• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2012 Edition

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
baemY.jpg

Nice setup. I could spend all day in there.

AqtAml.jpg

I primarily play games on the smaller TV to the right. Both PC and PS3 can play on either TV Hoping to pick up a new 46" Sammy soon and wall mount it above the mantle.

Dg1CRl.jpg

PS3,PC, G27, Z5500, voip phone for work

hrmwyl.jpg

My loyal headphone holder

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
http://i.imgur.com/AqtAml.jpg[IMG]
I primarily play games on the smaller TV to the right. Both PC and PS3 can play on either TV Hoping to pick up a new 46" Sammy soon and wall mount it above the mantle.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Dg1CRl.jpg
PS3,PC, G27, Z5500, voip phone for work

http://i.imgur.com/hrmwyl.jpg[IMG]
My loyal headphone holder[/QUOTE]

is it ok to have your tower right next to a subwoofer? i remember the warning on my z 5500s said to keep that thing at least 2 feet away from electronics, when i didnt it discoloured my tv temporarily

is it ok to have your tower right next to a subwoofer? i remember the warning on my z 5500s said to keep that thing at least 2 feet away from electronics, when i didnt it discoloured my tv temporarily

Magnet field strength drop off quickly with even a little distance. Not going to do a thing to a HDD if that is the concern. Maybe an old CRT tv would be fucked up by it. Old setup and current my sub has been next to my PC. Dang sub takes up so much room.

Tabris

I guarantee you buying $5 bucks worth of these and spending 30 mins would improve half of your setups infinitely:

9124.jpg

This is my current set ups, though I expect a change once I see whats up with the 2012 elites, all the displays will probably shift I.E. Moving the VT30 to the bedroom, etc.

Office: KRP-500M, 360 Elite, Sony Google TV BluRay, Asus G73JH gaming Laptop, PSPgo
6b8350f5.jpg

(going to hang some movie posters soon)

Bedroom: 58VT25, Panasomic 3D BluRay, Wii
65babdba.jpg

(stuffed animal is wifes lol)

Living Room: 65VT30, Elite SC35, Oppo BDP93, Monster powercenter HDP2500, 360 Elite, PS3
Definitive Technology Mythos 1's x4, Definitive Technology Mythos 8, Definitive Tecnology Mythos Gem's XL x2, Rel T7, Bias Lighting
26c2d9d3.jpg

221718f4.jpg

0f9afc86.jpg

SAM_0894.jpg

SAM_0919.jpg

SAM_0984.jpg

SAM_0833.jpg

Kalnos

Banned
Pepto.. I don't know how you can stand that Ikea TV stand it's so short. I have the same one but I bought another one, left the legs off, and gorilla glue'd them together.

Pachinko

215173_10150718594295037_796275036_19878938_7803985_n.jpg

Main gaming/movie area still looks like this, just a bit messier. Ghetto Basement united! I'm still rocking the same tv I've had since 2006 and it's still somehow on it's first bulb. I was more then prepared to go buy a 60 inch st30 this past week but best buy had other plans by being out of stock. I did go spend far too much money on a 27inch 3d computer monitor though. I quite like it. Don't have a photo though.

n0n44m

pano_20111231_171251cbjii.jpg

gaming/home-theater corner of my room (I have a separate desk elsewhere in the house to study in complete isolation...)

-32" 1080p Samsung LCD
-Yamaha RX-V661 with Jamo S606 fronts+cen , Sony bookshelf rears and a Teufel sub, or a Sennheiser 595
-Very silent watercooled gaming rig; 2600K @ 4.8, GTX480 @ 900, sound&vid through the receiver and keyboard/mouse from a USB hub on my desk, Dualshock 3 via bluetooth (motioninjoy)
-PS3 (which hasn't been used for over 6 months...)
-extra monitor for watching football/formula1 online

going to upgrade the PC case next month, only other upgrade I could see happening in the next 12 months is one of those Sony 3D OLED visors (and pc hardware depending on prices)

pic is from my Galaxy S2 with Pano, and normally I only use the lights behind the TV ;)

So I've actually got two rooms in our house for gaming. The pictures below are of my classic game room (my basement man cave) which houses my Donkey Kong Multicade and my entire classic gaming selection that spawns ~400 games from the last 25 years. I keep all of my modern gaming systems in the upstairs family room, not pictured here.

I've painted one of my walls with chalkboard paint to record high scores and to keep track of which system works with which input on my TV and system selector. I'm always changing things around, so this keeps things straight!

Arranging my basement to fit everything in my collection was quite the challenge, and only possible thanks to my incredibly tolerant wife.

gameroom1.jpg

gameroom2.jpg

gameroom5.jpg

gameroom4.jpg

gameroom8.jpg

gameroom7.jpg

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I'm still surprised by how many people have separate console gaming setups and then separate PC setups. I've been running a "combined" setup now for 5 years. I could never think of going back to a go over to this desk for my computer and go over to this tv for my console setup. I very much like this setup though - essentially both in the same space even if it is two monitors.

This is my current set ups, though I expect a change once I see whats up with the 2012 elites, all the displays will probably shift I.E. Moving the VT30 to the bedroom, etc.

Office: KRP-500M, 360 Elite, Sony Google TV BluRay, Asus G73JH gaming Laptop, PSPgo
6b8350f5.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

No clue man. haha I randomly stumbled on it.

