• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

Really happy with the results and I think I'm finally finished tweaking my setup so it's time to enjoy.

XetNRGm.jpg

wjw4M0r.jpg

Bar Area

arImMnO.jpg

Mame Machine

5roroS0.jpg

Battlestation

ZfF2sG1.jpg

tYxA2Uj.jpg

Media

7XDGfu1.jpg

PGXg6v6.jpg

XTkRfZI.jpg

Final with Lighting

5xn6li3.jpg

This is baller as shit. I'd love to do something like this in my house when we move. How did you do the lights?

Sky Chief

Just finished moving into my new place. Sorry for shitty pics but it's really bright outside.

Living room - 60" Vizio w/ surround sound system, PS4, Xbox One

Bedroom - 55" Sony, PS3, Gaming PC with OR DK2 and 34" LG extra widescreen

A ten minute walk out the front door and to the left:

A five minute walk out the front door and to the right (look at the seal pups on the beach, so cute!):

cormack12

Gold Member
Made a deal with the missus. I could redecorate but only if I kept budget to less than £150. Think I did ok from my last setup pic. Pics aren't great because there's a tiny window that lets in really bright sunshine and it blows the exposure out (got allocated the smallest room :/). Just went simple - ideally I'd not have the desk in there but I need it with the chair, and it comes in handy for the cantilever bracket on the TV for when I get the PC ordered.

Wires need pinning too, I thought the TV unplugged from the back but the rubber moulding is embedded, so I'll need to cut the plug off before running it behind the MDF. All in all though, pretty happy with the way it turned out.

yodandy

Panoramic view + a few pics of my basement game room. My 1st attempt at a projector setup. Luckily the light that comes through that window is minimal so the projector works out great all through the day. That's a 120' projector screen, & a smaller 32' to the right (great for NFL Sundays, NFL Redzone). Minifridge for beers. Xbox One, Wii U, 360, decent Pioneer stero 5.1 setup. Luckily the place I'm renting came with the walls all wired up with speaker wire. The biggest challenge was getting all the components towards the back next to the projector/wall speaker ports. With the small space I have I'm satisfied, looking to buy a place within the next few years and make a much better game / theater room.

Full album here.

Panoramic view + a few pics of my basement game room. My 1st attempt at a projector setup. Luckily the light that comes through that window is minimal so the projector works out great all through the day. That's a 120' projector screen, & a smaller 32' to the right (great for NFL Sundays, NFL Redzone). Minifridge for beers. Xbox One, Wii U, 360, decent Pioneer stero 5.1 setup. Luckily the place I'm renting came with the walls all wired up with speaker wire. The biggest challenge was getting all the components towards the back next to the projector/wall speaker ports. With the small space I have I'm satisfied, looking to buy a place within the next few years and make a much better game / theater room.

Full album here.

Looks great! I hope to do something like this in my garage after I build another detached garage.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Really like your setup, yodandy. What are you using for the lighting behind the sofa? LED strips attached to the wall?

Been meaning to post this for a while. When my wife got pregnant, I had to move the office to the basement. It turned out to be a blessing, because I created a pretty dope gaming room. Bought myself a new chair and a new desk to complete an already awesome PC setup. I also have my GameCube, PS2, Xbox 360 and Wii hooked up to a CRT down here. It's basically my "Site B," where the primary current gen console setup is upstairs, and not pictured because it's still under construction.

H6TfPah.jpg

bcYVkAh.jpg

unCRDAU.jpg

1Qc0Fkg.jpg

q4lmVwn.jpg

is that a PS Vita?

MrFixIt

Hey guys, this is my setup. Nothing luxurious and it might look a little messy, but everything is set up for maximum comfort and usability. Note the Zelda collection and the way I store controllers.
w9lRlwf.jpg
PcsDN9X.jpg
eWROfXi.jpg
43Ib3rP.jpg
54IKOdC.jpg

Weetrick

Hey guys, this is my setup. Nothing luxurious and it might look a little messy, but everything is set up for maximum comfort and usability. Note the Zelda collection and the way I store controllers.

Stuff them in a box on your shelf? Am I missing something?

EpicBox

Yours all look really clean compared to mine. I'm moving at the end of June. My bed is also in this room.

