of his kinship, that Gwyn did not kill his son, but because of what he has become. The God of War possess almost the same power that Gwyn has, or perhaps even more powerful for he has been molded by numerous battles, and he has the almighty dragons to aid him. Besting him is a big gamble that Gwyn will not risk, and even victory might cost a very high price.

And thus the safest choice was to cast him out, if he can be restricted to a limited boundary beyond the kingdom, then his influence and capacity to retaliate will be severely limited. The God of War was also wary of the consequences of retaliation. While he is mighty, the dragons are endangered, and his numbers cannot compete with the entire army of the gods. Thus both made the silent agreement of not stepping over the boundaries and stayed within their domain. In act of fury and pettiness, Gwyn erases every single trace of his son’s presence from the kingdom. There will be no mention of him in any records, and no image of him shall remain. Since then, Gwyn never had another son. And the god of war became, the Nameless King.

IG: edricluffie
Those who wants to see close ups can see it here: https://www.artstation.com/edric

Really cool painting! Your values are spot on, which makes the Gwin's lighting bolts pop up a lot! Great desaturated colors also.

This is seriously good enough to be in instruction manuals that are packaged with games (or used to be) :goog_cool:

Many thanks man! I'm glad you like it!

carlosrox

Banned
Nothing artistic at the moment as I have been in a bit of a slump lately (happens to me all the time) but I thought this was a funny rework of a memorable scene.

Top Bottom