• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show me your arts, GAF

highrider

Banned
I’ve been working on videos a lot in the last year mostly to document my work as a kind of resume. I’ve found I’ve really enjoyed the process of just getting better at making them.

Im particularly proud of these because they are my first where I composed the music as well. Almost every video of this trade is kind of presented in a dull way. I’d like the videos to be more artistic. A master craft presented where it could be visually interesting to someone who wasn’t necessarily interested in refinishing.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Almost done with Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood so here a fanart :

First 1-bit (2 colors)
7UPM7Gt.png

I used to spend hours painting cars in Forza. I really loved how much a person could make with a bunch of random shapes.

3hg3iAR.jpg

3dfYqrq.jpg

QYYmpvH.jpg

sjLJYCz.jpg

ZIzc1t4.jpg

I mostly stopped after Forza 4 when my storefront was completely wiped by the moderators for having Calvin pissing on the Ford logo stamped on one of my cars which really knocked the wind out of my sails. Now I really only do race car replicas or simple paint jobs once in a while.

Album

Now most of my artistic side is directed at building and painting model kits.

Belmonte

Finally I could code the grab movements. Very hard for a beginner like me. I put an old painting I made as background to make it more interesting to watch. It is a concept art for an old run n gun project I tried to make on Construct 2 some years ago. I probably won't use paintings as background for the brawler but the mood between the projects are kind of similar.

Dacon

Banned
Finally I could code the grab movements. Very hard for a beginner like me. I put an old painting I made as background to make it more interesting to watch. It is a concept art for an old run n gun project I tried to make on Construct 2 some years ago. I probably won't use paintings as background for the brawler but the mood between the projects are kind of similar.

That's fucking cool. I used to dream about being able to do stuff like this.

Belmonte

That's fucking cool. I used to dream about being able to do stuff like this.

Many thanks man! It has been a hell of a ride to study code along with the art part. Last year I did a Udemy C# course for a very good price. Recommend a lot! With your art you could easily get a partner to make a game though.

Finally making some progress, gonna try to finish this today.
1qbfv9N.png

s1mz2fg.png

Very nice. I'm glad you didn't stop to making the hatching. Gives a lot of volume!

Here is something I threw together for Evangelion. The video is inspired by the Menu intro on the 2.22 Rebuild Movie. I wanted to create something similar to that but a video that fitted the dark tone of 3.33.

Last edited:

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Here is something I threw together for Evangelion. The video is inspired by the Menu intro on the 2.22 Rebuild Movie. I wanted to create something similar to that but a video that fitted the dark tone of 3.33.

That was cool. See I didnt even think about stuff like this. I've made a few like this myself. I'll share one as well if it applies.

Kev Kev

finally finished this one. i was kind of stuck when i first started, but as soon as i started with the swirly things that outline the painting, it really took off. lighting sucks in my pictures btu whatever

3B0IVv3.jpg

WzEwu34.jpg

HVjAu61.jpg

7YBbfzd.jpg

dK8TCS6.jpg

0KptqKZ.jpg

ZESezqP.jpg

LavO1oq.jpg

3B0IVv3.jpg

also, it almost goes without saying, but the shit you guys are posting in here is insaaaaannneeee!!!! y'all are crazy talented, thank you for sharing.

carlosrox

Banned

Aw you shoulda let the whole track play! It's even better later.

That track gives me life. I love how it's used when Griffith talks about Guts, and later on when Guts defeats him. It's gorgeous. And I love the English Dub version with it too. Too bad I can't seem to find that scene/dub on Youtube anywhere.

That track inspires some of my art and it's great to listen to while making some of this stuff.

Last edited:

Mr Branding

Dunno if this is against the rules, but mods please delete if so:
I've been a digital graphic designer for 10 years-ish and have my fair share of projects under my belt. Please visit my website in my bio or my social accounts for extensive portfolios of my works.
Anyhow, for an appetizer here's poly dragon:

Nr03OUV.jpg

Finished a new project. Basically I had all this planned out that I wanted a creepy looking doll girl as a subject but then thought to switch it up and afterwards edit it with ton of different brushes and some dripping actions to make it even more messed up to look like a horror painting:

4sKCsI9.jpg

You can view the whole project here:

Last edited:

Belmonte

This is what I have arrived at on this one, I think I'm gonna give it up here though, iunno it's not really pushing my button if you know what I mean.
e117ca4c6b42435499f90d5aae9b1892c643a898.jpg

Nice drawing/pose. I like how you separate Jill from Nemesis with the white contour but one thing which would make even better is if you make her outlines thicker. Would pop her a lot more!

Top Bottom