The seat:
20150312_223337_zpsaeqmfegx.jpg

What it looks like when in use:
20150312_223130_zps198410ac.jpg

The PC with subwoofer in front, PS3 behind the TV, 3D glasses on top of the PS3:
20150312_223544_zpsd6894078.jpg

I have a Logitech 560z 5.1 surround system hooked up to the PC. The cables aren't that long so I have to move the rear-right speaker across the room to use it. Can't wait to move to my new apartment that's much more well arranged so I won't have to do that.

I also hate this TV stand and can't wait to replace it. My PS4 is under there alongside my cable box and DVD home theatre.

Yes I have 2 surround sound systems around the same TV - Logitech for the PC and Panasonic for the consoles. And these particular games here are ones that mostly don't fit into collections:
20150312_223619_zps62cadc45.jpg

And these are my collections of games and movies that are sorted in canonical order by series. The series are put together wherever I can easily tell them apart - the box spines don't blend with colour and size:

20150312_223640_zpsc2cdba78.jpg

20150312_223705_zps111397e0.jpg

20150312_223749_zps19abe6e2.jpg

20150312_223825_zps9e144994.jpg

Swig_

I've had trouble with mouse lag on a large screen TV (60"). I'd like to get my setup finished and maybe posted here, but this is driving me crazy. It's difficult to play games that require mouse input.

Does anyone know of a solution for this?

MrFixIt

Stuff them in a box on your shelf? Am I missing something?
Those cardboard displays that usually hold plush toys are great for storage. They come in a variety of sizes so depending on the amount of space you have, you could in theory have a different one for each console. It's a unique and cheap (free) way to store controllers.

Neil_J_UK

Moving into a new house on the 22nd May and loving this thread for all the inspiration! Will have my own games room, finding it so hard to plan how I want it all!

Arttemis

I've had trouble with mouse lag on a large screen TV (60"). I'd like to get my setup finished and maybe posted here, but this is driving me crazy. It's difficult to play games that require mouse input.

Does anyone know of a solution for this?

How old is your TV? Sony W series and Vizio E/M series in the last year have had amazing reductions to their input latency. I'm looking for a 55" E series on sale, personally, hoping to find last year's model for ~$400 on clearance.

Swig_

How old is your TV? Sony W series and Vizio E/M series in the last year have had amazing reductions to their input latency. I'm looking for a 55" E series on sale, personally, hoping to find last year's model for ~$400 on clearance.

I forget the model, but I think it's a Vizio A-series? I'm running a Dell Optiplex 960 with a Q9400 and 8GB RAM, with a GeForce 750ti. I'm guessing that the problem is on the TV side. It also goes through an Onkyo receiver.

Just finished moving into my new place. Sorry for shitty pics but it's really bright outside.

Living room - 60" Vizio w/ surround sound system, PS4, Xbox One

Bedroom - 55" Sony, PS3, Gaming PC with OR DK2 and 34" LG extra widescreen

A ten minute walk out the front door and to the left:

A five minute walk out the front door and to the right (look at the seal pups on the beach, so cute!):

How comfy is that green chair Sky Chief with the footstool? Also does it fold up and how much? Looks like something I could do with rather than pulling the sofa forward.

Chinbo37

I forget the model, but I think it's a Vizio A-series? I'm running a Dell Optiplex 960 with a Q9400 and 8GB RAM, with a GeForce 750ti. I'm guessing that the problem is on the TV side. It also goes through an Onkyo receiver.

Do you still have lag if your computer is plugged direct to your TV without using the receiver ? That's what I would check first

Fellow furniture lovers, especially Eames lovers. I feel like I scored a once in a lifetime deal on some chairs. 4 very slightly used Vitra Eames molded plastic chairs for only $300. Normally, brand new, they cost $459 each. I've verified that they're real but I'm still in disbelief that I got 4 for less than the price of 1.

This chair

http://store.hermanmiller.com/Products/Eames-Molded-Plastic-Armchair

If anyone is near Salem, OR and want this stupid crazy deal, there's a few left. The store had a shipment of 20 and 8 sold by the next day.

On a similar note as above ^^^^

The semi-annual Herman Miller 15% off sale is going on now for anyone looking to snag anything else from them.

