• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2014 Edition

Qblivion

mcuiRxb.jpg

kOt3sq7.jpg

uhDBUOo.jpg

I need more space... or less stuff? Nah. More space.

A quick snap from our old place...

DSC_0761.jpg

I have more (including the basement I finished), but I have to dig them up. I'll also update you guys with pictures of our new place now that we've settled in.

Crazy setup. If you don't mind me asking, how much money do you think you've put into the room? I'd personally love to do something similar when I start raking in a decent income.

That's not easy to answer. There was much more to do because before it was a garage. This is what it looked like one year ago

uv7i47wi.png

I made all by myself but the internal insulation and the floor screed. I build the acoustic absorbers (the black things on the wall) by my myself as well. This is where you can save lots of money. It think I invested around 40.000 euros...

i see your a Kingdom Hearts fan OP =P
my TVs about the same size but its a stand
id never get a wall TV id be paranoid something bad would happen

winstano

Ikea expedit and benno. Same in every country :). I have both in my home theatre. expedit behind the seats, benno at the back wall.

nice figures!

Cheers! Expedit is a really affordable way of putting together a nice looking setup, I've found. My goal is to have a setup like yours one day, stunning!!

These threads are my favorite threads on GAF. Maybe I'll post mine this year. It's nothing impressive at all though, so eh.

Yeah looking at it I wouldn't consider it a winner at all -- nice looking couches and apartment, but the screen is tiny and his PC setup is a single monitor?! :(

EDIT: And it's a Mac.. Seriously, what the fuck? Not a Mac hater but that's not made for gaming at all.

He has an X51 (Alienware PC) in his living room, IIRC.

Riggs need to come back to this thread.

:/

You sure you don't mean regs? I don't think I've ever seen Riggs post in these threads.

And does he even post anymore (regs, not Riggs)? I haven't seen him around in a while. Someone PM him!

y7x.gif

Also, what are those black rectangles on the walls and ceiling? Decor? Or do they serve some kind of secret sauce purpose?

Can we not quote entire posts full of images? At least remove the tags or something.

I always feel like a filthy slob after visiting these threads.

This. At least it's good inspiration for the future.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
That's not easy to answer. There was much more to do because before it was a garage. This is what it looked like one year ago

uv7i47wi.png

I made all by myself but the internal insulation and the floor screed. I build the acoustic absorbers (the black things on the wall) by my myself as well. This is where you can save lots of money. It think I invested around 40.000 euros...

Great work! Looks amazing. Do you have progress pics?

Also, do you do this by profession or did you use some resources to build it out? Hae any sources?

Strider

Subbed. I was randomly looking at gaming setups on the internet last year when I came across the 2013 thread and thus was introduced to Neogaf...

I love my setup but damn it looks terrible compared to some of those in the OP.

GuessWho

A quick snap from our old place...

DSC_0761.jpg

I have more (including the basement I finished), but I have to dig them up. I'll also update you guys with pictures of our new place now that we've settled in.

where did you get that painting on the left? can we get close up

Strider

uv7i47wi.png

i had to backtrack to see what this pic turned into. WOW. Amazing setup and work.

This looks great, I don't think I remember your setup from last year's thread. I love the contrast of those 2 framed images and your rug with the white everywhere else, and that you can see the rug through the coffee table since it's glass.

Thank you! It was a hot summers day, so I decided to open all the windows to get a nice breeze through there - normally it's all closed up/blinds down and makes a great man cave.

Great work! I like everything, except the seating. You going to hang any movie posters?

posters only in the projector and tec room. Pics coming later. it's not finished yet.

I love the seating. It's so damn comfortable that my wife always wants to sleep.

What is it with these particular mice? They always look like they have a bunch of dents in them. Is that the design on the colored part?

Edit: Found a closer pic of what I was talking about. It's the design, but wtf?

Logitech-MX518-Gaming-Mouse.jpeg

It's their design; came out around the time where gaming cases looked like transformers & led's were all the jazz. #DealWithIt

waggabond

Banned
Didn't we have the exact same thread like a week ago? Why not make this thread weekly so you guys can keep posting and showing-off your setups without having to wait for a calendar year change?

