• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2014 Edition

Tabris

Introduction

Welcome to the annual NeoGAF Show us your Gaming Setup thread. Here we post pictures of your gaming setup, from the large collections to the small collections, from the big family rooms to the small room setups, doesn't matter what, show us what you got! After you've posted what you get, make sure to give feedback to other's setup so we can collectively get cooler and better setups.

I didn't have any time to take new pictures, so these are a couple months old but once I finish the rest of my place including my wrap around patio where I will have a zen place for handheld gaming, I'll update.

My Gaming Setup

OhmQ0ri.jpg

FUANpuh.jpg

Here is an update with the latest consoles

Tabris' Official Award for Best Gaming Setup from 2013

The evaluating requirements for winning this award are minimal wires visible, multiple consoles, sleek or comfy interior design / decorating, large collections, latest devices (TVs, receivers, speakers, remote controls), and something unique.

Honourable Mention

This is what Ron Swanson's video game setup would look like!

Salsa Shark said:

Last Minute Addition

One of the best displays of lighting in a real home theatre setup ever in this thread!

Goemon_Gondo said:

Runner-Ups

This guy takes his mobile serious with multiple PS Vitas and 3DS's. Very clean apartment. Also in there is a great cabinet and retro console room.

CAVE343 said:

This guy's man cave setup has so many fun things in one man cave it's impossible to count. A crazy insane 3-monitor PC setup. A bar next to his gaming setup with the biggest sectional I've seen!

Silly Eskimo said:

This cozy attic setup has multiple televisions to handle all of the console and tv watching needed, classic furniture like david eames lounge chair, and no visible wires anywhere.

smurf said:

Winner

For another year, he wins again! This swanky London setup has fantastic modern design choices while still looking extremely comfortable, great natural lightning, and the latest devices. You guys better bring it in 2014, we need someone to beat Chitta as he's been king since he moved into his new pad!

Chittagong said:

Previous Editions

2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013

daveo42

Banned
I always love these threads, even if they remind me I don't have the money or space currently to pull off some a reasonably sweet setup.

Nice game stations and man caves guys.

Starviper

This Chitta guy's setup is disgusting. Your setup too, OP!

Yeah looking at it I wouldn't consider it a winner at all -- nice looking couches and apartment, but the screen is tiny and his PC setup is a single monitor?! :(

EDIT: And it's a Mac.. Seriously, what the fuck? Not a Mac hater but that's not made for gaming at all.

Sky Chief

For another year, he wins again! This swanky London setup has fantastic modern design choices while still looking extremely comfortable, great natural lightning, and the latest devices. You guys better bring it in 2014, we need someone to beat Chitta as he's been king since he moved into his new pad!

That sounds dangerous!

PureSolidness

Neo Member
My setup from the end 2013, will update probably 1st or 2nd quarter 2014 when I upgrade my rig (just waiting on some sponsors for the last few main components to be featured on my next Setup YouTube vid)

VIDEO (most current form):

Spring/Summer 2013:
dsc01235forum.jpg

Older Versions:
setupcollage.jpg

Yazuka

I love threads like this, but at the same time it makes me so damn jealous.
Seems like everybody has such good and nice placement of stuff. I'll try and post my crappy stuff later, I am not in the slightest happy with.
Hoping this thread will give me the inspiration I need to fix that.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Don't care to do any cable management since I'm trying to move by summer. The ethernet cable for the xbone is 100ft long; don't feel like cutting and terminating it. Kinect faces away from me unless I do the fitness app in which case I switch it out with the keyboard in front. I've had that Duke Nukem 3D mouse pad since I was 5 years old (I'm 22 now). Nearby coffee table is for misc tools and knick-knacks.

It's not lazy, it's effective >_>

ampere

Was going to post mine, but now I feel strangely inadequate..

Haha, no kidding. Tabris and Chittagong's setups are killer.

I'll still post mine later, but I really need to get an apartment before I can do anything decent.

iALX

ooo nice here we go again, nothing changed too much for this year except the TV (already posted it in 2013 thread) but since it's 2014 upgrade well :)

Awaiting for PS4 and XONE to add to the setup...

Everything is hand made by me, wires all all behind, this year I am planning to hide wires for rear speakers, need to punch a lot of concrete for that, to add tubing for wires etc, can't really do it right now, baby on the way next week :D

dsc_0335nvoe1.jpg

dsc_0348e5oor.jpg

dsc_0350faqps.jpg

dsc_0378y3rgu.jpg

dsc_03748bqxn.jpg

dsc_0293daq11.jpg

dsc_0398l2q7z.jpg

Bravoexo

Here's mine

Living Room Gaming Theater...