Fellow furniture lovers, especially Eames lovers. I feel like I scored a once in a lifetime deal on some chairs. 4 very slightly used Vitra Eames molded plastic chairs for only $300. Normally, brand new, they cost $459 each. I've verified that they're real but I'm still in disbelief that I got 4 for less than the price of 1.

This chair

http://store.hermanmiller.com/Products/Eames-Molded-Plastic-Armchair

If anyone is near Salem, OR and want this stupid crazy deal, there's a few left. The store had a shipment of 20 and 8 sold by the next day.

Are they comfortable though?

My Omega GX came in today. Aw yiss. Dance Dance nook is complete (don't worry, I'll be hiding the cords and moving the Xbox, had to test everything out first!).

CDgtqUt.jpg

2vAuoCP.jpg

4boO0Sy.jpg

That looks pretty awesome, what's the build quality like on that brand mat? I've always wanted to get a high quality home-mat but never knew what brand/where to order from.

That looks pretty awesome, what's the build quality like on that brand mat? I've always wanted to get a high quality home-mat but never knew what brand/where to order from.

Did tons of research. Best pad you can buy. They just improved them too with new pressure plates (I got in on the first batch!). Worth every penny.

Even though I have a pretty decent set up in my basement with a plasma, built-ins and fancyness. I feel like its too much and I want something like your setup at my next place. My own little corner somewhere in the house with a nice monitor a comfy chair, and a couple shelves for collectables and knick-knacks and stuff. Throw in a couple bookshelf speakers and I'd be set.

Did tons of research. Best pad you can buy. They just improved them too with new pressure plates (I got in on the first batch!). Worth every penny.

That's awesome to hear thanks, when I googled the Omega GX I found the website "Precisiondancepads", I know it may be hard for you to answer but do you think any new orders placed would be for pads with the new plates or that they have back stock of the previous pads? Or am I misunderstanding and the GX implies the new model you're talking about. Sorry for all the questions, you seem like someone knowledgeable on the subject so I'd prefer to go for the best :D

That's awesome to hear thanks, when I googled the Omega GX I found the website "Precisiondancepads", I know it may be hard for you to answer but do you think any new orders placed would be for pads with the new plates or that they have back stock of the previous pads? Or am I misunderstanding and the GX implies the new model you're talking about. Sorry for all the questions, you seem like someone knowledgeable on the subject so I'd prefer to go for the best :D

All pads from now on will have the pressure plates. They do not have backstock, all pads are made to order (you can even submit your own graphics if you want). I've been following PDP on Facebook, and they were so impressed when they tested the new plates, they are standard on all pads now. Before, there was a rare chance of needing to clean underneath the lexan polycarbonate to prevent sticking, and this eliminates that entirely. Turnaround time was about six weeks, since I ordered near the end of March.

All pads from now on will have the pressure plates. They do not have backstock, all pads are made to order (you can even submit your own graphics if you want). I've been following PDP on Facebook, and they were so impressed when they tested the new plates, they are standard on all pads now. Before, there was a rare chance of needing to clean underneath the lexan polycarbonate to prevent sticking, and this eliminates that entirely. Turnaround time was about six weeks, since I ordered near the end of March.

Wow, you just sold me on one :p I've always considered getting a good mat to use with Stepmania and this is exactly what I've always wanted. Thank you very much :D

Even though I have a pretty decent set up in my basement with a plasma, built-ins and fancyness. I feel like its too much and I want something like your setup at my next place. My own little corner somewhere in the house with a nice monitor a comfy chair, and a couple shelves for collectables and knick-knacks and stuff. Throw in a couple bookshelf speakers and I'd be set.

Comfy chair is a must 😀

20150509_141155_zpsfpmas4ee.jpg

Hey guys; I've been lurking this thread for years and have always wanted to contribute. I got a place a year ago but have never felt ready to show it off until now. Some of these shots were not done under optimal lighting so I apologize in advanced. I may redo them soon. Imgur Album

Hey guys; I've been lurking this thread for years and have always wanted to contribute. I got a place a year ago but have never felt ready to show it off until now. Some of these shots were not done under optimal lighting so I apologize in advanced. I may redo them soon. Imgur Album

Nice. You don't see many urinals in residential homes.

Top Bottom