Anion

Mostly unchanged from last year, baby in April really changes what I can do but wouldn't change it for the world. Also, the backs are removed on the entertainment center for air flow on the Xbox One and receiver so don't freak out about it being all trapped in a box with no air flow :)

20140103_173513_zpsd5fc5350.jpg

I have the same entertainment cabinet! I ended up putting a fan on the back of mine from AC Infinity due to the same problem

RedAssedApe

Banned
I came to that conclusion a loooong time ago. Even though it makes me depressed everytime I see a new setup I keep coming back.

i like to think that the posters in this thread are like the 1%-ers of GAF. makes me feel less depressed when browsing the thread. lol

i can really only take small peeks at this thread to keep my sanity in check.

GavinUK86

i like to think that the posters in this thread are like the 1%-ers of GAF. makes me feel less depressed when browsing the thread. lol

i can really only take small peeks at this thread to keep my sanity in check.

anything to make your own setup feel a little bit better lol.

Sigh i really envy us gaffer house..
In Milan i live in a condo (house of 120sqm) near mediaset..
In southern Italy i live in 90 (and 110 terrace) in Trani....

I might move to the netherlands, but their crazy ass small house...
Same in the uk...
United states has dem big house that make me remember when i loved with my parents in our smallish villa (400ish sqm + garden)..
We then moved to a condo in the center to ease us going to school (the villa was at good 10km from our school or the city...).. We use that as summer home for me and M esisterà when we get back to southern Italy from time to time...
I REALLY would love to have big spaces and all, but at least in Italy there's scantly any real possibility..

Even your flat, like tabris's, are glorious in the us..
In Milan they ask you 1k eur per month for some lame ass 90mq not even in the duomo or similar area..
Used to stay in lambrate paying 800 for 70mq, till i moved near Mediaset, outside Milan...

Won't post my set up till later in the year as nothing has changed from last year except for the X360 being replaced with XBONE and PS3 being replaced with PS4.

I have however just signed on to build a house which I should be living in around October so I am excited to post my work in progress around that time in the new house. Will be a good place to share and track the progress with it and also gather ideas. Lots of amazing set ups in these threads, every setup I look at on here I think about how I can take things from it and implement it into my own setup.

Hopefully I will have upgraded my current 55" Samsung LED to a 70" or something in time for the first lot of photos.

We have darkish navy blue carpets going in and a charcoal couch. Would white or beige furniture(tv cabinet, coffee table) look out of place? Does anyone a have similar colour scheme they could share some photos of?

Question..
Goemon what's your work?
Just trying to figure, because..
Well the figures of rich in my family don't exactly add up, as we've been wealthy since generation, but you would hardly say that my parent's villa is the home of a marine engine teacher and a school secretary..
I'm well off with my work (senior it consultant//documentum architect), but my lousy 2,2k/month netto would hardly grant me an house like that :p
How much did you pour into that room alone if i may ask?

GavinUK86

Pretty much. It sucks cause while I'm playing I wanna snap a pic of my set up but it doesn't even come close to the stuff being posted. Nice setups everybody.

same here. you know every now and again someone will post a joke pic of a tiny crt tele and a crate in a basement and say that's their setup? mine, in reality, is only slightly better than that lol.

Coolwhip

Banned
It's more like people who have more elaborate setups are more inclined to post.

And most setups are in pretty small rooms. It's pretty expected that gaming enthusiasts spend a large portion of their income on their tv corner. Not to say the setups aren't nice. But so far I have only seen 1-2 folks that are probably really rich.

leng jai

And most setups are in pretty small rooms. It's pretty expected that gaming enthusiasts spend a large portion of their income on their tv corner. Not to say the setups aren't nice. But so far I have only seen 1-2 folks that are probably really rich.

Like mine for example. TVs aren't all that expensive and most of the setups here don't have high end surround sound setups which usually take up the lion's share of the budget.

I have progress pics. You can see them in a German forum: http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=browseT&forum_id=36&thread=13489&postID=5#5

I did everything by myself. It's my hobby for many years. No profession.

Holy shit, man. Great job. :)

To the other posters that said they feel discouraged from posting, they shouldn't. At least for myself, I always enjoy checking out the images to see how other people have set-up their playing experience. After I finish re-arranging and framing some new prints, I'll post my own pic of my small apartment set-up :p

Wish I had an actual good camera, but my Vita will have to do for now.

My desk with my monitor, PS4, PS3, Alienware, etc on it.
Alienware up close
PS4 and PS3 (it's a little too dark but my PS3 is at the bottom
Video game/manga/anime collection zoomed out (ignore Dr.Pepper bottle lol)
Last time I posted in the setup thread, people said they liked my DBZ painted wallpaper. So I took a pic of a little bit of it. I would take a pic of the whole thing, but my bed is in front of it blocking most of it.

Top Bottom