• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2012 Edition

Stasis

I think my favorite thing about the OP's setup is that under the computer desk is the heater. Who did you kill to have those cards fall into place? My feet just pushed my hands out of the way to type "sooo jealous".

I just recently purchased a bunch of new gear, and decided to re-position everything in my office. I was soooo excited when I realized I could place my main desk under the window, and centered over the heater. It was awful. I mistakenly believed I'd have toasty feet, and the heat would rise up through the small gap in between the desk and the window ledge. Nope. The heat came up from in between my chair and the desk. It was literally suffocating. Switched everything back to how it was and forever gave up on my dream of toasty feet. Maybe it would work with an older heater, or a separate unit... but for a relatively new (2 years old) electric baseboard heater it's a huge no-go.

I even tried the USB powered foot warmers a while back. All they did was make my feet sweat, and then get cold.

Uhh... no amount of dirt would keep that from being completely rad. We need more superguns up in here.

hahah ok man ill post some tomorrow as its a bit late here. The Supergun is paired with a TATE'd Sony Wega 29", supergun, 4 x Cave PCBs with a fatboy beanbag. Ill snap some shots tomorrow as its a cool chillout zone.

Ryan_

6601501511_bdf2da0853.jpg

What desk is that? I reckon the legs are Ikea but I really wanna know where the glass desk comes from :)

Nice setup btw!

Hellish

Thanks everyone for all the comments,

Is it 2012 already? Mine hasn't changed at all...am I still allowed to post? ;^p
Those fisheye shots are pretty cool, OP. Very clean setup, you're going to shame me into vacuuming or something. By the way, go Broncos!
Yea man, still post it, and I have the vacuum whole to the side of my desk for easy access :)

you just made those pics huh, indiana pacers and raptors game is on.
wasn't live pics were taken then uploaded then posted.

Bogarted my thread :(
my bad, didn't know you were going to make it again, it seemed to switch up every year, but I guess you had 2006 & 2011

How is that chair?
same chair I have in the op and its soooo comfortable, someone else in the thread has it too

Man. I love the OPs setup.
I'll probably take a picture of my interm setup, since I plan to go to IKEA next week, or so, and grab a new entertainment center.
<3 Ikea

Tabris

\my bad, didn't know you were going to make it again, it seemed to switch up every year, but I guess you had 2006 & 2011

All good. I was just banned each Christmas time from 2007 to 2010. I also made the original 2005 thread but I couldn't find it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just my PC setup. Home Office. Panny on top is connected to the Wii. Guests mainly use it, I personally do not. Can't do without Dual monitor setup in this day and age and TV is of course for gaming. The PC I built myself thanks to the help of offline friends and PC GAF.

The rest of the setups around the house is pretty much the same as previous years, minor differences and nothing too fancy. I've bought a few monitors and tvs this year and a huge Plasma but got rid of it because of input lag and it takes forever to even turn the thing on.

neQfm.jpg

Tabris

I really like what Buttons has done with his space. That's definitely my style.

I am waiting for the weather to improve before I take pictures of my updated setup :) I am also working on my office setup early this year. I'm trying to find this desk in Vancouver:

signalement-tank-desk-2.jpg

Buttons

I really like what Buttons has done with his space. That's definitely my style.

I am waiting for the weather to improve before I take pictures of my updated setup :) I am also working on my office setup early this year. I'm trying to find this desk in Vancouver:

Wow thanks Tabris, your setup was one of the main ones that inspired me, yours and Chitta's. :D

And that desk looks amazing, I want it. *___*

I also wanted to wait until there was better lighting to take my pictures but I got too impatient. xD

Am hoping to change my setup a bit this year. Need to replace the two chairs, they're old and not very comfortable anymore. I really do want a Barcelona chair but with a small room where I need to carry the chair around if I wanna watch some tv it's not such a good idea, gonna wait to buy one until I have my own apartment I guess. :)

Tabris

The truly brilliant thing about a set up like yours, is it costs half of what others have spent in this thread, but looks really good (in my opinion). And it's because of the cleanness, a consistent colour scheme (wood, white and black), and subtle additions that contrast nicely (green and chrome).

Buttons

The truly brilliant thing about a set up like yours, is it costs half of what others have spent in this thread, but looks really good (in my opinion). And it's because of the cleanness, a consistent colour scheme (wood, white and black), and subtle additions that contrast nicely (green and chrome).

Yes, cleanliness and matching colour schemes are very important to me. And while I do like displaying my games, I am planning to purchase just a few more doors for my shelf unit so I can hide a bit more of the clutter and only display a few select games.

I kind of really want a white desk, but the one I have at the moment is just perfect because of the raised part at the back. Screen is at the perfect height and the baskets where I keep my school stuff fit in perfectly underneath it.
I may just take measurements of the two wooden surface parts and have white ones made, that way the desk will match the rest of my furniture even better but still be the same trusty desk I love. :D

But that desk you posted is just gorgeous, now you made me want a similar one. xD

Mr Jared

I want an apartment as nice as this when I move to SF in a couple of months. How much does it run you if you don't mind me asking?

$1,400 :X Which is unfortunately a good price for downtown. It gets much more affordable the further out from Union Square you go (the neighborhoods get cooler too), but I needed a place here for both work (I was a 15 minute walk out at the beginning of the year, now only 4 blocks to my current job) and transportation.

When you decide to move, check out http://padmapper.com. It's Craigslist / apartments.co. Results over a Google maps API. It's how I found my place as well as for others.

jvalioli

$1,400 :X Which is unfortunately a good price for downtown. It gets much more affordable the further out from Union Square you go (the neighborhoods get cooler too), but I needed a place here for both work (I was a 15 minute walk out at the beginning of the year, now only 4 blocks to my current job) and transportation.

When you decide to move, check out http://padmapper.com. It's Craigslist / apartments.co. Results over a Google maps API. It's how I found my place as well as for others.

Awesome, yeah $1400 sounds good for a studio downtown(at least from the knowledge I gained from apt searching today). Thanks for the link to padmapper btw, I've been putting google maps on one tab and craigslist on the other while looking since I'm not familiar with the area at all.

mtommy

Neo Member
Nothing really new expect the pictures. Can't really think of anything that i should get or upgrade.........maybe a bigger tv
dsc00077xk.jpg

dsc09805s.jpg

dsc09793m.jpg

dsc09786r.jpg

dsc00086fz.jpg

dsc09771md.jpg

Top Bottom