• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2012 Edition

2011-09-25081917.jpg

I hope you have some curtains for that window....

I'm home for Christmas break. The jury is in, and it is rigged.

Behold, in all its glory, my desktop across an old computer desk and a roll-top desk, next to a homemade projector with wires in every which way hooked up to my surround sound.

In the back, we have a fantastic 192" of premium projection screen material known as top sheets, showcasing the ever beautiful wipEout HD. Unfortunately, the brightness is pretty underplayed by my phone camera.

If you look close enough, you can see by the BluRay player under the PS3 that I have a mirror set up to redirect the remote's signals from my desktop.

EmXAK.png

YK1LC.jpg

It3GQ.png

i3dtu.png

VanWinkle

I'm home for Christmas break. The jury is in, and it is rigged.

Behold, in all its glory, my desktop across an old computer desk and a roll-top desk, next to a homemade projector with wires in every which way hooked up to my surround sound.

In the back, we have a fantastic 192" of premium projection screen material known as top sheets, showcasing the ever beautiful wipEout HD. Unfortunately, the brightness is pretty underplayed by my phone camera.

If you look close enough, you can see by the BluRay player under the PS3 that I have a mirror set up to redirect the remote's signals from my desktop.

EmXAK.png

YK1LC.jpg

It3GQ.png

i3dtu.png

How much did the projector cost to build? Was it a good deal cheaper than buying one, or did you just want to build one for the sake of it? Cool either way.

Az987

all good things
Here is my Home Theater/Gym. Also known as my basement. The TV is a little old and I need to get a new receiver. It's pretty messy too but who gives a shit. I don't really like the HA Joker poster and I'm trying to figure out what to replace it with.

VMyx8.jpg

HMm0f.jpg

vCZof.jpg

sD1Rz.jpg

yDtv2.jpg

Q5rsl.jpg

I was about to ask what that white thing is on the left, then you posted another pic and I can see it's a cool-looking lamp. I'm such a barbarian.
edit: and you removed the Forza setup, I didn't have to use my mind after all.

Heh, it's like a $20 lamp at Ikea. The girl and I are saving up for a house of our own so it's kind of cheaply thrown together. Trust me, besides the TV almost everything is just shopping around for deals (and the TV needs replacing!)

Noooooooooooooooooooo no no no no, that's not how you set up a 5.1 speaker system damnit!

Don't I know it! Unfortunately right behind me is all my girlfriends art design desk and easel and paints and ... yeah, you get the picture lol. So a sacrifice must be made. I did have it setup with two stands behind me for a bit but they got annoying and were getting knocked by the cats and the kid so those came down quickly.

I hope you have some curtains for that window....

Yes, we do! They were just being trimmed up because we bought a long set and cut it in half so it could fit on both windows.

my bedroom setup, nothing special, but I like it :)

my desk where most gaming takes place

AFoS0.jpg

Where I rock some forza. Looks pitiful compared to everyone elses haha

vhd39.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm excited to see what new shit the setup thread regulars have gotten.

Not posting my setup right now because... uh... it sucks.

But maybe when things are looking less shit. Which might actually be in a few months.

(I've been saying that for 2 years.)

How much did the projector cost to build? Was it a good deal cheaper than buying one, or did you just want to build one for the sake of it? Cool either way.

About $600, but that's for 1080p and 575W bulb. 720p with a 400W bulb will run you $300 tops.

The big thing is that the bulbs cost about $27 to replace, rather than $200 to $300. Plus, in my college dorm, the thing reaches 244". Not too shabby.

Not really "My" gaming set-up..but I do plan on spending alot of time in here gaming with my best buddy, my son :)
Basically for Xmas I got him a new TV and a PS3 so I thought it was time to make his room a little "cooler" for a 10yr old. Alot of his posters and items in his room were there since he was 4 or 5, so we junked a ton of stuff..made a few runs to comic shops, I donated junk I had in boxes and such and me and him spent the last 2 days "re-designing" a cool "Dude Room" where he could game with his buddies and impress them when they came over :)

This is his little set-up, 32" with his PS3 and 360 as well as his new Turtle Beach headphones (bottom shelf, but pic is poor quality, only P11's but he loves them!)
IMG_20111229_001627.jpg

CLoset door, he found pics in a Eurosport of some of his sports heroes I let him hang, plus you can see a few sheets of the HUNDREDS of MLS cards I put in plastic and hung.

His little bookshelf, game collection. Top is games and extra controllers, middle is books, bottom is drawing stuff and comic books

VanWinkle

About $600, but that's for 1080p and 575W bulb. 720p with a 400W bulb will run you $300 tops.

The big thing is that the bulbs cost about $27 to replace, rather than $200 to $300. Plus, in my college dorm, the thing reaches 244". Not too shabby.

Wow, not bad at all. Do you have the instructions on the web, or did you just use know-how?

Toy Soldier has expressed interest in posting his updated setup/location...

Now paging Toy Soldier for monumental post...

Now paging Toy Soldier...

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Toy Soldier has expressed interest in posting his updated setup/location...

Now paging Toy Soldier for monumental post...

Now paging Toy Soldier...

I need, NEED, to see the new blades and big breasted woman prints he has in his house. AND the holidays just happened so you know it will be glorious.

alphaNoid

Banned
My setup hasn't changed since 2011, here are some photos. Nothing fancy for me here, living in an apartment so I can save for a house, save save save.

IMG_20110627_121228.jpg

IMG_20110612_085601.jpg

Pollux

OP, you and my grandmother have the same carpet. Will post my set up when I get back home, visiting the parents for another week. Some great set-ups so far!

Absinthe

Pretty much the same but with a new rig. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

I5-2500k @4ghz, 8GB, 6970 2GB, 27" Cinema Display
1w8J8.jpg

100" Projection screen for 360/PS3
ajPJk.jpg

Pics don't do it justice. Amazing how clear the image looks on a screen this size.
hPZDI.jpg

Grassy

Here's a few pics of my set-up. I have a 360 w/HDDVD, PS3, US Gamecube, Marantz SR5003 receiver, Wharfedale speakers and a Samsung 40" LCD. I've had this same set-up for about 3 years now, it goes alright.

dscf0155copykrjxx.jpg

My PC sits in a little alcove under the stairs, blurry pic as my camera is a POS.

dscf0134copymvjzb.jpg

Top Bottom