• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2008 edition

Adamrogo said:
Here's my gaming room.

Space behind the couch, for my controllers
gaf3.jpg

halo3 motocross madness helmet NOT approved, seriously, it ruins the beauty of Your wonderful play-room :)

Kandrick said:
Uh, this will not end well for you.

You were right, I've been killed by the cruel administrators for image spam(may I LOL for that, yes?), which is actually a very good reason to kill someone, I agreed with them, I was too rude and someone started crying for that, I apologize again :D

Ello said:
8-bit, you do know you could have made all those posts into one big one insted of spamming the thread?

sure friend, but the "effect" wouldn't be the same, anyway, it was just a joke to share some fun with gaffers(I believed gaffers had more sense of humor, I was wrong)

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
You're heading straight for a perma ban unless you edit out all that bolded text and stop making so many posts in a row. You're seriously shitting this thread up.

SlaughterX said:
My new desktop!

Dell XPS 630i
Intel® Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core 2.4GHz Processor
500GB HDD
320GB HDD
3GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM
2x Nvidia 8800GT in SLi
Memory Card Reader w/ Bluetooth
16x DL DVD+RW
Windows Vista Home Premium

Xbox 360 HD-DVD Add-On
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Reciever
Xbox Live Vision Camera

Samsung 226BW 22" LCD Monitor

Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse

I knew you said you were going to get something new but um...wow. Your a modern day hero, you know that?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Tabris said:
All of my furniture is basically from Ikea except for the couch on the right, the artwork, the statues, the bonsai tree and the bamboo tree, so starting from below:
TV Stand - FRIEL, Table - I forget the name but it's from Ikea, Couch - VRETA 3 seat, Cabinet - BILLY bookcase with Glass Doors, DVD Towers - BENNO

You're kitty is sooo adorable! Love your place. My cats love to hang out in our gaming room and watch me play games too!

SUPREME1

Banned
So... 6 of the first 9 posts in this thread all belong to 8-bit?

All in bold for some reason?

*sigh*

Add to that, the annoying blinking effect made by posting too many times in a row. Such disregard for such a classic symbol.

Chairhome

When I clean up a bit, I'll take some pics of my new Entertainment Center. I love it.

Does anyone know where I can get some cool (gaming or otherwise) bookends? I have open shelves on my new EC and my dvds and games keep flopping down.

8-Bit Soul said:
sure friend, but the "effect" wouldn't be the same, anyway, it was just a joke to share some fun with gaffers(I believed gaffers had more sense of humor, I was wrong)
The best thread on the board might not be the best place to share awful jokes.

eXistor

Chairhome said:
When I clean up a bit, I'll take some pics of my new Entertainment Center. I love it.

Does anyone know where I can get some cool (gaming or otherwise) bookends? I have open shelves on my new EC and my dvds and games keep flopping down.

I use the statues that came with the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings.

I just googled lord of the rings bookends and this came up:

6781.jpg

Pretty sweet if you ask me.

I have that same upconverting DVD player... I wonder if there's any particular reason why he has his consoles on the floor next to the TV stand instead of in it...

lionelhutz

SlaughterX said:
I have that same upconverting DVD player... I wonder if there's any particular reason why he has his consoles on the floor next to the TV stand instead of in it...

At least for the 360 it probably breathes a lot better.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
mike23 said:
Who's the artist of the wave painting on your wall?

It's a classic painting called The Great Wave off Kanagawa:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Wave_off_Kanagawa

----------

To contribute:

ipwihk.jpg

My 32" Samsung, NTSC GC, PAL DC and PS3 w/ Eye. My bedroom is lacking space (to say the very least), so I had to "improvise" in placing my stuff. :lol

- Click for a larger picture.

My 14 Blu-rays and 21 PS3 games along with a DVD and some DC games.

Mofo

Time for mine:

l_bc56eaad9ae04a24b02fd2eed67a1378.jpg

l_9299e664939b96d5011e7784438fe46a.jpg

l_82a51b6f5f9edef7c4221171ba5d2838.jpg

l_ef4909270e9409a99a49f329902be11a.jpg

And last, but not least, my Jet Set Radio slot machine:

l_19a0fc84e151b1b71c6fe4eab9a3aa08.jpg

We recently moved and I gained an entire room for my gaming collection, but I'd like to do a few major upgrades over the next few months. At some point I'd like to ditch the old 65 inch Samsung for something new with 1080p and I'd also like to build some shelves so I can get my games out of the old pantry box.

Danielsan

Recently moved so it's still a bit messy. I also desperately need new furniture (my chair is worn down to the max :lol ) and something for on my walls.

kamer1.jpg

kamer2.jpg

DSC01025.jpg

Danielsan said:
Recently moved so it's still a bit messy. I also desperately need new furniture (my chair is worn down to the max :lol ) and something for on my walls.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Shadowheart/kamer1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Shadowheart/kamer2.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Shadowheart/DSC01025.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]Man look at the build-up of white residue on your chair, I wonder where all that came from.