11735613283_b6fe18b323_b.jpg

TV: Sony Bravia KDL-55W904A
Stand: Bell-O CW343
Console: Xbox One
Console: Xbox 360 S
Console: Sony PS3
Add-On: MS HD-DVD w/ Remote
Add-On: Kinect LCD Stand
HTiB: Sony DAV-DZ950 (5.1)
AVR: Harman Kardon AVR330
Floorstanders: Wharfedale Diamond 8.4
Center: Philips Center CS6
Subwoofer: Polk Audio PSW110
Switcher: Radioshack Toslink 4-1 Switcher
Network: Zyxel Gigabit 8-port Switch
Power: Omni 1500W Servo Motor AVR

Racing Setup

11625568585_87f4fb3a1c_c.jpg

Racing Seat: Playseat GranTurismo Revolution (w/ Seat Slider, Gearshift holder, Mat)
Racing Wheel: Logitech G27 Wheel w/ Brake Pedal from Playseat

Triple Screen PC Setup/2nd Console setup

8457014148_b61f4c35d7_c.jpg

8592370070_7f26c95511_c.jpg

8502139721_2fef5afa5b_c.jpg

CPU: i7-3770K @4.5Ghz
MB: Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 C9 16Gb
GPU: Asus GTX680 DCII 4GB x2 (SLI)
Mon: LG E2440V x3
SSD: Crucial M4 256Gb mSata + OCZ Agility 3 120gb
HD: Seagate 1TB x 2, Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB x 2, Seagate 2TB x 4
NAS: Buffalo WSXL/E + Seagate 1Tb
Network: Linksys GigE 8 port SE2800 switch, Buffalo GigE 8 port switch, Buffalo WZR-HP300N AP, Tenda W300D DSL modem + Wifi-N AP.
Keyboard: A4Tech X7
Mouse: A4Tech F3
Printer: Epson Photo L800
Scanner: Canon 5800C
HDD Dock: Vantec Nextar USB3.0 dual dock
Cooling: Black Ice GTX360 radiator, MCP-355 pump, Swiftech Apogee GTZ CPU Block

and there's an old Falcon Xbox 360 underneath the desk which I use sometimes.

Sdoots

Living in a tiny apartment really limits my options. Super jealous of these, but I can't stop looking.

I will have a battlestation, some day. Some day.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Thanks for the mention! Some beautiful setups here. Your new place looks amazing Tabris!

I have done some pretty major updates to my setup - X51 gaming PC, Wii U, PS4 and a Samsung 75" TV to mention a few. Will take new pictures when I'm back in London, provided the sun breaks out and I can get some nice pics.

Allforce

Not much has changed from last year, PS4 replaced the PS3 (which moved upstairs). No new artwork hung, although I do have a Man of Steel print from Mondo that I haven't framed yet.

20131204_002222_zps07cb0f24.jpg

20131204_002234_zps61d55563.jpg

120" diagonal, 5.2 surround.
67a70aeb-602d-4a87-9e7b-eea847848b7f_zps926d0ea4.jpg

c8033151-8b13-4551-b41f-bf8c6645f4ee_zps948623b0.jpg

TheGamer

I love this thread. I am definitely subscribing to this thread, like I do every year. Let the Best Gaming Setup Battle Begin!

KaYotiX

Banned
Mostly unchanged from last year, baby in April really changes what I can do but wouldn't change it for the world. Also, the backs are removed on the entertainment center for air flow on the Xbox One and receiver so don't freak out about it being all trapped in a box with no air flow :)

20140103_173249_zps5e185759.jpg

20140103_173513_zpsd5fc5350.jpg

20140103_173401_zps7b9d36a8.jpg

20140103_173303_zps094d3a75.jpg

I will upload some nicer, better pics of my home theatre (Aurora) soon. Then with in action shots from different angles. I'll combine shots from the room and shots from the big projection in one pic, because it's impossible to shot an HDR pic in a dark cinema room with a bright projection. Unfortunately it's impossible to show the excellent sound quality from the german NuVero speakers and subwoofers from Nubert. I would love to demonstrate it to you all. But Germany is just a bit too far away for you I guess...

kuppy

Yeah, the thread is up, subbed. It's always so inspiring to get ideas for your own place, specially since so many different styles come together.

Top Bottom