Dunno about the bitch on the left, but the skank on the right is from Speed Grapher. Which is an anime with a lot of unrealized potential :(

BTW, some of these setups are retardedly nice. You guys must be literally drowning in poon.

Danny Dudekisser

Oh thanks...I've actually had that series on my "to watch" list for some time.

It's kind of cool for shock value for a while... though it falls prey to the typical studio Gonzo ghettoness. I remember a scene where a dude was talking, and he turned his head... but his mouth stayed in the same place instead of moving with him. Yeah....

But this has little to do with setups, so I will stop.

I'm still surprised by how many people have separate console gaming setups and then separate PC setups. I've been running a "combined" setup now for 5 years. I could never think of going back to a go over to this desk for my computer and go over to this tv for my console setup. I very much like this setup though - essentially both in the same space even if it is two monitors.

Thank you, yeah I understand. If I were single I would have the PC hooked up to the home theater in the living room, but I would still have to have a separate room for a desk etc for when I want to do some work etc.

Problem is my wife would not be down for me taking up the living room TV to play FFXIV and SWTOR as long as I do. Plus when she has company over and I want to be a hermit I can do that in the office.

I have this set up with hot keys so I can swap extended, duplicated, or separate displays. The PC and 360 and actually everything in here is hooked up to the Kuro so I can play and watch bluray, or stream netflix, work on 360 stuff, play 360, etc etc. Futon is behind me with everything wireless so I can kick back on there and play if I want.

Tabris

Here is my living room setup. My new additions since the last setup is a new AV receiver, sideboard cabinet, and Harmony 1100 Remote (touchscreen). I will be replacing the TV later this year.

rDLlo.jpg

Ayk6P.jpg

N9Jts.jpg

2lLha.jpg

Denon AVR-891, Cable Box, Wii, 360, Apple TV and PS3. All hooked up using RF to IR repeaters for Harmony remote controller so I can leave the entertainment stand closed the entire time (thus why the cables aren't clean / organized behind as you can't see them ever):

SImuZ.jpg

Just as I often get the questions in PMs. Both the coffee table and entertainment stand are discontinued (at least in Canada and US, possibly not in Europe) Ikea furniture. The entertainment stand is called Friel.

aegies

I've got a 20 foot HDMI cable running from my PC to the receiver for this purpose, but at this point, now that I've got a good 42 inch LCD panel above the PC, I don't see much reason for it anymore.

Shadow780

Man how do you guys keep your environments so sterile? My stuffs are covered in dust in like a week. If I have any white furniture it's gonna be like fallout.

derFeef

Man how do you guys keep your environments so sterile? My stuffs are covered in dust in like a week. If I have any white furniture it's gonna be like fallout.

You don't see dust on photos. And I am kinda tired of the super clean look. It can be classy, but I have gone back to "comfy" for my own gaming room.

purg3

slept with Malkin

swiffer duster and vacuum once a week, it's not that hard.

As always, love your setup Tabris.

(._.)

Banned
Here is my living room setup. My new additions since the last setup is a new AV receiver, sideboard cabinet, and Harmony 1100 Remote (touchscreen). I will be replacing the TV later this year.

http://i.imgur.com/rDLlo.jpg[/IMG*]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ayk6P.jpg[/IMG*]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N9Jts.jpg[/IMG*]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2lLha.jpg[/IMG*]

Denon AVR-891, Cable Box, Wii, 360, Apple TV and PS3. All hooked up using RF to IR repeaters for Harmony remote controller so I can leave the entertainment stand closed the entire time (thus why the cables aren't clean / organized behind as you can't see them ever):

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SImuZ.jpg[/IMG*]

Just as I often get the questions in PMs. Both the coffee table and entertainment stand are discontinued (at least in Canada and US, possibly not in Europe) Ikea furniture. The entertainment stand is called Friel.[/QUOTE]

damn you got a nice place. where do you live?

Buttons

I vacuum once a week and then use a swiffer duster. Perfectly normal for me. :eek:

Love your setup as usual Tabris, very very nice. :D Not to mention your view is amazing.

Dartastic

Awesome Post
Every year I see your awesome setup, and every year I think SOON THIS WILL BE ME.... hopefully. Amazing views of Seattle (that is Seattle, right? Or is that Vancouver?). Here's hoping grad school will put me in a good enough place to be able to afford a place like that. Bleh. I'll post pics of my setup later, when I'm at home and can take pics. I got a new TV on Black Friday (40" Samsung LED), and I'm in a new apartment now. I'm in a basement. I'm not part of the Ghetto Basement club however. Sorry guys. :p

BurningNad

6b8350f5.jpg

(going to hang some movie posters soon)

This is the perfect setup, IMO. I am using this pic as a reference when I get the resources to do the same.

delta25

Banned

rDLlo.jpg

Ayk6P.jpg

N9Jts.jpg

2lLha.jpg

SImuZ.jpg

Just as I often get the questions in PMs. Both the coffee table and entertainment stand are discontinued (at least in Canada and US, possibly not in Europe) Ikea furniture. The entertainment stand is called Friel.

I figured out why everyone in the NHL-gaf thread hates you Tabris, you live in an awesome city and have beautiful home with an amazing view of the downtown and west van.

Tabris

Here is my movie and video game collection (minus DVDs I'm planning to replace with Blu Rays and a couple SNES games):

qFiCi.jpg

dDof0.jpg

Also to answer the question above, I live in Vancouver.

Top Bottom