Danielsan

Illuminati said:
Man look at the build-up of white residue on your chair, I wonder where all that came from.
:lol That white residue is actually the fluffy inside of my chair. Like I said the chair is worn down to the max, mainly thanks to my inability to sit still.

Danielsan said:
:lol That white residue is actually the fluffy inside of my chair. Like I said the chair is worn down to the max, mainly thanks to my inability to sit still.
Is your entertainment center backed up to your radiator?

Thrakier

Danielsan said:

DSC01025.jpg

The cat there is sitting with it's asshole on your bed. yummy.

Danielsan said:

kamer1.jpg

What size TV is that? Oh and what size is the monitor? Cool looking setup! Considered hooking up the Xbox to that monitor instead? What would give you the best image?

Danielsan

Manp said:
the radiator helps cooling down the 360

:)
Indeed :p
There is a fair amount of distance between the radiator and the entertainment center + there is a fair amount of distance between the back of my entertainment system and the 360. Shouldn't give me any problems.

Thrakier said:
The cat there is sitting with it's asshole on your bed. yummy.
Sometimes it's just best not to think about these things. :lol As long as she stays near the foot of the bed and doesn't sit on my pillow I think I'll survive.

Solideliquid said:
What size TV is that? Oh and what size is the monitor? Cool looking setup! Considered hooking up the Xbox to that monitor instead? What would give you the best image?
The tv is 26" and the monitor is 22". I'd wager the tv has the better image quality. The monitor has a higher resolution and probably response time aswell but the tv probably produces better colours and besides the tv is already bordering on too small.

just got new front speakers. B&W 683. Moved my B&W 685's to the rears. Still waiting on my Integra RDA Amp. Looking into a Velodyne Digital Driver series sub next :D. Gonna take off that top platform where the TV is standing on and get a plasma mount that mounts to the cabinet (not on wall)I suck at taking pics :p And no, that is not a Hokusai print on the wall. It's a Kozyndan one.

IMG_9621-1.jpg

IMG_9628.jpg

IMG_9624.jpg

IMG_9631.jpg

SUNN O)))
IMG_9632.jpg

Pelican
IMG_9633.jpg

Pelican

Miroku

I have some experience with the Salamander plasma mount. It is really hard to see from the pictures just how massive it is. The struts are 4x4 inches, and the mount puts your TV in a very forward position. I tried it out for about a week but my wife and I decided we hated it and went with wall mounting the plasma instead. Your application may be different, but your room looks about the same size as ours. I think you should be sure you can return the mount if you dont like it. Wall mounting was way better for us, and the HTM3S sounds awesome with nothing on top of it!

Congrats on your 683, theyre really nice speakers!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
SANY0476.jpg

Since added the cheapest 5.1 setup i could find. £100 from Argos - it sucks big hairy balls. The hiss from the rear speakers is usually louder than anything else such as the crowd chants in GH3 but they are good enough for COD4.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
21opuh5.jpg

I got this desk awhile ago, not sure if I posted pics though. Its a very nice desk, the only problem is that since my dog is in my room all the time, she sheds. And it always ends up getting on the desk. I'm guessing the fan blows it up there. Anyway, the White desk and Black haired dog don't go together.

111nply.jpg

I use my new TV as my computer screen, GAF has never looked better.

2rxbh2x.jpg

I just painted these shelfs the other day, used to be brown. The left shelf has Gamecube games one the Bottom, and DS, WoW and CDs on the Top. The book on the very top is something I'm reading right now called "Built To Win". If you are a Atlanta Braves fan like me then you need to read it (Fun Fact: Barry Bonds was a Atlanta Brave for a Day). The right shelf has all my movies (although most of my movies are on my computer now....) and on the top is my PSP games, Controllers and Wii/360 games. Very top is text books.

bey81c.jpg

As you can see, my computer is hidden away behind a door, sometime I need to buy a fan to plug in back there to keep it cooler. The drawer above my computer holds my DS, PSP and Zune. My Keyboad sits on a rollout drawer.

2vmbldu.jpg

This used to be a chair that my father used, but he found a chair that was marked down from $500 for some damage, he got it for $75. He says the original price was $1000 before it was damaged. I don't believe him, who would buy a chair for that much? Anyway I got this chair which is much better than what I had.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Icarus said:
You'd be amazed what office chairs actually cost new ($1K isn't at all unusual for not even the highest end stuff).

True that. I went out to look for a chair just like the red one. I couldn't believe my own eyes when I saw the prices. I still can't actually.

Had to go with Ikea again. Someday I will own one though.

Top Bottom